Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J991KIyenEc

I'm not really into Pokémon games but I loved the original Snap on N64. I think wildlife photography is an awesome game concept and I am excited to see what weird secrets this one has. In the N64 game, Oak was kind of an rear end in a top hat judge so I'm hoping the new guy is more lenient with his standards.

It comes out a week from today!

On a side note, I would like to apologize to the Pokémon community for misspelling "Pokémon" in the title. I tried to include the punctuation, but the forum said it was an invalid character. Please do not take it as an attack against Nintendo, GameFreak, the Pokémon Company, Bandai Namco, or the millions of Pokémon fans around the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I didn't get sword or shield but I do want this, definitely can't afford it for a while though. played the hell out of the original

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I haven’t bought a Pokémon game since Black but I’m on the fence with this. I got the first one for Christmas ’99 and I replayed the hell out of it but I dunno if it has enough content to warrant $60...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the n64 game had like an hour of content, there’s no way i’m falling for that again

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

the n64 game had like an hour of content, there’s no way i’m falling for that again

Yeah I doubt it's going to last that long. Maybe 8 hours if we're lucky? I prefer short games but I definitely know I'm overpaying. I just wanted something new on the Switch and I figured it wouldn't ever go on sale.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

it was short but it was exploding with charm and good music/presentation. in that gameplay the pokemon were just kind of wandering around randomly and the music sucked

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I shouldnt be so crabby about it, sixty bucks to hang out with my favorite pokemon is reasonable. hopefully it’s sick

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

HolePisser1982 posted:

Congrats on playing the game wrong idiot. :rolleyes:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh? You unlocked all the secret paths in an hour? Really now?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my wife's grandmother has a working N64 in her basement with pokemon snap and my two year old could actually sort of play it? he really liked seeing all the fun pokemon, anyway. might pick this up just for his pre-supper gaming half hour

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

American McGay posted:

Oh? You unlocked all the secret paths in an hour? Really now?

whipping a billion fuckin Pester Balls at your dome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's kind of nuts that this thing is real. everyone was certain there was gonna be a pokemon snap 2 with gold/silver pokemon. and oh they missed the boat, surely the gamecube will get it. well, the gamecube flopped so it's understandable, with the success of the wii, they would be FOOLS not to make pokemon snap 2. oh my god, the wiiu literally was designed to be a pokemon snap machine, it'll be one of the first big games they announce,

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The first one is basically a really unique puzzle game. It will be interesting to see if they're able to recreate that sort of feel.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Evil Eagle posted:

I didn't get sword or shield but I do want this, definitely can't afford it for a while though. played the hell out of the original

i hadnt played pokemon since sapphire and sword and shield ended up being realy fun For me. i recommend it

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

i heard if u've palyed every generation of pokemon games sword and shield sucks, but if u havent touched the franchise for like 15 years (me) it was a blast

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

going to blockbuster to rent pokémon snap for the weekend and then printing out all the neat pictures i took when i return it to share with my buds. good times ahead, friends.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

insane anime posted:

i heard if u've palyed every generation of pokemon games sword and shield sucks, but if u havent touched the franchise for like 15 years (me) it was a blast

I'm in the first boat

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

insane anime posted:

yeah a lot of frustration is that gamefreak abandons a lot of well received mechanics (real loving bitter about mega evolution being dropped in lieu of gigantamax) from one game to the other so going in on blind is a different experience

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

it was short but it was exploding with charm and good music/presentation. in that gameplay the pokemon were just kind of wandering around randomly and the music sucked

Idk how many areas this one has but they all have a night version/a bunch of side routes and the pokemon behavior changes depending on your "research level" for each area. This overview trailer makes the game look very appealing to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2f-ivvGw0U

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The photo editing stuff looks fun and if I'm remembering correctly there are like weekly themed contests and stuff where you can upload photos and have people vote on them? Idk, could use confirmation on whether I just dreamed that or what. But if it's true there's probably some fun content there for the creative Imp. I'm looking forward to checking it out eventually but I think I have too much gaming on my plate right now to pick it up next week

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Good game

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gameplay is really great but I cannot skip through all the “story” fast enough

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

as soon as the rival kid or whoever showed up i groaned.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

insane anime posted:

oh poo poo i'm firmly in the latter boat, nothing since sapphire. i was kind of excited for it until i heard ppl complaining about it. if its just old 3ds mechanics or w/e going away then i am definitely going to buy it.

new pokemon snap is really good btw. i was a little worried it'd lose some charm with the extra 600 pokemon i've never seen before but no, it's still great

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

oh poo poo i'm firmly in the latter boat, nothing since sapphire. i was kind of excited for it until i heard ppl complaining about it. if its just old 3ds mechanics or w/e going away then i am definitely going to buy it.

people complained because its basically just a slightly better looking 3ds game, still all the same animations and stuff and they cut a bunch of pokemon to be added back with dlc. so if you haven't played the 3ds games you won't care but if you have you might be disappointed in how it looks and plays

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

todd got hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

GameCube posted:

todd got hot

this!!!