Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Let me tell you from fresh experience, it’s super cool and rewarding to get an 1100-capped Warden’s Law from the 1300 NF rather than, yknow, anything good or useful

I agree it's dumb, but on the plus side, the chance of getting a Warden's Law is completely independent of all other loot drops. It doesn't replace anything at all; it's just some free materials for deleting

Instead of getting N Loot, you get N Loot + a Warden's law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I agree it's dumb, but on the plus side, the chance of getting a Warden's Law is completely independent of all other loot drops. It doesn't replace anything at all; it's just some free materials for deleting

Instead of getting N Loot, you get N Loot + a Warden's law

Every gun that is dropped, every eververse ship launched, every ghost shell released signifies, in the final sense, a theft from guardians who hunger and are not fed, guardians who are cold and are not clothed.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
So is it 1310 or 1360?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

sunday at work posted:

So is it 1310 or 1360?

Im guessing 1060/1100 max

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah power progression and ghost mod expiration and whatnot are going to be a bit unclear and awkward until the next few seasons drop

I doubt bungie knows the answers for sure yet either

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Tbey know the answer, its written down in their json variable identifiers :laugh:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAX POWER 1060!

CURRENT POWRLER 1100!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

CheeseFactory posted:

MAX POWER 1060!

CURRENT POWRLER 1100!

Love a well-planned-out game! [ignores the "Banshee-41" scannable]

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

(fifteen seconds later, A Frozen Embryo died on the way back to his home planet)

https://i.imgur.com/mhX2Qu2.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/FuPHEMW.mp4

we went in as a squad of 11... got picked off one by one

https://i.imgur.com/PO9YCX5.mp4

12/10, would do again, would recommend to anyone with half an hour to kill in orbit beforehand, whether they have ever done the raid (or any raid) before or not

edit- missing from the videos is the sound of 14 people hooting and hollering nonstop at absolutely everything that happened

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 4, 2021

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Destiny 2 Console Thread: Cav's Destiny 2 Blog

TWAB is up and with it, two important takeaways:

1. Clown car raids expire on March 16th so get in on this poo poo while you can

2. Anyone who doesn't vote for dinosaurs will be permabanned

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
How could anyone prefer anything over the dinosaur armor? I don’t understand.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Lord Wexia posted:

How could anyone prefer anything over the dinosaur armor? I don’t understand.

Oh you would be surprised (cough) pc thread (cough).

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
I actually finished the weekly challenge for Survival matches. I was very surprised that it wasnt 100% felwinters and steady hands. A lot of variety and good matches. Got rolled once or twice by a pack of hunters but overall had fun for the first time in PvP.

Random teammates stuck together instead of running off in completely different directions solo helped a great deal.

Apes together strong!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:siren: Banshee is selling Wrath of Rasputin :siren:

https://twitter.com/banshee44mods/status/1370781825296183296?s=21

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
Gotta be a nerf incoming. Let everyone get a taste first.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Majere posted:

Gotta be a nerf incoming. Let everyone get a taste first.

They promised a nerf in the same post where they canceled sunsetting. Felwinters is also scheduled for a nerf

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
This Sepicks Prime Nightfall is really good fun. Even with two complete strangers had no problem murderising it for the 100k pinnacle because of the sheer mob density. It's like a strike mixed with a battleground.

I'm having no luck with lfg for Xbox raiding tho in UK hours. Is there a noticeable difference for pve with latency etc if you go play with people across the Atlantic? Anyone Americans played with Euro goons and found it ok? I don't want to rock up to something needing a Sherpa and then have a dogshit connection and cause other people problems.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
it never gets old

https://i.imgur.com/ww8a2N6.mp4

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

ClydeFrog posted:

This Sepicks Prime Nightfall is really good fun. Even with two complete strangers had no problem murderising it for the 100k pinnacle because of the sheer mob density. It's like a strike mixed with a battleground.

I'm having no luck with lfg for Xbox raiding tho in UK hours. Is there a noticeable difference for pve with latency etc if you go play with people across the Atlantic? Anyone Americans played with Euro goons and found it ok? I don't want to rock up to something needing a Sherpa and then have a dogshit connection and cause other people problems.

I play a bunch in the morning here in the USA because I have a night job. Most of my lfg groups are British dudes/ladies and I don’t have an issue.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:siren: :siren: POWERFUL FRIENDS FOR SALE TODAY :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/banshee44mods/status/1377304806923116553?s=20

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Beyond Light is in the PSN spring sale, available for $27 or so (non season pass version) if you were waiting to pull the trigger.

Edit- apparently the deluxe edition (with 4 seasons) is $30.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 31, 2021

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Just started playing again for the first time since Year 1. Is there any way for me to decrypt these Umbral Engrams coming in now? The internet suggests the device to decrypt them could only be acquired prior to Beyond Light, is that correct and I'm SOL with these things?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

popewiles posted:

Just started playing again for the first time since Year 1. Is there any way for me to decrypt these Umbral Engrams coming in now? The internet suggests the device to decrypt them could only be acquired prior to Beyond Light, is that correct and I'm SOL with these things?

Go to the HELM special area in the tower director, the decryptor will be right in front of you.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Play a ton of battlegrounds basically

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Go to the HELM special area in the tower director, the decryptor will be right in front of you.

Yeah that area doesn't exist for me.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

popewiles posted:

Yeah that area doesn't exist for me.

Huh. You might need to start the current season’s storyline?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Huh. You might need to start the current season’s storyline?

Got a few hours into it today.
The broader internet has been very unhelpful. I'm really at a loss.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

popewiles posted:

Might this reddit comment thread contain your answer? Now that I think about it I do remember the season/battlegrounds quest/hammer being real stupid and unintuitive to start.

edit- but if you're "a few hours" into it I'd have to imagine you've already done this? game broken, no surprises here

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 1, 2021

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

popewiles posted:

Do the season storyline in the quest until you unlock it. Ignore them until then. Season of the chosen quest.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Warmind’s Longevity for sale today! :toot:

https://twitter.com/destinyinsights/status/1378754331516751878?s=21

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Guardian Games :effort:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Want that water bottle ghost though

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

It's the blinding hunter Cloak for me

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Banshee is selling Powerful Friends again for anyone who missed it a few weeks ago

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50272

Transmog:

-Gather the first currency. Spend it on bounties. Do them to earn the second currency. Convert the second currency into the third currency. Spend the third currency on a transmog. This will add a universal ornament that looks like that armor piece to your collection. I have no idea why this is so complicated. you can also buy the third currency with silver

-10 transmogs per class per season, with 10 bonus transmogs per class in season 14 because it's the first time

-Year 1 non-universal ornaments won't work but may work in the future

-The armor customizer is changing so you can browse your entire shader collection without having to pre-buy them, finally

-There is an apply shader to all armor button, finally

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
poo poo sucks so bad lol

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

haveblue posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50272

Transmog:

-Gather the first currency. Spend it on bounties. Do them to earn the second currency. Convert the second currency into the third currency. Spend the third currency on a transmog. This will add a universal ornament that looks like that armor piece to your collection. I have no idea why this is so complicated. you can also buy the third currency with silver

This sounds like garbage.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I expected this to be a grind filled play to sell more silver and I'm still amazed at just how bad that all is.

400 dust for a shader.

And they even managed to trot out that dumb line about players needing to see exotics to know what to expect from opponents to justify not allowing transmog ornaments to apply to exotics.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
When unlocking these armor appearances into Universal Ornaments, are you unlocking an entire armor set per Synthweave, or individual armor pieces? Because if the latter, with 100s of items, it would take years to unlock every piece at a rate of 10 per 3-month season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Listerine posted:

When unlocking these armor appearances into Universal Ornaments, are you unlocking an entire armor set per Synthweave, or individual armor pieces? Because if the latter, with 100s of items, it would take years to unlock every piece at a rate of 10 per 3-month season.

quote:

In total, during Season of [REDACTED] players may earn up to 20 Synthweave per class, which can either be used to convert four full sets to ornaments, or 20 specific items.

Kill [???] enemies to earn 150 strand
Spend 150 strand on 1 bounty
Complete 1 bounty to earn 1(?) cord
Spend 1(?) cord to buy 1 weave
Spend 1 weave to convert 1 armor piece from collections to an ornament

Making every armor ever released an ornament is impossible under this system, they introduce new armor faster than you'd catch up