Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

amelia was the difficulty wall i ended up stopping at, mostly because that was the point at which i couldn't game without being interrupted pretty constantly, even at night. my kids are probably old enough that i could give it another go, but i feel like i'd have to start over from the beginning at this point.

i was also a saw spear player but every weapon is a goomba stomp in bloodborne once you get the timing down. i think if i do it over, i'll switch up weapons.

you should definitely restart and try again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s true that you can dominate with any weapon but you have my full admiration if you’ve got the patience to do that with, say, the beast cutter

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
lmfao at the dumbasses spoiling the game for the new player. loving NOOBS lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

the door is 100% my favorite small thing in the game

its such a good little reveal, spooked me more than lots of the louder horror parts.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

t a s t e posted:

It’s true that you can dominate with any weapon but you have my full admiration if you’ve got the patience to do that with, say, the beast cutter

tearing poo poo up with logarius wheel is the most badass ive felt in bborne

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My insight is not high enough to read those spoilers yet, looking forward to BB around December time, or perhaps October gaming. have Demon Remake, then 3, then BB on the slate with breaks between.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

you should definitely restart and try again

yeah, i know. it's tough. there's so much yakuza to play and i gotta wait until like 8 PM before i can even start, and that's on the nights without the zoom calls. also i kind of want to start monster hunter. there are too many good video games.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

My insight is not high enough to read those spoilers yet, looking forward to BB around December time, or perhaps October gaming. have Demon Remake, then 3, then BB on the slate with breaks between.

bloodborne is epic halloween feels

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
extremely jealous at the n00bs who are experiencing bb for the first time

I really can't pick a favorite weapon, they're all so good. you might as well ask me to choose between my children

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
last one i played with was the pizza cutter. to go back and experience it all for the first time again would be such a dream

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

so does insight affect basically anything that has that bright red aura? I thought I remember those church guys in front of the grand cathedral holding crosses with some kind of red cloud around them, but now its gone...

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Quarterroys posted:

so does insight affect basically anything that has that bright red aura? I thought I remember those church guys in front of the grand cathedral holding crosses with some kind of red cloud around them, but now its gone...

I think once you hit a certain threshold it starts spawning the red enemies

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Quarterroys posted:

no

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I think that TGS review poo poo for demons souls was before they decided the game was going nowhere and let miyazaki take over

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Had Shadows of Yharnam at basically 0 health then a giant snake killed me . gently caress!

i do this thing with souls bosses sometimes where my first attempt or two is really good, and after getting super close to killing them, backslide into making dumb mistakes

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Quarterroys posted:

Had Shadows of Yharnam at basically 0 health then a giant snake killed me . gently caress!

i do this thing with souls bosses sometimes where my first attempt or two is really good, and after getting super close to killing them, backslide into making dumb mistakes
There's a term for this, "tilting" I think. It's an important part of the veteran gamer's mental toolkit to recognise and adapt to this

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quarterroys posted:

I have a feeling you'll get it next try

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

There's a term for this, "tilting" I think. It's an important part of the veteran gamer's mental toolkit to recognise and adapt to this

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

The Klowner posted:

I have a feeling you'll get it next try

Got those fuckers a few tries later. pillar dancing and parrying ftw.

The next area Byrgenwerth is eerie, and that hunter on the stairs was a huge rear end in a top hat, but fun fight.

The old man(Willem?) in the rocking chair on the balcony spooked the poo poo out of me.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Uhhh, so besides the obvious crazy poo poo in The Unseen Village Amygdalas silently hanging from all the buildings are the villagers respawning???

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Quarterroys posted:

Uhhh, so besides the obvious crazy poo poo in The Unseen Village Amygdalas silently hanging from all the buildings are the villagers respawning???

Technically, theyre being beckoned across planes of existence to stop you. Assumedly each scraggly beastman had their own unique life before being pulled into your world to replace the last guy

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Technically, theyre being beckoned across planes of existence to stop you. Assumedly each scraggly beastman had their own unique life before being pulled into your world to replace the last guy

drat, that’s cool. Almost jumped out of my chair when a summoned villager snuck up from behind me after I thought I cleared everything out. No taking it slow in that area!

Cainhurst is so awesome. Killer atmosphere, and the weeping is especially spooky. Had another great jump scare in the library when the ghost women all started shrieking and spurting blood out of nowhere. Those candelabra ghouls and headless ghosts are a nice touch to make the knife ladies actually dangerous.

The castle roof parkour is neat, and I was half expecting a DS1 gargoyles type fight on the initial roof area.

Martyr Logarius up next. Seems like an interesting change of pace fight after two big boys - Amygdala and Rom.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I beat the gauntlets in Sekiro and can easily beat any boss consecutive times. Went back to start dark souls 3 again and I’d swear I’ve never played one of these before. Lost to baby gundyr three times

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I beat the big crystal monster first try with no damage but the way slower gundry was just insane to me lol, I'd dodge four years before his attack landed

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I just installed cinders, excited to play

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

it owns. they release a crazy amount of updates for it that flesh it out even more. might dl the latest and go again lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a Loving Dog posted:

I have to remember to try this. maybe this weekend

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

i almost bought a gaming pc just to play this

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

Cinder chander hollow dagger

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

Cinder chander hollow dagger

ooh ee ooh ah ah

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

ooh ee ooh ah ah

lol

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

EmmyOk posted:

I beat the gauntlets in Sekiro and can easily beat any boss consecutive times. Went back to start dark souls 3 again and I’d swear I’ve never played one of these before. Lost to baby gundyr three times

Bouncing from Nioh 2 to Dark Souls 3 and I keep chugging estus when I want to attack. Reading this thread has made me pine for Bloodborne though....the only post DS From game I havent played.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Simiain posted:

Bouncing from Nioh 2 to Dark Souls 3 and I keep chugging estus when I want to attack. Reading this thread has made me pine for Bloodborne though....the only post DS From game I havent played.

Lol for sure I keep drinking estus when I try pick anything up in DS

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002