Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I would say that mr America coming out in the trump era would make it perfectly enjoyable for someone who’s not at all familiar with the OC universe. Obviously there’s a ton of context you might miss but I think it would stand well on its own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

:patriot:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Data Graham posted:

I can't believe Decker is a standalone Adult Swim show. What on earth must that be like if you have no idea.

a regular Tim and Eric show. I watched Decker first. Tried to introduce a friend using on Cinema that is into Tim and Eric and didn't like the first episode but wanted to try out Decker and I think he's up to viewing 37 of Decker without watching more than 2 episodes of on Cinema. It works perfectly fine stand alone, as long as you know Tim and Eric's work and enjoy it it takes that to the next level. (I'm 99% sure Eric has nothing to do with On Cinema, but if you told me he's done some editing I'd believe you).

Like seriously I caught it on Adult Swim, it works as an add for On Cinema because you question a few weird comments from Gregg so you look it up and see that you are in a rabbit hole.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 22, 2021

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Salt Fish posted:

I forget which episodes had this but it was so uncomfortable to watch lol

https://twitter.com/dylandyladyldyd/status/1385265557105258501

huh fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 22, 2021

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Decker works perfectly well as a stand-alone show, I'd say the only part that's baffling with zero context is agent kingston's obsession with VHS tapes

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/official-oscar-special-guest-list-revealed/

Looks like a pretty notable absence on the Oscar special guest list... I guess we still never found Mark

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

ALFbrot posted:

Looks like a pretty notable absence on the Oscar special guest list... I guess we still never found Mark

quote:

Mister Movies Himself, Axiom.
Axiom rocks, but also knows so much about movies and will help us understand “who’s going to win and who’s gong to lose” 

Manual
He joins us as well.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gregg isn't on the guest list. Does that mean he's finally a co-host?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

ALFbrot posted:

oooh I'm glad the Tim flirting inappropriately with Pastor Lewis storyline is going to keep going

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Gregg isn't on the guest list. Does that mean he's finally a co-host?

toni is co-host, well deserved imo

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Where is the expertise??

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Mr. Movies is right there. The bigger question is where's Muncher?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Going back a bit, I agree that Mister America and Decker are probably more approachable to newcomers than any random episode of On Cinema. Decker is pretty clear as a cheap 24 parody and Mr. America is at its heart a political/true crime mockumentary. If anything, I think Decker probably has a wider appeal than Tom Goes to the Mayor or Awesome Show.

Yeah, real good read. I didn't know that Justin Gaynor is the one who designed the HEI site. And good to know there might be music videos and ebooks through it.

That reminds me, I never read the Decker ebook.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

My favorite On Cinema humor is the subtle stuff that might not even register as humor if you're not familiar.
Like when Gregg describes his concept for a commercial that would promote both Christmas and The Hobbit and it's just this complete nothing of an idea but he seems so proud of it.

It's hard to explain why it's so funny unless you already have some investment in the show and its characters.

Libra fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 22, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

One of my favorite bits is how annoyed Gregg gets everytime Tim tries to give a movie 6 bags.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I love how verbally absusive Tim is. He's got an absolutely artful use of "shut up."

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I dont follow this show much, but the raw antichemistry Tim & Gregg provide is genuinely a great feat of acting.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Another Bill posted:

One of my favorite bits is how annoyed Gregg gets everytime Tim tries to give a movie 6 bags.

its extra funny because the first movie to get six bags was the hobbit, and greg didn't have a problem with it then

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i just wish tim would be nicer to joe, the one person who truly does not deserve any of his ire

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

joe estevez is the heart and soul of on cinema :)

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Joe Money Estevez is a true king

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was rewatching last year's Oscar Special and at points Tim had real ageing Charles Foster Kane energy.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Another Bill posted:

oooh I'm glad the Tim flirting inappropriately with Pastor Lewis storyline is going to keep going

There's nothing inappropriate in wanting to form a closer spiritual connection with your local clergy

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I love the dark-but-true oscar trivia questions. Underrated

e: perfect phone call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCowInr2d0s&t=4170s

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 23, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Thanks for reminding me to put some bubbly in the fridge

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1385418228420120578?s=19

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Lol I love how tim is a cop worshipper and gregg is lowkey a cop

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Another Bill posted:

Thanks for reminding me to put some bubbly in the fridge

just make sure it's organic so there's no alcohol in it

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Libra posted:

My favorite On Cinema humor is the subtle stuff that might not even register as humor if you're not familiar.
Like when Gregg describes his concept for a commercial that would promote both Christmas and The Hobbit and it's just this complete nothing of an idea but he seems so proud of it.

It's hard to explain why it's so funny unless you already have some investment in the show and its characters.

Gregg is amazing if you have ever known someone with an autism spectrum disorder or otherwise just poorly socialized. Maybe there’s some deep trauma from his childhood where watching VHS tapes was his only respite. My brain ridicules his dumb, poorly executed ideas but my heart is full of pity for a guy who really just loves watching a movie (hence why runtime is so important). Maybe it’s the only way he can figure out how to be around other people :unsmith:

He also tried to murder Tim’s entire wedding reception, though, so I now get my expertise from Mister Movies Himself, Axiom :hai:

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE
Gregg’s going rogue!

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1385625888864182273?s=20

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Where do we watch this one?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Poor joe, always the peacekeeper and always getting pulled in both directions. Rewatching Oscer 8 I had forgotten how he was finally being a little skeptical and even prickly to tim. Love you joe my Favorite President

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Thank god, a real stream for movie buffs. Racking my brain to think what great movie character will host the show.

It IS the 52nd anniversary of the Clint Eastwood classic "Paint Your Wagon" (164 minutes)! Maybe Gregg will host dressed as Lee Marvin's Ben Rumson character.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

maybe it'll be muncher

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Does time slightly warp around Victorville ("4:46 V.F.T")

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Ingmar terdman posted:

That's Gregg's new timezone for just the VFA, it's one minute ahead of Pacific Time.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ingmar terdman posted:

You missed Gregg's announcement of a new time system based around the VFA. If you need help there's a handy converter here:

https://vfa.expert/victorville-film-time-converter.html

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

You missed Gregg's announcement of a new time system based around the VFA. If you need help there's a handy converter here:

https://vfa.expert/victorville-film-time-converter.html

Flying Zamboni posted:

That's Gregg's new timezone for just the VFA, it's one minute ahead of Pacific Time.

Irl lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i think the backstory to that was that the clock in the theater was a minute off, and he couldn't fix it, so in order for movie heads across the globe to tune in properly with the victorville screenings they would have to account for that time difference