Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Give Ex-Aid a chance. Despite the garish suits it's got a great cast with some of the better villain characters of modern Rider. Plus the best quaternary Rider ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fezz posted:

Give Ex-Aid a chance. Despite the garish suits it's got a great cast with some of the better villain characters of modern Rider. Plus the best quaternary Rider ever.

This, a million times. Get over your wrong ideas about what a suit should be like and watch what's almost Rider perfection that will, guaranteed, change your religion and teach you a brand new meaning of Christmas.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fezz posted:

The awful 90s plastic design is completely deliberate. I'm still genuinely surprised that nobody transformed with a goddamn Bop-It.

Also Ex-Aid has two of the only competent female Riders who don't die. Well, Poppy kind of does, but you know. She gets better.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

OT just dropped Zero One: Real x Time.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

The only good ex-aid suit is regular snipe, because the neon green sports bang actually sells the goofy aesthetic into something cool. The rest of them are just abysmal. Gaim has lots of issues, but legitimately I think sells the goofy as hell fruit theme into some genuinely nice looking suits.

edit: also this threads waaay hotter on ex-aid than me, I think you should watch W next

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

girl dick energy posted:

The awful 90s plastic design is completely deliberate. I'm still genuinely surprised that nobody transformed with a goddamn Bop-It.

I mean, the Gashat Gear Dual gets distressingly close.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Motto posted:

OT just dropped Zero One: Real x Time.

They really throw the audience into this. I assume there was some rejiggering of the story and scenes due to covid?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Varinn posted:

The only good ex-aid suit is regular snipe, because the neon green sports bang actually sells the goofy aesthetic into something cool. The rest of them are just abysmal. Gaim has lots of issues, but legitimately I think sells the goofy as hell fruit theme into some genuinely nice looking suits.

edit: also this threads waaay hotter on ex-aid than me, I think you should watch W next

Dangerous Zombie, Muteki Gamer, Taddle Legacy, Perfect Knockout are IMO actually good designs (I like more than those but I like the show so that's bias). The only Issue is how clashing that hella lime green belt is.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Xelkelvos posted:

They really throw the audience into this. I assume there was some rejiggering of the story and scenes due to covid?

Yes actually! https://kanacaecilius.tumblr.com/post/649170810573127680/bits-from-the-p-notes-released-on-twitter-by-zero for a few examples on what changed

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Did Kuuga not air in the same hour as Timeranger because oh my god how could it possibly have been morning television?
Are the other early Heisei Riders like this? Does Agito have episodes about children being driven to suicide right before or after the Gaoranger's fun weekly adventures?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Dangerous Zombie is one of the best suits in the series period

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Did Kuuga not air in the same hour as Timeranger because oh my god how could it possibly have been morning television?

They used to be together, but in a different time slot. It’s not like kids were really into the Duplo version of Metal Heroes anyway.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zedd posted:

Dangerous Zombie, Muteki Gamer, Taddle Legacy, Perfect Knockout are IMO actually good designs (I like more than those but I like the show so that's bias). The only Issue is how clashing that hella lime green belt is.
Perfect Knockout is brilliant, because the gimmick of Perfect Puzzle and Knockout Fighter both being a clear "two suits in one toy" design leaves them both feeling somewhat incomplete, and then Perfect Knockout melds them together... perfectly. :c00lbert:

Also hard agree on Dangerous Zombie and especially Muteki Gamer/Hyper Muteki.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TWOKAISER IS SO FUCKIN GOOD HOLY poo poo

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

TWOKAISER IS SO FUCKIN GOOD HOLY poo poo

He literally comes in singing a sea shanty, I love this guy already

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They released a video about him on Youtube and here's a look at his transformation

https://streamable.com/hkk3rz

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

here's a look at his transformation

https://streamable.com/hkk3rz

okay, whatever my feelings were about the suit just being a gold Gokaiger, this rules

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Here's his entrance in the show

https://streamable.com/m65wp9

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Waffleman_ posted:

:swoon:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Holy lol Zenkaiger owns so much

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So like, his ship is probably supposed to be a knockoff Variblune, but I'm getting Gavan vibes from it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Real X Time was so good. Very gripping, lots of hard hitting scenes, a really interesting antagonist, other than maybe a kind of boring final fight it was super good.

With that and Kamen Rider Metsuboujinrai, I'm tempted to go back and finish the actual series after I dropped it due to the terrible drop in quality it had and the abysmal attempt at redeeming Thouser.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

Real X Time was so good. Very gripping, lots of hard hitting scenes, a really interesting antagonist, other than maybe a kind of boring final fight it was super good.

With that and Kamen Rider Metsuboujinrai, I'm tempted to go back and finish the actual series after I dropped it due to the terrible drop in quality it had and the abysmal attempt at redeeming Thouser.

For what it's worth, they really didn't try to redeem Thouser. Sure, he fought alongside the heroes against Ark, but everyone still hated him and gave him a ton of poo poo for the stuff he did.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

well poo poo guess I gotta start zenkaiger

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Varinn posted:

Do it, it’s a good show.

Speaking of which, who plays Zox’s sister Flint and has she had any Toku appearances before?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Varinn posted:

SAME, HOLY poo poo.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Are the other early Heisei Riders like this? Does Agito have episodes about children being driven to suicide right before or after the Gaoranger's fun weekly adventures?

Kuuga is family television. So the answer is yes. It has no interest in talking down to children about anything but it was made with children in mind. It is brilliant.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zenkaiger's been fuckin' wild, y'all.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!

DoctorWhat posted:

Kuuga is family television. So the answer is yes. It has no interest in talking down to children about anything but it was made with children in mind. It is brilliant.

Japanese Kindergarteners are hard core, man.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Maybe if more kids worldwide were taught that sometimes violence is the only way to deal with murderous death cults founded on eugenics, but also that violence can alienate you from your own humanity and is not a substitute for human connection, we'd have fewer reactionary dipshits with youtube channels.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
During SA's maintenance I took the time to watch Reiwa: The First Generation and RealxTime, that was a good time.

I guess I should probably watch Metsuboujinrai.net

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Having wrapped up ToQger today, I guess I'm a little disappointed there wasn't a tad more resolution for Zed. I don't know what more exactly I would've actually wanted, like the idea that he and Grita are just gonna be out there in their train existing between dark and light is nice enough, I guess it just felt kind of abrupt? I dunno.

Anyway, other than that I absolutely adored the show and am super glad I went back and watched it. Great characters, amazing villain designs, really good use of the episodic nature of "hey, we're travelling to the next station" combined with longer runs when things begin to escalate, made me emotional a number of times, just really good stuff.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Holy lol Zenkaiger owns so much
I laughed so hard at the green screen joke. Say what you will about their reliance of it they are definitely using it in creative and goofy ways.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So it looks like TokuHD on Amazon has Faiz, and if you're familiar with the quality of their Agito subs...

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Waffleman_ posted:

So it looks like TokuHD on Amazon has Faiz, and if you're familiar with the quality of their Agito subs...

Why does Faiz in particular seem just loving cursed with this?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shaezerus posted:

Why does Faiz in particular seem just loving cursed with this?

I seem to remember some scrubs of the TVN subs that weren’t too bad but yeah, Faiz has never had any good subs for some reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

Do it, it’s a good show.

Speaking of which, who plays Zox’s sister Flint and has she had any Toku appearances before?

Hinami Mori, seems like this is her first rodeo

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Update: I have watched the Metsuboujinrai.net vcine. It was good! I really wasn't expecting anything like that ending, I can't wait to watch Vulcan and Valkyrie when it comes out this winter.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Hinami Mori, seems like this is her first rodeo

Ah, must have confused her for someone else then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Having wrapped up ToQger today, I guess I'm a little disappointed there wasn't a tad more resolution for Zed. I don't know what more exactly I would've actually wanted, like the idea that he and Grita are just gonna be out there in their train existing between dark and light is nice enough, I guess it just felt kind of abrupt? I dunno.

Anyway, other than that I absolutely adored the show and am super glad I went back and watched it. Great characters, amazing villain designs, really good use of the episodic nature of "hey, we're travelling to the next station" combined with longer runs when things begin to escalate, made me emotional a number of times, just really good stuff.

When ToQger was airing there was a theory that Zed was also a five year old child in a grown-up body, and that he came from a less-good home than the ToQgers. I really wish that had ended up being the case.