Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The only Disney guy I've ever met was an extremely good looking and in-shape guy that I worked with. He'd gone on multiple pilgrimages (my word not his) to Disneyland/world and had more planned, and his house was just full of disney crap. Haven't met any others since, so based on my experience Disney guys are very hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Protestant hajj

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I liked moneyball

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I have Disney people in my extended family. They're rich MAGA types. When I was a kid they always gave me the most interesting gifts, but when I got older I realized they just did a lot of shopping in airports.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The only Disney guy I've ever met was an extremely good looking and in-shape guy that I worked with. He'd gone on multiple pilgrimages (my word not his) to Disneyland/world and had more planned, and his house was just full of disney crap. Haven't met any others since, so based on my experience Disney guys are very hot.

a lot of the weird disney dapper day* freaks aren't bad to look at imho

*circumventing disney park rules against guests wearing costumes by just making very chic ensembles based on disney characters

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
The only Disney Guy I like is the Defunctland guy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if dating apps are to be believed there are a lot of cute 20something Disney Guy ladies. they also love Harry Potter, The Office, and are fluent in sarcasm

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

if dating apps are to be believed there are a lot of cute 20something Disney Guy ladies. they also love Harry Potter, The Office, and are fluent in sarcasm

No thank you

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
yeah not all of us wanna get Midsommared dude

although if you got any numbers send them my way

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Dr. Killjoy posted:

yeah not all of us wanna get Midsommared dude

although if you got any numbers send them my way

they say beggars can't be choosers but in those cases I choose celibacy

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The new Broly movie was good. And it got rid of the idiotic 'Went insane from listening to a baby cry despite being one day old' origin from the original movie.

It was good as hell imo

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

Yes please

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

indigi posted:

yes it can

ok

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

indigi posted:

Honestly that's the cishet woman's version of having a picture of a fish in your profile

but society isn't ready for that conversation yet

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

indigi posted:

looking for the jim to my pam :swoon:

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

The correct 2011 choice is The Grey

It is a slow thinkpiece about winter, feelings of ennui and Liam Neeson fist fighting a wolf

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I haven't watched it yet cause why would I want to see the status quo triumph over people fighting against being ethnically cleansed, but jesus christ that's insidious

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

KomradeX posted:

I haven't watched it yet cause why would I want to see the status quo triumph over people fighting against being ethnically cleansed, but jesus christ that's insidious

The entire show was 3rd way liberalism is the only way to save the world. It is absolute propaganda. Check put BSS for some laughs. I understand soy face because of that loving forum.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Unoriginal Name posted:

The correct 2011 choice is The Grey

It is a slow thinkpiece about winter, feelings of ennui and Liam Neeson fist fighting a wolf

Great movie about how you can't outrun death and have to turn and face it. Lot of people got mad that they couldn't understand the metaphor

Also I think that's the first solid role frank grillo had, but can't remember if warrior came out earlier. Nearly everything hes in is a good watch

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

The entire show was 3rd way liberalism is the only way to save the world. It is absolute propaganda. Check put BSS for some laughs. I understand soy face because of that loving forum.

I shudder to think about what they're posting. F&TWS has to be some of the missy insidious propaganda recently. Nesting small subtle poo poo in like that in between condemnations of America's past racist actions to give the appearance that its saying something, while saying nothing but to just stand still and let violence happen to you because resistance is evil.

One of the most laughable throw away lines was that scientist that reinvented and improved the Super Solider Serum was the CIA giving up on the project after the Blip, the most unrealistic part of that whole show was that one sentence.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

lol

quote:

MCU Zemo is a good villain cause he's absolutely right about everything he says, and through a lens of absolutism, every thing he's done is totally justifiable. Yes he bombed the UN, but it was the only way to get rid of the Avengers, who are a much greater threat and have done more damage and caused more death (if you believe what Zemo does) than one bomb, so it's worth the cost.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Spent the last few days binge watching all of Search Party. Overall really enjoyed it for the most part, though I didn’t love S3 as much. The balance of humor and drama was real off and felt way more dumb.

I didn’t vibe with the S4 finale doing a variation of a “It was all a dream”, but after reading the plans for S5 it makes sense and I’m excited to see where they go.

I do hope they revisit the April/June saga because the way it was “resolved” in S3 was dumb af IMO.

The roundabout chase in one of the last episodes was legit one of the funniest things I’ve seen

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yeah zemo was and still is the hero of the show and cap 3.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

KomradeX posted:

I shudder to think about what they're posting. F&TWS has to be some of the missy insidious propaganda recently. Nesting small subtle poo poo in like that in between condemnations of America's past racist actions to give the appearance that its saying something, while saying nothing but to just stand still and let violence happen to you because resistance is evil.

One of the most laughable throw away lines was that scientist that reinvented and improved the Super Solider Serum was the CIA giving up on the project after the Blip, the most unrealistic part of that whole show was that one sentence.

Yeah the world is falling apart post endgame because the world is unable to support both the people that were blipped and the people that were left behind. The solution that was found is to force evict the people left behind and give back homes, business, and material goods to those who blipped and return everything to status quo.

The powers that be are committing global genocides to return everything to preblip days. When taken with the knowledge that at one point the show was supposed to have a plague that was ravaging refugee camps, but this made the flagsmashers too sympathetic because of the world we live in all of this falls into place.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

this is too dangerous to leave unprobed

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
thanks mom and dad.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

uber_stoat posted:

thanks mom and dad.

I'm having ptsd flashbacks to those videos of the original GG rolling around in his poop

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtE-4gLRynM

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
madtv always seemed like the white trash version of snl to me while i was growing up, is that an accurate impression

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
hey that mortal kombat movie sucked and i bet they're glad it went straight to streaming (essentially)

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

madtv always seemed like the white trash version of snl to me while i was growing up, is that an accurate impression

yeah it was funny

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

yes its better than snl

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

It's not that madtv was super good or anything but that snl is godawful and has been hyped up as some great worthwhile institution when it was always garbage

Like let's think of the really great impactful skits that have stood the test of time.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KomradeX posted:

also sam's only powers come from the suit that was handed out to him and the shield that was handed out to him. just atrocious.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Bootleg Trunks posted:

It's not that madtv was super good or anything but that snl is godawful and has been hyped up as some great worthwhile institution when it was always garbage

Like let's think of the really great impactful skits that have stood the test of time.

In retrospect, I have found this to be true.

MadTV wasn't perfect, but it banged out some pretty amazing sketches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuOOy3qlV9Q

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Bootleg Trunks posted:

t madtv was super good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Godzilla vs. Kong ruled.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

the best comedy is always at least a little trashy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNn0cCpkMWo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Falcon and Winter Soldier just descended into a West Wing monologue at the end:

quote:

AYLA: Sam, thank you so much, from all of us.

SENATOR: Sincerely. You did your part in dealing with those terrorists, now we'll do ours.

SAM: Are you still going forward with resetting the borders?

AYLA: Our peacekeeping troops will begin relocating people soon. The terrorists only set us back a bit.

SAM: Stop calling them terrorists.

SENATOR: What else would we call them?

SAM: Your peacekeeping troops carrying weapons are forcing millions of people into settlements around the world, right? What do you think those people are gonna call you?

These labels, "terrorists," "refugee," "thug," they're often used to get around the question, why?

LACONT: Those settlements that happened five years ago, do you think it is fair for governments to have to support them?

SAM: Yes.

SENATOR: And the people who reappeared only to find someone else living in their family home, they just end up homeless? Look, I get it. But you have no idea how complicated this situation is.

SAM: You know what? You're right. And that's a good thing. We finally have a common struggle now. Think about that. For once, all the people who've been begging, and I mean, literally begging for you to feel how hard any given day is...

Now you know. How did it feel to be helpless? Now if you could remember what it was like to be helpless and face a force so powerful it could erase half the planet, you would know that you're about to have the exact same impact.

This isn't about easy decisions, Senator.

SENATOR: You don't understand.

SAM: [SCOFFS] I'm a Black man carrying the stars and stripes. What don't I understand? Every time I pick this thing up, I know there are millions of people who are gonna hate me for it.

Even now, here... I feel it. The stares, the judgment. And there's nothin' I can do to change it. Yet, I'm still here.

No super serum, no blond hair, or blue eyes. The only power I have is that I believe we can do better.

We can't demand that people step up if we don't meet them halfway.

Look, you control the banks. poo poo, you can move borders! You can knock down a forest with an email, you can feed a million people with a phone call.

But the question is, who's in the room when you make those decisions?

Hmm? Is it the people you're gonna impact?

Or is it just more people like you?

I mean, this girl died trying to stop you, and no one has stopped for one second to ask why.

You've gotta do better, Senator. You've gotta step up. Because if you don't, the next Karli will.

And you don't wanna see 2.0.

People believed in her cause so much that they helped her defy the strongest governments in the world. Why do you think that is?

Look, you people have just as much power as an insane god or a misguided teenager.

The question you have to ask yourself is, "How are you going to use it?"

and then it ends with "the GRC was so moved by Blacktain America's speech that they dropped all of their plans for global ethnic cleansing and apparently worked out a deal that both doesn't do that and also works"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLmSAnoR6g