Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

CPL593H posted:

Boooooooo. I don't have and can't afford all the fancy pants bullshit to watch this.

Best Buy credit card my friend. 12 month no interest financing. There should be a decent sale for Memorial Day weekend as well. Yeah, Best Buy kinda sucks but that credit card has saved me so much on my major electronics and appliances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

feedmyleg posted:

Then just go into debt :confused:

Liar Lyre posted:

Best Buy credit card my friend. 12 month no interest financing. There should be a decent sale for Memorial Day weekend as well. Yeah, Best Buy kinda sucks but that credit card has saved me so much on my major electronics and appliances.

Don't finance a freaking TV :argh:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I feel like opening up a credit card and spending hundreds of dollars I don't have so the movie can look pretty is a bad idea.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/secondsightfilm/status/1385597132426596353?s=21

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

CPL593H posted:

I feel like opening up a credit card and spending hundreds of dollars I don't have so the movie can look pretty is a bad idea.

It is. I despise debt. Don't buy things you can't afford.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I use 0% financing fairly often to pay for stuff I can afford but would rather spread the expense over X months instead of all at once. Like yeah I could buy that $600 whatever right now, but if the retailer is offering to let me pay for it $60 at a time over 10 months, I’m not gonna say no.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Xenomrph posted:

I use 0% financing fairly often to pay for stuff I can afford but would rather spread the expense over X months instead of all at once. Like yeah I could buy that $600 whatever right now, but if the retailer is offering to let me pay for it $60 at a time over 10 months, I’m not gonna say no.

The way I see it is, 100% of the people who do the x months 0 interest thing have full intention of paying it off in time, but obviously not all of them do. These offers are huge money makers for the banks because they know the failure rate is significant. I personally don't even want to take the risk.

Amaritudo
Jul 5, 2003

The Bitter Timelord

Xenomrph posted:

I'm sure a lot of people had the same idea until they lost their jobs mid-2020 thanks to COVID.

poo poo happens. Don't finance a TV.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Spatulater bro! posted:

The way I see it is, 100% of the people who do the x months 0 interest thing have full intention of paying it off in time, but obviously not all of them do. These offers are huge money makers for the banks because they know the failure rate is significant. I personally don't even want to take the risk.

Eh. Best Buy’s terms are p easy: pay on-time every month, pay off by last month. Otherwise you are hit w interest for whole transaction. But if you just make it another line on the monthly budget, then it’s Gucci. I financed both of my Home Theater upgrades in the last decade.

Also, BBY frequently does 24 month, no interest a lot for home theater as well. I always liked the 0% financing because I could grab things without taking a big hit to my savings at once.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This thread is in danger of turning into TCC (e: the old version)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gonna slam the pre-order button on Black Cauldron right after posting this. My wife is a huge fan, and bought the Apple II game a few weeks ago.

$24.95 "normal" price, [smember price $9.98.[/s]
Was $25 when I added it to my cart.

IUG fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 24, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Oops bad reading comprehension. I misread that and thought it mean it was going to be 4K only. Right now the copy of the movie I have is the ancient Anchor Bay DVD that's only slightly better than a VHS tape. Anyway I'm pretty hyped about this because I've been whining about that movie getting a blu-ray for years and years. Arrow was supposed to do it a long time ago and for reasons I can't remember they couldn't. There's a Japanese blu-ray but it's crazy expensive.

Xenomrph posted:

I have no credit history so I have no idea if I'd even qualify for a card. But even if I did I have terrible spending habits and that would probably be like giving a monkey a machine gun. There are a variety of reasons it's a no-go for me. And really in the grand scheme of things I don't need any of that poo poo to begin with, I have aneough poo poo as it is. I'm sure 4K discs look pretty or whatever but blu-ray is fine and this comes back to what I'm always saying about chasing the dragon.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

still Region B though, might as well not even include the blu-ray for NA viewers :cry:

tonights viewing is now decided

dorium fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 24, 2021

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

dorium posted:

still Region B though, might as well not even include the blu-ray for NA viewers :cry:

tonights viewing is now decided

Buy a region free player and join us.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I'm super jealous of everyone who has their UHD already. My copy isn't due to arrive until Thursday.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

VoodooXT posted:

Buy a region free player and join us.

maybe. I need to get a root canal done next month so im holding off on big purchases for at least a month and a half to take care of that and other bills coming up.
it has been discussed before in my mind.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

ultraviolence123 posted:

I'm super jealous of everyone who has their UHD already. My copy isn't due to arrive until Thursday.

Mine might arrive tomorrow, but yeah I'm envious of everyone who's gotten theirs. Gonna watch For a Few Dollars More tonight to tide me over.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

IUG posted:

Gonna slam the pre-order button on Black Cauldron right after posting this. My wife is a huge fan, and bought the Apple II game a few weeks ago.

$24.95 "normal" price, [smember price $9.98.[/s]
Was $25 when I added it to my cart.

The Black Cauldron would be so much better if it were re-dubbed. The Audio book has everyone speaking with a Welsh accent and it works so much better.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Vagabundo posted:

I feel like I’m the only person in the world that hated that movie.

That loving kid.

It's a classic LGBTQ movie

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Maxwell Lord posted:

This thread is in danger of turning into TCC (e: the old version)

hey everyone what’s the best way to plug a slipcover?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Nihonniboku posted:

Speaking of LGBTQ classics, I hope Paris is Burning gets a Region B release.

Also that kid is loving awful, I don't care how gay he is.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
For the record, I was definitely not seriously suggesting going into debt for a TV.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Or were you! :pseudo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMz8azB-y1k

We need this in 4K

dorium fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 24, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

This checks out. I was raised by a widow and am extremely depressed with no hope of that ever changing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

PeterCat posted:

The Black Cauldron would be so much better if it were re-dubbed. The Audio book has everyone speaking with a Welsh accent and it works so much better.

yeah well name an animated movie that wouldn't be improved by everyone having a Welsh accent.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

blu-ray.com posted:

Update 2021-04-24:

Apologies for the redirect to Communities.com (that many got) due to an incorrect SSL certificate (we've been too busy to fix this properly until now). Basically everything has needed upgrading and compatibility fixing: OS, kernel, modules, specific hardware, php, nginx, mysql, vBulletin. When all is fixed and site back online we will setup a proper powerful mirror so the site can be switched over immediately without downtime like this. This is by far the longest downtime we've had since the site went online 2003 and not ok :(

I'm not a network engineer (though I am a web developer), but I've never heard of an incorrect SSL cert causing a redirect to a completely different domain.

But hey at least they'll be back up soon.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Gripweed posted:

yeah well name an animated movie that wouldn't be improved by everyone having a Welsh accent.

Touche.

The books were based on Welsh mythology.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Some $15 UHD Steelbooks at BBY.com.

War of the Worlds, District 9 are some of the standouts. But they’ve also got Grease and Forrest Gump. About 6 or 7 total!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Boywhiz88 posted:

Some $15 UHD Steelbooks at BBY.com.

War of the Worlds, District 9 are some of the standouts. But they’ve also got Grease and Forrest Gump. About 6 or 7 total!

Thanks for the tip, I grabbed Christine, Bumblebee, and District 9.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Bluray.com is back

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Basebf555 posted:

Bluray.com is back

I’m getting 502 Bad Gateway

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
It was back!

Looks like the front page is there but anything past that is hit or miss.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I still get directed to that communities site.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

"Update 2021-04-25:
Site was up for 15min but needed to be taken down for some one-time performance heavy tasks. Will be up again in 1-2h."

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Working for me, finally get to look at what's good for showing off a new TV and player! I've already got spiderverse and godzilla '14, 1917 is in the cart and shining is on the way!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It seems it's just the main page that is still redirecting to communities for me. Everything else seems fine.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

It’s back! On my iPad at least, which didn’t ever get pushed to communities.com (WTF w that btw)

Oh how I missed it.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Thank God, I almost bought a second copy of Bull Durham last weekend.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm looking forward to Shout Factory's upcoming release of King Kong(1976). Apparently there's an extended cut that was only aired once on television with like almost an hour of additional footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Happy for blu-ray.com to be back up so I can once again experience such hard whiplash from 4k announcement listings like this.