Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is 13 minutes shorter, so if that's what you mean by 'better' I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Something Awful Horror Thread: Rank the Mad Max movies

Here, I'll start:

Fury Road
Road Warrior
Thunderdome
Original

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Class3KillStorm posted:

Here, I'll start:

Fury Road
Road Warrior
Thunderdome
Original

That's it, it's done.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thunderdome
Fury Road
Road Warrior
Original

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Class3KillStorm posted:

Here, I'll start:

Fury Road
Road Warrior
Thunderdome
Original

This is the only acceptable answer.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

King Vidiot posted:

Nah, but Thunderdome does own harder than many people give it credit for.

Someone decided to let Mel Gibson do quips as Mad Max and it ruins the movie for me.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Someone decided to let Mel Gibson do quips as Mad Max and it ruins the movie for me.

The whole tone is too goofy to me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1. Fury Road

Don't care about anything else

Will never forget the first time I saw that in theaters

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ViZqQkddCc

After weeks of work and secrecy, I can finally reveal the special Scream Stream Surprise!

This sunday at 6 PM EST, all backers are invited to play a game of...

Trival Pursuit: Horror Ultimate Edition

Fully converted into Tabletop Simulator by yours truly (including fixing some typos, bad grammar, and straight up mistakes on some of the cards), this game is your chance to test your knowledge of the horror genre! Films, novels, tv shows and more make their appearance and test your powers as a true horror know-it-all!

And this isn't just for fun, either! As a special prize, whoever wins a game will be granted an additional vote in the Scream Stream Theme poll! If your backer tier doesn't grant you a vote, here's your chance to win one! And if you already have voting power, you can win the ability to vote twice!

What about non-patrons? Well, they're welcome to tune in and watch the game on my twitch channel! All horror goons are welcome to tune in and watch the Spook a Doodle crew squirm and stammer as they face the onslaught of trivia questions that plumbs the depths of their horror knowledge.

But wait, there's more!

This isn't just your regular Trivial Pursuit game! There's a twist!

Each player will start the game with a Spooky Token, with a chance to win more if they answer a question on a wedge space when they already have that category's wedge. When they sacrifice that Spooky Token to the elder gods, they can ask chat for help with one question! You, the horror goons, can yell your answer at the screen and actually have an effect! No googling please, that's cheating!

Pictured above: you, the audience

Please join us for this fun time!

The game starts in one hour, everyone! Tune in at https://www.twitch.tv/lurdiak to be part of this spooky experience!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 25, 2021

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Time to resolve this age old question once and for all

https://twitter.com/benito_cereno/status/1386426111056252936

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

As long as it's not sci fi Bava you're good.

e: I actually do know how to spell Bava

Spatulater bro! fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 26, 2021

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Planet of the Vampires ain't that bad

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

King Vidiot posted:

Nah, but Thunderdome does own harder than many people give it credit for.

True, also true of the original.

They're all good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The winner of the first Scream Stream Horror Trivia Night and reigning horror knowledge champ is former poster, current lurker, and Scream Stream regular Choco. We're going to be playing at least 2 more times, so stay tuned for more!

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

Thanks for your hard work Lurd! There was a good distribution of easy no-brainer questions and extremely granular deep-dives. Looking forward to more games in the near future and I wish I could say I’ll be brushing up on my Angel knowledge.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Due to it coming up in another thread in the last few days, which for the life of me I can’t remember, but I ended up watching Vibrations today. Not a horror film but definitely cult, and the concept and setup are at least horror adjacent.

What an odd loving movie with a constantly shifting tone. I honestly don’t know what to think of it. I think I liked it.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Kvlt! posted:

Thunderdome
Fury Road
Road Warrior
Original

This is the official mod-endorsed order

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Gone mad with power already, huh?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Admins??

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Fury Road
Road Warrior
Original
Thunderdome

Is my take

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The leather armor in Fallout is ripped off of one of Mad's outfits and the raider armor with the shoulder spikes comes from an extra in Thunderdome.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Original
Fury Road
Road Warrior
Thunderdome

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Fury Road
Road Warrior
Original
Thunderdome

Note: there are no Bad Max movies

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

but where does the thread stand on WATERWORLD

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
In the genre of "post-apoc kevin costner movies that no one has seen or thought of in decades", it ranks #1, edging out The Postman.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

alf_pogs posted:

You can't stand on water unless you're Jesus.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Is this a troll?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

alf_pogs posted:

It's just painfully mediocre but not like a Ishtar level piece of garbage or anything.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Fury Road
Road Warrior
Original
Thunderdome

Is my take

Finally some sanity

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

watched Wally's Wonderland, it was okay. not something I'd describe as "good" but I can see it ticking some boxes for someone somewhere

then watched Possessor uncut version tonight and holy hell that's a monster of a movie. great stuff. violence was as weighty and visceral as expected, but i was really surprised how they got away with an erect wiener in the sex scene with Riseborough's head

not a complaint tbh

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

King of Bleh posted:

In the genre of "post-apoc kevin costner movies that no one has seen or thought of in decades", it ranks #1, edging out The Postman.

The novelization for The Postman was way better.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
When ranking any franchise you have to scoop in all the ripoff media too. Where does Hell Comes to Frogtown rank on these lists?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 26, 2021

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Between Frogtown and Hell.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feedmyleg posted:

When ranking any franchise you have to scoop in all the ripoff media too. Where does Hell Come to Frogtown rank on these lists?

It's a masterpiece

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Iron Crowned posted:

The novelization for The Postman was way better.

Is this a joke? The Postman is based on a novel by David Brin.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I've seen some GIFs from the movie Mama, and while it seems intriguing, it also seems designed to rob me of my sleep for a week or two.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

feedmyleg posted:

When ranking any franchise you have to scoop in all the ripoff media too.
I was busy yesterday ok

Mad Max: Fury Road
The Road Warrior
Doomsday
Mad Max
Bronx Warriors 2: Escape from the Bronx
Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdrome
2019: After the Fall of New York
Hell Comes to Frogtown
Steel Dawn
Stryker
Equalizer 2000
Exterminators of the Year 3000
Wheels of Fire
Raiders of Atlantis
Endgame
The Bronx Executioner

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

alf_pogs posted:

watched Wally's Wonderland, it was okay. not something I'd describe as "good" but I can see it ticking some boxes for someone somewhere

then watched Possessor uncut version tonight and holy hell that's a monster of a movie. great stuff. violence was as weighty and visceral as expected, but i was really surprised how they got away with an erect wiener in the sex scene with Riseborough's head

not a complaint tbh

Possessor was an odd one for me. My first reaction when it finished was that I didn't like it, but it stuck in my mind and over the next few days I found myself thinking about the many things that worked well until eventually, and without rewatching it, I changed my mind and decided it was good.

I think Under the Skin is the only other horror boner I've seen.
e: don't tell me to turn my monitor off

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I've seen some GIFs from the movie Mama, and while it seems intriguing, it also seems designed to rob me of my sleep for a week or two.

We recently watched it in the Bracketology thread, and while many found it passable, I just thought it was awful. The camera constantly lingers on the terrible CG, and the jump scares are over used to the point where they became comical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
If you want the Mama experience without actually watching Mama, imagine a slightly less bad IT2 heavily inspired by, but horribly failing at being a Guillermo del Toro movie.