Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Some Numbers posted:

N: Mariners held to 3 hits over 10 innings.

V: Ms beat Red Sox 7-3

This feels sustainable! Nothing will ever take this good feeling away from me no sirreee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

That's a real rabbit?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Apparently, it's a therapy rabbit.

https://twitter.com/JanieMcCAP/status/1385427390193565697

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Yankees can’t bitch about the lights anymore

https://twitter.com/ByMHarrington/status/1385394504652533762

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Giants shut out the Marlins on 2 hits, including 4 hitless innings from the pen, and have the 2nd best record in the NL

....but Longoria tweaked his hamstring, which means that all 4 of our Opening Day infielders are hurt. The depth that Zaidi has put together is about to get tested.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mariners have a positive run differential :toot:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Pussy Boss posted:

Giants shut out the Marlins on 2 hits, including 4 hitless innings from the pen, and have the 2nd best record in the NL

....but Longoria tweaked his hamstring, which means that all 4 of our Opening Day infielders are hurt. The depth that Zaidi has put together is about to get tested.

Zaidi has put together a team without any actually young or good players and it's working. It's incredibly weird and I'm waiting for a -25 run differential month

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Its Rinaldo posted:

Mariners have a positive run differential :toot:

SUSTAINABLE

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cubs broadcast inadvertently showed some PAY RIZZO signs that people brought into Wrigley.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Pat Hughes is gonna call a TV broadcast with JD this weekend and while I love me some Hughes it feels really weird that he won't be on the radio.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Sydin posted:

Pat Hughes is gonna call a TV broadcast with JD this weekend and while I love me some Hughes it feels really weird that he won't be on the radio.

He did a spring training game and was clearly not used to calling a game other people could see

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
https://twitter.com/DKramer_/status/1385398389093797895?s=20

Last night's strike zone was, uh, something

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Didn't the Mariners draw like 7 walks that game too?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Patrick Spens posted:

7 runs on 3 hits!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I've always thought that so long as the ball clips the strike zone it's a strike? There's a half dozen borderline pitches in that graphic, and then another half dozen that are obviously bad calls.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Patrick Spens posted:

They did, yes. There were a lot of obvious strikes that were called balls as well.

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1385383411553087490?s=20

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

habeasdorkus posted:

I've always thought that so long as the ball clips the strike zone it's a strike? There's a half dozen borderline pitches in that graphic, and then another half dozen that are obviously bad calls.

Borderline calls can be annoying but as long as they are consistent you can live with them but like 35% of your strikes being completely outside the zone is unconscionable

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like some umpires will call questionable pitches the opposite if either the batter or pitcher makes an assumption. Close pitch that should be ball 4 but the runner starts walking to first? It's a strike now! Borderline strike 3, and you're walking to the dugout? It's a ball now.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Did we do the Le Creuset MLB collection yet? If not, good news, you can get quality cookware for an extra premium to highlight your favorite team, which of course is one of the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, or Cubs: https://www.lecreuset.com/mlb-collection

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

elentar posted:

Did we do the Le Creuset MLB collection yet? If not, good news, you can get quality cookware for an extra premium to highlight your favorite team, which of course is one of the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, or Cubs: https://www.lecreuset.com/mlb-collection

LOL at the dodgers one being white and not dodgers blue. I get that they were trying for the sweet spot between number of fans and ease of production, but nobody has ever said "When I think dodgers I think of white".

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

elentar posted:

"Cubs" and "Dutch Oven" absolutely belong in the same sentence right now

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
$450 for a cooking pot jesus loving christ

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

I got one of the smaller Le Creuset dutch ovens as a house warming gift and it is easily the nicest kitchen item I own. But yeah they are wildly expensive.

Apr 7, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

The regular 7.25qt Le Creuset dutch ovens are $410 right now so you're just paying a $40 premium for a themed lid.

I could swear they were cheaper a year or two ago.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Popete posted:

I got one of the smaller Le Creuset dutch ovens as a house warming gift and it is easily the nicest kitchen item I own. But yeah they are wildly expensive.

its the same thing

signed, guy who has both

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

its the same thing

signed, guy who has both

Oh yeah I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives. Le Creuset is a luxury brand and you're mostly paying for the name but they still make nice dutch ovens. I'd probably never buy one if I didn't get it as a gift but it makes really nice bread!

Apr 7, 2003

Le Creuset stuff has shot up in price since I last looked, the 5.5 quart pots are $370 now. hosed up.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Popete posted:

Oh yeah I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives. Le Creuset is a luxury brand and you're mostly paying for the name but they still make nice dutch ovens. I'd probably never buy one if I didn't get it as a gift but it makes really nice bread!

Trip report: the lodge is better for bread (I do Forkish overnight or sourdough) than the creuset is; creuset is marginally better at everything else. I think maybe because the lodge is heavier/thicker iron? I'm not sure. I got it just as a way to make two loaves at once but was shocked when it made better bread.

anyway stay tuned to this channel for all your enameled cast iron cookware needs

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I got a le creuset as a wedding gift and I already had a knockoff. Enameled cast iron rules and Dutch ovens are underrated pots, but other than the color I can't tell a difference between them.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
My wife likes the Le Creuset because it is significantly lighter and easier to manage even though we use Lodge cast iron poo poo for most everything else, if you watch them real careful you can get 20-40% off.

Also yes I am still laughing about white Dodgers pot.

Apr 7, 2003

All-Clad is made in a Pittsburgh suburb so Pirates fans get a yearly 20-30% off tent sale.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I would have thought the Red Sox would be the all white one to appeal to the fanbase.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I recently tossed a Le Creuset stock pot and kettle that lasted only a few years before, on separate occasions, both pieces chunked off a fair amount of their bottom edges - while in use, which was fun to deal with. The inside of the pot had been developing a bunch of spider cracks, too. We took really good care of these things because ~*It’s Le Creuset*~ and they were wedding gifts so we were really disappointed.

Le Creuset wouldn’t replace them, so we tried to keep using the things since it was the pandemic and not like we were having any guests over. Eventually a piece the size of a golf ball came off the kettle and we decided to trash them both because they looked like poo poo, even if it was just us seeing them, and would only continue to fall apart.

Well, that’s my Le Creuset story. Maybe I got unlucky, but I’m sure as hell turned off from them forever.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It turns out the Cubs offense is actually v. good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think we passed the first date for service time fuckery because the Twins called up Kirillof and are starting him tonight.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
news:

acuna back in lineup tonight

view:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Mike Trout has a .521 OBP and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is right behind him with .513. It's so exciting to watch them both crushing the ball.

Also Joey Gallo is batting .222 with a .455 OBP, literally more walks than hits.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chamale posted:

Mike Trout has a .521 OBP and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is right behind him with .513. It's so exciting to watch them both crushing the ball.

Also Joey Gallo is batting .222 with a .455 OBP, literally more walks than hits.

Gallo has had some pretty wild at bats where you can tell he's fully committed to just taking walks if pitchers are gonna shy away from him. It's rare that I see such an immediate change in someone's plate discipline.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Chamale posted:

At first, I read that as Joey Votto and my reaction was "yeah, that tracks." Then I reread the name and my jaw dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Joey Gallo has a career 14.5% walk rate, he’s always walked a ton.