Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Greyman and Garuruman with support were revealed, just going to show Greyman because they work pretty similarly

quote:

Agumon Bond of Courage
[When Attacking] If you have a Tamer, destroy 1 of your opponent's 13000DP or below Digimon
[Your Turn] (Once per turn) Whe your opponent's Digimon are destroyed, discard 1 of your opponent's Security

quote:

Yagami Taichi
[Your Turn] When your Digimon with [Agumon] or [Greymon] in its name is moved from Raising Area to Battle Area, Memory +1, <Draw 1>
[Main] (Once per turn) You can evolve 1 of your [Agumon] into a [Agumon Bond of Courage] in your hand by paying its Evolution Cost while ignoring the LV requirement. If you did, discard 2 of your Security. Then if you have 1 or more Security, at the end of this turn, destroy that Digimon

quote:

Agumon
[Both Players Turns] (Once per turn) When your Tamer with [Yagami Taichi] in its name is Played, Memory +1
ESS: [Your Turn] If this Digimon is [Agumon Bond of Courage], this Digimon gets <Security Attack+1>

A level 4 and a level 5 Eosmon were also revealed, they’re white but can evolve from green. The level 4 lets you play white tamer cards and the level 5 lets you play more Eosmon. Also, you can have a deck of fifty of the level 5 Eosmon

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I watched Last Evolution Kizuna last night. I didn’t care for it. I have some problems with the conceit but more importantly it was mostly a rehash of ideas that used in Tri. I’m not like, angry about it, because I find being angry that a movie was bad to be insufferable, but I’m definitely left confused as to why it was made

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It has finally happened, after so long...finally...finally Great King Sukamon has been added to the Digimon Reference Book...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Made more vital bracelet concepts

Dragons' Trial

D-Brigade Advent

Path of the Beast King

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

Made more vital bracelet concepts

Dragons' Trial

D-Brigade Advent

Path of the Beast King

I say drop Chaosmon from the last two charts for GunDramon and HeavyLeomon respectively, also Betsumon for SkullBaluchimon(but that's mostly because I loathe Betsumon with every fiber of my being)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Those two are supposed to go together. You can jogress to get Chaosmon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'm aware, just feel including Jogresses like it or Omegamon on these kind of charts with very limited slots is incredibly dull

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
I dunno. That was part of why I decided to do these as a pair. They’re opposites. They go together.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Digimon Xs are starting to go up for preorder with a July 15th release date. Only white so far and a rad new color (probably white's internals because of the background image).

https://twitter.com/TeffiniWynn/status/1385560661296570373

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Dammit I might need more virtual pets

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
yet more VB concepts:

Final Knights

Oni of Vengeance

and a slightly revised line-up for my Halloween Knights one from earlier

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Break the Chain is finally out, after 3000 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWTFMtvLGS0

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blaze Dragon posted:

Break the Chain is finally out, after 3000 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWTFMtvLGS0

Just in time for Metal Garurumon.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Regarding tonight’s episode, Did they give MetalGarurumon some new powers? I'm pretty sure he didn't have those jets in his paws in the original series.

Next week, HolyAngemon

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Is it just me or Did Weregarurumon look off during the start of his mega evolution animation?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

Regarding tonight’s episode, Did they give MetalGarurumon some new powers? I'm pretty sure he didn't have those jets in his paws in the original series.

Next week, HolyAngemon

I believe they're new designwise, but not really in terms of functionality or anything. Metal Garurumon could always fly.

Episode was fine by the way. I'd argue that the proper heavy lifting evolution episode was actually the one with Mephismon, but it's not like it's a real swerve or anything that the Digimon can evolve to Ultimate when they push hard enough.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Omnicrom posted:

I believe they're new designwise, but not really in terms of functionality or anything. Metal Garurumon could always fly.

Episode was fine by the way. I'd argue that the proper heavy lifting evolution episode was actually the one with Mephismon, but it's not like it's a real swerve or anything that the Digimon can evolve to Ultimate when they push hard enough.

They've done a kind of decent job peppering them in that yeah, if they go hard enough, of course the kids can reach it at this point.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's pretty interesting how this episode and the one where Gabumon unlocked Sagittarius Mode has been more about Gabumon's character development, rather than Yamato's. He's right up there with Tailmon as Digimons who are actually characters and not just an extension of the kids.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I see it and I still can't believe this is real, so bizarre.

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1387202008596324360

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Fuckin’ lmao at this color scheme.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1388052633378689027

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I hope my updating the thread with new cards doesn’t bug people. There’s some new cards that I think are super interesting

New keyword

quote:

Mamemon
<Decoy<Black>> When your other Black Digimon are destroyed by your opponent's effects, you may destroy this Digimon to stop that Digimon from being destroyed.
[When Destroyed] Destroy 1 of your opponent's Digimon with Play Cost of 7 or less

Green’s first Hybrid/Spirit digivolution, Arbormon can evolve from any green tamer.

quote:

Babamon
[When Destroyed] You may Play 1 [Rosemon] or up to 2 Yellow LV3 Digimon from your hand wihout paying their cost

quote:

Titamon
[When Digivolving] Trash 1 card from your hand. Then, you may play one Purple level 4 or lower Digimon Card from your trash without paying its memory cost.

[Your Turn] (Once per turn) When you trash a card in your hand with your own effect, this Digimon gets +2000 DP and gains <Security Attack+1> for the turn.
Pairs with

quote:

SkullGreymon
When this card is Discarded from your hand by your own effects, you may put this card to the bottom of 1 of your Purple Digimon's Evolution Sources
[When Attacking] You may Discard 1 card from your hand to give this Digimon +3000DP for the turn
ESS: <Retaliation>

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 30, 2021

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

thetoughestbean posted:

I hope my updating the thread with new cards doesn’t bug people. There’s some new cards that I think are super interesting

I'm not bothered by it. I think it's interesting to see how the card game is evolving with the addition of new keywords and dual coloured cards. It's also nice to see some of the artwork used, like Mamemon being a lil' badass and Arbormon looking really peaceful.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yeah, I don't know poo poo about the card game, but it's fun to see the new art and the cards that you think are interesting.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Babamon transitioning to Rosemon is a Digital Card Battle reference if I'm not mistaken.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I love the card game's art and follow it on Twitter so I'm fine with seeing these here.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Babamon transitioning to Rosemon is a Digital Card Battle reference if I'm not mistaken.

Nah. That's always been part of the Babamon lore, DCB only took what already existed there.

Digimon Reference Book posted:

According to rumor, it is whispered that a Rosemon was placed under a spell and turned into this form.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Leraika posted:

Yeah, I don't know poo poo about the card game, but it's fun to see the new art and the cards that you think are interesting.

The art for the new game is pretty great!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

The Titamon/Skull Greymon synergy is also from the official profiles, Titamon's sword is supposedly made from the bones of a Skull Greymon.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I too like the pictures.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I play the game a lot with my gf so im always interested in new cards even if im probs never gonna play competitively

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Holy crap they gave Devimon an origin.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

Nodosaur posted:

Holy crap they gave Devimon an origin.

And a design reasoning for HolyAngemon's ensemble as well. Sadly it looks like next week is a Taichi filler with possible illusions for another Ultimate/Mega but we'll see.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

If one of those silhouettes is what I think it is that's a deeeeep cut and I couldn't be happier.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Like I keep saying, this is the series where Angemon is finally as important as everyone remembers him being. Still, shout outs to Holy Angemon's first solo victory! He didn't kill Sephirotmon, but still. There is also some fun meta-stuff going on in this episode with them sort of justifying Millenniumon's overall appearance as well. On the other hand, the actual overall episode was kind of meh.

Balache404 posted:

If one of those silhouettes is what I think it is that's a deeeeep cut and I couldn't be happier.

Are you thinking it's Master Tyranomon?

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Omnicrom posted:

Are you thinking it's Master Tyranomon?

Nope. Head and eye shape of the second silhouette matches and old V-Jump winner.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Machmon got a card, it has Decoy (Black)

I like the art a lot

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

Machmon got a card, it has Decoy (Black)

I like the art a lot

Deep cut in the background there

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I liked the episode, but I had to roll my eyes when half the kids gets absorbed into Sephirothmon and of course Taichi, Yamato and Koshiro were in that group.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Decoy seems like an extremely powerful ability, the kind of thing that'd play super nice with Diavolomon in particular, since so much of it hinges on a Mega that doesn't have any sort of inherent protection from destruction effects.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Balache404 posted:

Nope. Head and eye shape of the second silhouette matches and old V-Jump winner.

Yeah, it's very clearly Atamadekachimon, a Digimon that won a 2006 contest and then appeared literally nowhere. This is a deep as hell cut and I imagine it'll be followed with proper art and a DRB profile for the thing.

It does go well with some other older Digimon getting into the DRB recently, like TorikaraBallmon, Burgermon, Shoutmon EX6, several X Digimon and last so far Trailmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
New episode descriptions are out. Big spoilers of course.

https://withthewill.net/threads/adventure-guide-listings-for-episodes-48-through-51.25648/

What is with this show's pacing? I guess we're getting a second arc that will lead to that new evil digimon from the digivice or something since this is very finale-ish (Edit:Episode 50 is even titled Finale). The number of episodes might be more than 66.

I can't say I expected Millenniumon to go down before all the megas showed up. Unless no other megas get their own episode and they all show up here at once.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 3, 2021