Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

endeavor: i love all my children equally. deku, fuyumi (checks smudged writing on hand) shooter. nasty. The dead one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I hope the 2nd's quirk is explosion because I want Deku to rip away the only thing Bakugo's got left to his name.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

TheHan posted:

I hope the 2nd's quirk is explosion because I want Deku to rip away the only thing Bakugo's got left to his name.

With all his new quirks feeling defensive I could see him getting some sort of shock absorber at the least

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheHan posted:

His quirk is explosion, the other guy is a Todoroki, Deku has now obsoleted his entire class.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Electric Phantasm posted:

His quirk is explosion, the other guy is a Todoroki, Deku has now obsoleted his entire class.

Except for Mineta.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

RatHat posted:

By the way there's a mobile game coming out, it looks pretty ambitious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpjhLoW052o

Flashing Lights warning on this.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Green Intern posted:

Flashing Lights warning on this.

Yeah it'll almost certainly be a gacha.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

if MHA was just a bunch of cute character sketches every week i'd just just as happy tbh

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

Except for Mineta.

He's actually the Anti-Mineta since girls like his quirky nature

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

It's great that in the MHA universe you can be born with a washing machine for a head and everyone's like totally cool with it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hiddenriverninja posted:

It's great that in the MHA universe you can be born with a washing machine for a head and everyone's like totally cool with it

I don't think this plays when this week we have a chapter where a woman was almost killed by a mob because she was a big weasel

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

hiddenriverninja posted:

i imagine the person giving birth isn't thrilled with it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

A reminder that someone was born with Thomas the Tank Engine for a head in MHA's world

as in, their entire head was the full-on engine

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also isn't wash just a dude in a suit

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

socialsecurity posted:

With all his new quirks feeling defensive I could see him getting some sort of shock absorber at the least

It's a form of clairvoyance so that when Deku punches a villain he also sees their backstory

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Everyone spending so much effort on AFO is Deku's dad or related somehow for trying to fit the star wars reference miss the point that Tomura being Nana's grandson is that equivalent for this story. AFO even straight up says "you know it to be true" when he drops that bomb on all might

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I've gotten halfway through Vigilantes and it is awesome. Koichi has that Peter Parker everyman vibe, and watching him develop new applications for his quirk is neat. Supporting cast is good too.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
important

The Drawing Smash exhibition has been closed for a bit over a week because of a COVID lockdown in Tokyo, some stuff is coming out.

Apparently some of the art is interesting- the big mural-style piece Horikoshi drew specifically to be seen in-person is a spread of the cast and includes Shinsou's actual hero costume. Another is a weird piece of a huge door with a big eye+tentacles streaming out of it with a depressed-looking Aoyama sitting in front of it.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 25, 2021

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

She's rude Eri now. :unsmigghh:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

310. Master & Pupil
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009091
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-310/chapter/22426?action=read

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Looks like we're headed for a flashback arc to the beginning of this conflict. So it seems like the second and third already knew each other before meeting Yoichi

should be some good poo poo in two weeks

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

Looks like we're headed for a flashback arc to the beginning of this conflict. So it seems like the second and third already knew each other before meeting Yoichi

should be some good poo poo in two weeks

I really hope it's this. That would be a much better way to delve into the first three OFA holders. Given he lost his air force gauntlets in the new design, looks like Mr Gun Hands the Second has some ranged offensive quirk to replace them.

Deku definitely is fixating on how he's a threat to anyone around him.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I’m really happy with how on-board (most of) the previous holders are with Deku’s way of seeing this conflict, especially the first holder.

I feel like it’s kind of getting to be a cliche at this point where it’s the other way around, like Aang rejecting violence as a solution from the previous Avatars, or in Black Panther where he tells his ancestors they got it wrong.

So it’s just nice to see the support

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The tall lady doesn't squeak in the official translation. Has anyone seen the original Japanese and seen if she squeaks there?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Deku eating tonkotsu with chopsticks, in the rain, while standing over the city like Batman.

Even during the end of the world, he's still Deku. :allears:

Edit: And come on, you guys, this is storytelling 101. Number two looks like Bakugo so that there can be a narrative parallel with the first time Bakugo reaches out his hand to help Deku up.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 25, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The 2nd really does not look that much like Bakugo to me.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Kithkar posted:

Deku definitely is fixating on how he's a threat to anyone around him.

Ironically his behavior is reminding me of how All Might acted when he was active, jump in, solve the problem, maybe say a few words, then jump off to the next problem that needs fixing(or to find a place to hide when his time limit was up).

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
"Support Item" they say, when that is clearly just a drat mega buster.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Ironically his behavior is reminding me of how All Might acted when he was active, jump in, solve the problem, maybe say a few words, then jump off to the next problem that needs fixing(or to find a place to hide when his time limit was up).

Given the new look his mask gives him when it's on thats likely 100% intentional.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

MonsterEnvy posted:

The 2nd really does not look that much like Bakugo to me.

The 2nd looks a lot more calm than Bakugo normally does so I had to try to find a picture of him looking more or less chill, but they definitely have a Same Face problem going on. I absolutely do not believe the wacky theory that the 2nd is Bakugo gone back in time, but if they're not related in some way then Horikoshi kinda hosed up by making the 2nd look like an adult Bakugo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
One by one this thread will believe in time traveller bakugo

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I don't know how Bakugo would go back in time and not be able to articulate that, reasonably change events he would know about, or recognize Deku.

The way he talks about his era also doesn't sound like the way someone who time traveled would talk about their time.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Time Travel makes no sense.

He clearly got so angry that he recreated the Big Bang and restarted the universe with all the memories of the previous universe.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He only looks like Bakugo to shorthand the relationship between the first and him. You got the useless person who eventually follows the strong person

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Like I said, I don't believe the time travel stuff. I think it's more likely he's an ancestor (he could even be related on Bakugo's mother's side, in which case his last name wouldn't even be Bakugo). I just think it's a little silly to pretend they don't look alike just because you don't like the time traveler theory.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

oh jay posted:

Time Travel makes no sense.

He clearly got so angry that he recreated the Big Bang and restarted the universe with all the memories of the previous universe.

Bakugo gonna introduce the concept of omega level quirks.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I unironically hope Horikoshi eventually just has Midoriya just completely lampshade it by saying "Man Mr. 2nd, you look like my friend"

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I unironically hope Horikoshi eventually just has Midoriya just completely lampshade it by saying "Man Mr. 2nd, you look like my friend"

"He's an rear end in a top hat. Like you!"

(But yeah. He obviously exists as a thematic parallel to Bakugo, thus the similar appearances. Gets the reader an idea what the dude's like in fewer scenes.)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bakugo will go back in time and push his mom's car during a snowstorm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

CuwiKhons posted:

The 2nd looks a lot more calm than Bakugo normally does so I had to try to find a picture of him looking more or less chill, but they definitely have a Same Face problem going on. I absolutely do not believe the wacky theory that the 2nd is Bakugo gone back in time, but if they're not related in some way then Horikoshi kinda hosed up by making the 2nd look like an adult Bakugo.

Mods are asleep post calm bakugo