Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Dogs with only 1 name are missing out for sure. My fam had several dogs but my favorites were the 2 dachshunds & the fat Rottweiler we had growing up. The rottie was Bertha aka Bertha butt or fart machine, 1st dachshund was Satin aka Satan or anklebiter & the last wiener dog was Precious aka stinky spaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

When mom went to bed, she followed and jumped up on the bed with her and curled up in a ball, despite apparently not doing that at her foster place. It's like she was meant to be here. I'm so happy we were able to get her.

Dogs are literally the best :3: I wish I could have a dog where I live but I’ll have to live vicariously through those with puppers

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Captain Invictus posted:

So I was thinking we would go with Noah for Nibbles's new name, but mom doesn't like it(because "but that's a boy's name!"). She gave me a list of names she came up with that she likes, but I still want to call her Noah, it started out as a joke but honestly it fits and she just kinda "feels" like a Noah. She even already responds to it when I call it out.

Have you ever had disagreements on what to name a dog, and if so, how did you come to an agreement?

Call your dog Noah

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Lando: Lambo, Lambobo, Moose, King Dingus, Mr. Puppy, Wigglebutt, Meandersaurus, etc

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Luca, Luca schnooka, schnoofles, schnoof, buddy, snuffles, floofy, etc

:luca:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Ellie: Ells, Ellie-belly, Ellie-bells, bells, fluff-puff

Jade: Jadey-jade, honeygirl, wigglebutt, The Queen

Tarkus: buddy, eyebrows, big guy, fuzzybutt

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Little Bit, bit, bitty, little poo poo, bud

Dapper, dap, dapples, napples

I have some strong names for the next one.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Leeloo, Leeloo Dallas Multipets, Luna Fluffgood, Her Royal Floofiness

Lemmy, Lemmynator, Jackass (when he pretends not to hear), Mr Floofypants

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Rosie, rose, dip, sweetie, shithead

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Welcome to Noah, and any other name she goes by.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
My golden Maggie answers to Mags, Moogles, Mae, Goof, and hoon.

My daughter's dog Bruno answers to Bru, Bruboy, Brubear, Brubaker, Bear, and hoon.

My old shepherd mix Dexter answered to Dex, Bear, Dork, and Dorkster.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My dog responds to the word “corgi” as much as he does his name because everyone that sees him says something like “oh a corgi!”

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Butt tuck spin cycle in effect

The back end has more horsepower than the front end.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just gotta make sure the aero is in check so it doesn't fly away^^

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:luca:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Gulliver: Gully, Gulliverius the 19th, Sir, Fatty Brisket

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Omg

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Did some off-leash on a sandbar in a creek nearby, he absolutely loved it.

https://youtu.be/czltLiuzmII

Oh and this is how he prefers to ride in the car on the way back from walks/hikes when he’s tired.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 23, 2021

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

So those are some nice photos of Pongo but I’m sure that the rest of the thread would agree with me in saying that I’m not fully convinced that he’s a good boy enjoying his best life. Posting more pictures of Pongo would go a long way toward helping convince me. Like, as many pictures of Pongo as possible would probably be a good start.

:3:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

So those are some nice photos of Pongo but I’m sure that the rest of the thread would agree with me in saying that I’m not fully convinced that he’s a good boy enjoying his best life. Posting more pictures of Pongo would go a long way toward helping convince me. Like, as many pictures of Pongo as possible would probably be a good start.

:3:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

devmd01 posted:

Oh and this is how he prefers to ride in the car on the way back from walks/hikes when he’s tired.

My dogs always try to climb up front, and I drive a stick shift so that's not really bueno. I haven't found an actual product that I like / is worth the money to keep them in the back, so I've just started using my crash pad for bouldering and it actually works amazingly for my purposes. Squeegee likes to do a similar thing;

obligatory "dont take pictures while driving" the highway was deserted and it takes as much effort to double-tap the power button and snap a quick pic as it does to change the radio station or climate controls IMO :shrug:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Met the most beautiful doggie at the next door neighbors, they had a friend over on the driveway. She was a rescue a few days ago and is just getting used to people. :3:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Juniper, AKA: Junipet, Margo, Jupiter, Creeper, Bongos, Juni, Junio, June Bug, et al.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Post juniper

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Post Luca

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Lookit those good goddamn triangles

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Luca is :luca:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/El_Gustache/status/1384546030813728768?s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

She is so good

Hey everyone post your majestic dogs and couch potatoes

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

2 in 1!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

She is so good

Hey everyone post your majestic dogs and couch potatoes

More like a couch dorito, TBH.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wingnut Ninja posted:

More like a couch dorito, TBH.

Im so glad I didn't make a dorito joke earlier, this is perfect.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

I don't care, let's do whatever you want to do. Walkies, treats, scritches, all three? I'm in.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fZErvPvaFg

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I had a dream involving a cat, all i remember is seeing this iridescent white cat, i squat down to pet it and i talk like a new yorker about how this cat can take a pet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gentle Leader trip report: Noa hates it so so much and tries to get it off constantly, occasionally succeeding thanks to her impressively rubbery schnoz, and the moment she got it off her nose she booked it for a squirrel and pulled really hard on the leash itself now that she was unrestrained. Second try I tightened it as much as reasonably possible, but she still almost got it off. that said, it works exactly as intended, even if she hates it for now, so hopefully she gets used to it.

also I am unsure how one creature can poop so much. she shits like a horse, pooping like 2 pounds and then right after I took her for a walk around the neighborhood to get some exercise and halfway through she pooped another 2 pounds. I guess if this means she sheds all that extra weight quicker I'm all for it but man that's a lotta poop, my previous dog who was 2/3 her size pooped maybe a third as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop