Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
just playing hades now. quite addictive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Haydee is also quite addictive

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

haydee looks like horny portal.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
friday night baby, time to jame

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

all the memes make me think that hades probably sucks badly

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

it doesn't

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

nah it extremely whips

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
still waiting for a release on something I own :unsmith:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

don't you have a computer

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
maybe he only has a linux computer

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you can play without sound

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hades is pretty good but i don't understand the tremendous love for it

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I felt like the story reactivity stuff was way better than the actual game part which was just a so-so isometric roguelite

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the peeps who like games to be good lookin seldom even look at rogulikes for great reason. so it feels fresh and new to those peeps yet absurdly polished cuz its just a roguelike

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i usually just bounce off roguelikes, but the mechanics of hades (actual gameplay + how dying/restarting blend together so well) make it stand out to me. i didn't even particularly get into earlier games from supergiant, either (though they always looked great and had lovely soundtracks)

plus it's pretty horny and has a lot of good jokes material

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the peeps who like games to be good lookin seldom even look at rogulikes for great reason. so it feels fresh and new to those peeps yet absurdly polished cuz its just a roguelike

having played lots of roguelikes this isn't the case at all

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
prey: mooncrash is another great roguelike that made me embrace the genre more

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

psiox posted:

plus it has a lot of good jokes material

i've seen zero proof of this

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i've seen zero proof of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcaifWhGpMo

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

these are my three girlfriends, and yes, they smoke weed

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

it's very well done in every respect - looks beautiful, sounds great, writing is interesting and full of character, and the action is compelling, and it is a game you really can get better at. if you don't like isometric action games that's one thing but I don't know what standard you're holding it to if it's not good enough for you

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Truman Peyote posted:

it's very well done in every respect - looks beautiful, sounds great, writing is interesting and full of character, and the action is compelling, and it is a game you really can get better at. if you don't like isometric action games that's one thing but I don't know what standard you're holding it to if it's not good enough for you

The reason I think it's just okay is that its procedural elements aren't very meaty, its basically a roguelite for people that aren't into roguelites

I'm not super into the story in games so that element of it is somewhat wasted on me

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fiancee is away, dog doesn't want to do anything this afternoon, lookin like papas gonna do some gameing

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
The gameplay is just not very deep. It's a fun experience and the presentation is top notch but as a game it's not particularly special.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

bastion plus randomization and refinement is what did it for me, normally i don't go for that sort of top down battle game anymore but they got me on that combo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

isometric tends to gel with me. though i guess more in the vein of pillars of eternity 2 than hades, still good times had

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

maybe its that i moved away from them a long time ago and coming back these felt fresh. i know i've probably overlooked a bunch of great games in the interim

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

I felt like the story reactivity stuff was way better than the actual game part which was just a so-so isometric roguelite

Truman Peyote posted:

i like some isometric action games; i liked bastion and transistor well enough to finish them. i put a lot of hours into diablo 3. but im with toot boot - the actual action-y part of hades is just kinda whatever. the way dying works, and characters, and story and all that are indeed great but the core action mechanics are just ok. it's not that i don't like that game nor that it isn't meeting some standard i have set, it's just not that fun for me :shrug:

monster hunter's really fun though. i have a dog and he helps me hunt monsters. today i hunted a tobi-kadachi and a pukei-pukei. might hunt some more after little jones goes to bed

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I went to turn in a quest in FO76 and a low-level player was there talking to the robot first, so I sits down on a nearby couch to wait (I could probably have also activated the bot at the same time but its fun to roleplay these things)

The other guy finishes up, turns and runs past my seated character, stops - and you can see them think wait what - and turns around to come inspect me. I stand up and he jumps back and unloads a round at me.

Everyone else in the game seems to be dressed as a Mad Max style raider, meanwhile this is me:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

literally the first good thing i've seen from fo76

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
heh in the first release of the division you did actually have to wait, there were computers that could only be used by one player at a time. also you could collide with other players and get blocked

players would form long lines going out the door to use a certain computer required for the tutorial

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've long accepted that the division and its sequel are some kind of twisted social commentary from the future

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

woops there's a non-ragged / clean version of the Clown Suit & Hat out there, that's my next quest sorted then

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Clean_clown_outfit

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I went to turn in a quest in FO76 and a low-level player was there talking to the robot first, so I sits down on a nearby couch to wait (I could probably have also activated the bot at the same time but its fun to roleplay these things)

The other guy finishes up, turns and runs past my seated character, stops - and you can see them think wait what - and turns around to come inspect me. I stand up and he jumps back and unloads a round at me.

Everyone else in the game seems to be dressed as a Mad Max style raider, meanwhile this is me:

Fond memories of role-playing the/a Pint-Sized Killer.

e: Slasher, whatever

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 24, 2021

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

nice hat

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

nice! personally i've played as the phantom space man for a while

the thing i like is players making gimmick camps and leaning into some aspect of the game, or make something themed by finding some glitch in the camp system. i've seen a few shopkeeps, roadside diners, and town squares

personally i made a roadside attraction camp a long time ago overlooking whitespring before foundation was there (drat neighbors!) and when they add alternate camp builds i'll probably remake it to look more refined and rounded off if the engine tricks area still available. it uses a smoke machine and has a little galleria with a bar under the show stage and powered by a fusion reactor roof

right now it has a pretty great dinner show if the bombs are fresh

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
finally got past a soldier level i was stuck on in hotline miami 2. i am not loving the soldier levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

dioxazine posted:

i've long accepted that the division and its sequel are some kind of twisted social commentary from the future

I got a copy free with a Samsung ssd and never got past the first 5 mins because of all the queuing

Kenny Logins posted:

finally got past a soldier level i was stuck on in hotline miami 2. i am not loving the soldier levels

Haha I think I remember that one. offscreen snipers or some bs like that?