Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
acab gently caress 12 abolish the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
:d2a:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

glad the police were here to interject deadly violence into teenage squabbles

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Reality Protester posted:

glad the police were here to interject deadly violence into teenage squabbles

They would never shoot a white teenager because every parent would come down and kill them.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

don't you realize that the police as an institution are no longer racist? Trump is gone. This is Joe Biden's America! Chauvin was convicted! It's wrong to say that "the police are racist" or "the police murdered this black kid because that's the one thing cops love doing more than anything else", we have to put on our branded CBS's CSI: Crime Scene Investigation ballcaps and pour over every HD frame of the cops executing a young girl in broad daylight to determine if she deserved it (yes) and/or if there was anything else the police could possibly do (no way!!!)

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

quote:

I'm just very reluctant to express opinions on highly complex and difficult situations like this based on snippets of video or witness claims posted online but, yes, from everything one can see, it seems like she was about to stab the other girl with a lot of force.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

MFW I'm a heavily armed and body-armored law enforcement officer with my 3 buddies and we only have 2 minutes to figure out how to disarm a young girl

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
P sure that girl was about to stab her friend

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Oyak posted:

I don’t think that’s certain at all. It looked to me like she was brandishing a knife but hadn’t actually used it. One thing that the pigs and the pig lovers and their pig friends and all their pig families want you to believe is that brandishing a weapon is sure intent to use it but it’s really not. People wave that poo poo around to be threatening. I’m of the opinion that if she was going to stab someone somebody would have already have been stabbed

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

lol glenn haters gotta drag him into every thread.

this is gonna be strawman: the thread

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

glad the cops were there to shoot that teenage girl or else someone might have gotten stabbed

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Not just once but 4 times. Just to be sure.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oyak posted:

Why didn't she stab the girl she took to the ground?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://www.reddit.com/r/Columbus/comments/mwdpx3/new_angle_of_the_shooting_of_makhia_bryant_from/

sorry for the reddit thread but here's another angle from someone's home security camera.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
when intend to stab my peers I usually wait until right after the cops show up

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

go for a stroll posted:

after calling them

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

go for a stroll posted:

it actually looks like she did wait from the video

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

while it LOOKS like a cop immediately gunned down a teenager for no reason, at further glance i think you'll (1/275)

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

after reviewing the video the only conclusion i can come to is that the black child was certainly of a murderous mind. as a leftist i bring no pleasure reporting this of course

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

petition to rename the thread to "the murder of Ma'Khia Bryant"

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
from the security camera, it looks like a perfect scenario for a guy who prays for a Good Shoot nightly

e: i'm saying this looks like something he was waiting for and knew he could get away with, not that it was right

go for a stroll has issued a correction as of 03:28 on Apr 23, 2021

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
i don't think police officers in the field should be empowered with the right to summarily execute individuals, regardless of the acts that individual is supposedly engaged in

you wanna stop someone from getting stabbed, good, get in there with your stab vest on and stgop someone from getting stabbed you loving pussy, it's your job

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

go for a stroll posted:

from the security camera, it looks like a perfect scenario for a guy who prays for a Good Shoot nightly

eagerly dreaming of the day I can tell a cop he did a extra good job

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

people are treating this kid like she was loving darth maul with a lightsaber and not a goddamn kid with a dull kitchen knife

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yinlock posted:

petition to rename the thread to "the murder of Ma'Khia Bryant"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

people are treating this kid like she was loving darth maul with a lightsaber and not a goddamn kid with a dull kitchen knife

oh yeah well i'm an expert at sharpie-fu, meet me in the wendy's parking lot and i'll get sharpie marks all over you

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Petition to rename the thread "the officer involved fatal incident starring Ma'Khia Bryant."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh what you won't meet up with a random stranger on the internet to win an argument? I guess I win quid pro quo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

like all children, i am a trained knife-thrower able to pierce a bird at 50 feet

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Yinlock posted:

eagerly dreaming of the day I can tell a cop he did a extra good job

now i don't condone cop violence, but here is several paragraphs of hypocritical bullshit and blue lives talking points justifying this particular child murder

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Dont see why the multiple cops on scene couldn't have together swarmed and tackled the girl with knife.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I hate cops as much as the next guy, but I absolutely need to let everyone on this website know in no uncertain terms that this cop was 100% justified in filling a black child with bullets.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I hate cops as much as the next guy, but I absolutely need to let everyone on this website know in no uncertain terms that this cop was 100% justified in filling a black child with bullets.

it is vitally important that this murder be perceived as good, to i guess make it up to the cops for making them face consequences one time???

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

I have like, all these opinions, man

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

it turned out this cop was a former troop right?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Zurtilik posted:

Petition to rename the thread "the officer involved fatal incident starring Ma'Khia Bryant."

Officer Involved Shooting feat. Ma'Khia Bryant

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

rabble rabble posted:

you wanna stop someone from getting stabbed, good, get in there with your stab vest on and stgop someone from getting stabbed you loving pussy, it's your job

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

a_pineapple posted:

I have like, all these opinions, man

thats just your opinion man, pretty sure you dont have poo poo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

cop here. it's a war out there. teenagers run for their lives, think you're going to shoot them. you havent seen what I've seen. 9 year olds with rocks. my friend Jim is off duty with ptsd. what is this world coming to. whom will provide for my wife whom i beat if i weren't there. buncha sickos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

have any of our octogenarian leaders thanked her for dying yet