Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really want Apex hunts that are separate from Rampages. The rampages are a good time but the apex battles are super tight and deserve a better spotlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I really want Apex hunts that are separate from Rampages. The rampages are a good time but the apex battles are super tight and deserve a better spotlight

Definitely. The tension from fighting an apex monster kinda disappears when the counter signal starts and all of a sudden you’re doing shitloads of damage

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

there’s no way this doesnt happen, right? seems like a no brainer to have some event quests with em

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

The rampage rooms are such a dull area too.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

HolePisser1982 posted:

gunlance and hunting horn today. absolutely jonesing for new monsters to fight

yeah I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to push my lance gear further because I can already kill everything fairly easy. So I'm going thru the switch skill unlocking quests, with the appropraite weapons ofc

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ristolaz posted:

yeah I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to push my lance gear further because I can already kill everything fairly easy. So I'm going thru the switch skill unlocking quests, with the appropraite weapons ofc

I’m doing this too and it’s dope fun finding out what weapons I like by spending a little time with them.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I keep wondering whether to put the game away for a while and play it again and get in really deep when the PC version + inevitable high rank expansio comes out next year. Endgame is kind of empty at the moment, suspect World was probably like this pre Iceborne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

World had more of an endgame than the current state of Rise bc Rise won't be finished until may. I wonder how things are gonna change in the updates

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

not that the world endgame was good, but it did exist.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I keep wondering whether to put the game away for a while and play it again and get in really deep when the PC version + inevitable high rank expansio comes out next year. Endgame is kind of empty at the moment, suspect World was probably like this pre Iceborne

my plan is im going to play it til im fully vaccinated, and then im going to go outside. my fear is that ill just never stop playing it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the world endgame was grinding for 0.01% drop rate decorations which was terrible. it's okay for a game to run out of content after 100 hours

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the world endgame was grinding for 0.01% drop rate decorations which was terrible. it's okay for a game to run out of content after 100 hours

If it makes me unhappy, it is not

I know more content is coming and post IB world did it really well imo but I'm a little concerned that MH might be tending towards the "live game" or "games as a service" model or whatever you call it. I trust them so far but yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the events in Rise are going to be permanent quests like the old games so it won't have the live game BS at least

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The thing that burned me out in base world was trying to get crowns after I made the sets I wanted. Deviljho, Kulve, and the big jagras all made me come back for a bit.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’m half way through doing all the switch skill missions with the appropriate weapons and just tried great sword...hueg number :stare:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Making a real effort to try out longsword for the first time in 4 games. it's a little disgusting how you can just trash a monster once you have a handle on the counter timings and warm up to monster movesets. over the course of an afternoon yesterday using LS to get parts for the narga weapon, sheath and grinder jewels, etc. I went from ~15 min kill times to 5-7. the thing feels as safe as a lance but you can just put out a ton more damage in the same time frame. sicko mode

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Sleng Teng posted:

Making a real effort to try out longsword for the first time in 4 games. it's a little disgusting how you can just trash a monster once you have a handle on the counter timings and warm up to monster movesets. over the course of an afternoon yesterday using LS to get parts for the narga weapon, sheath and grinder jewels, etc. I went from ~15 min kill times to 5-7. the thing feels as safe as a lance but you can just put out a ton more damage in the same time frame. sicko mode

They keep making it more powerful every game, the crazy bastards. And i love it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve only got a few more weapons to go through the switch skill quests for and long sword is one of the last and the only weapon I’ve never tried. Had a blast with lance counters, so maybe I’ve been missing out all this time.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

been trying to get a Magnamalo orb so I can make the drat arms. handicraft is such a rarity in this game

Magnamalo

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Is purple sharpy even possible yet

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

P-Mack posted:

Is purple sharpy even possible yet

world didn't get purple until iceborn so I'm gonna assume the same is true for rise

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day. Get your Switches charged.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The video comes out at 11 japan time which is like 1am. Will the update even come out with the video?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

been trying to get a Magnamalo orb so I can make the drat arms. handicraft is such a rarity in this game

It took me forever to get an orb and they went straight into the LBG

I have sets for like 8 weapons right now and it's my life goal to not have them all be Narcaguga sets

Atlas Hammer (Bone tree) - Bludgeoning 3
Conqueress Switch Axe (Ore tree) - Exhaust, Slugger and Stamina Thief
Tigrex Greatsword
Ice Longsword, I think from Goss Harag?
Fire Dual Blades I think from Aknosom
Mag LBG - Artillery 3 + stickies
Pukei Pukei HBG
Canyne Gunlance (Buddy ticket gimmick lance, that is super good)

I still wanna try Insect Glaive, Sword and Shield, and Bow. No interest in HH, Charge Blade and Lance.

I love Hammer and Gunlance, LBG is really fun, Greatsword is very satisfying when you do well but I feel like it is so hard to do well still, Switch Axe is sometimes really fun and sometimes feels like monsters are just designed to destroy you

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I do not like LS and Dual blades

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

A PLETHORA of new monsters. Get ready

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7I5rjLkf8I

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I got my time zones wrong...9pm instead of 1am :staredog:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

hell yes apex monsters in regular hunts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Absolutely awesome update even though Teo and Kush are extremely boring elder dragon picks.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Update looks badass. Thank You Capcom

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I can live with Teo but kushala is a bit disappointing. I'm hoping that maybe they are more fun to fight in Rise

Regardless I'm going to burn 1000 hours of my life on this game. blessed be

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That MH Stories 2 trailer actually looked fairly dope. It's a turn based RPG right?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Maybe they'll finally make Kush fun to fight

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im hoping some of these monster parts will unlock some new decos, too

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
pumped as hell for the layered armor to cover up some of my uglier mixed sets

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

im hoping some of these monster parts will unlock some new decos, too

looks like they will

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
oooh new rampage skills too

i have maxed out quite a few armor sets and weapons so im looking forward to some new monsters and some apex fights.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hey they fixed charm tables

Up until now if you were farming charms there was a very limited pool available to each person so if you were going for 2 slot 2 weakness exploit like 90% of people just couldn't ever get it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't cared about the melding stuff much bc I know I'll be making new armor all the time while they add stuff but I'm glad they're fixing that