Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

AHH F/UGH posted:

Ad Astra was really good

It was interesting visually but it was pretty underwhelming, and the action scenes with the moon buggy chase and the baboon attack were so contrived and out of place they were just plain silly. I expected it to be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Is Neil Breen a Quanon guy? All of his movies seem to center around him singlehandedly taking out elites and canals of bankers

I doubt it’s confirmed one way or the other, but I would assume so.

A ridiculous, narcissistic, geriatric with fake hair - I mean, c’mon.

Lindell/Breen 2024 :smuggo:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
the only thing I know about breen (from a theatre manager who's dealt with him) is that he's sincere about his movies. he isn't trying to make weird garbage, he's just a natural at it.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Hehe they call it lightning fast VCR repair but it takes them a really long time.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
breen is an old school conspiracy guy and probably a libertarian

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Galewolf posted:

Lmao the final F&F9 trailer is extremely proclick if you want to LOL.

https://youtu.be/uiQB9nnbc9k

Building your trailer around a speech begging you to go the movies again is certainly a strategy.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Origami Dali posted:

breen is an old school conspiracy guy and probably a libertarian

Breen seems like that certain kind of crazy that pulls ideas from every part of the political spectrum

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Communist Walrus posted:

Breen seems like that certain kind of crazy that pulls ideas from every part of the political spectrum

aka uncle politics

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I feel like breen is transhumanist because all of his films seem to boil down to “thus spoke Zarathustra”

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Someone do an MP4 of Vin at 0:40 saying “Da MOOBIES”

poisonpill fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 25, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love Vin. If you told me he was an alien who crashlanded on earth and somehow ended up in films, I would 100% believe you.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’m much more in the “Twelve year old boy who was suddenly aged up to a muscled man by opening a magic tablet” theory

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

poisonpill posted:

I’m much more in the “Twelve year old boy who was suddenly aged up to a muscled man by opening a magic tablet” theory

is part of the magic that he's mentally locked at twelve years old for the rest of his life?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Tip posted:

is part of the magic that he's mentally locked at twelve years old for the rest of his life?

He’ll be free of the curse once he cultivates the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles, and the speed of Mercury.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tip posted:

I mean it clearly is

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Tip posted:

would explain his love of action figures

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Most Vin Diesel movies are like vanity projects but he doesn't write, direct or produce any of them. He's magical.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Vin diesel used his fast and furious money to start a videogame studio specifically to put himself in videogames.

This man has life figured out

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Galewolf posted:

Lmao the final F&F9 trailer is extremely proclick if you want to LOL.

https://youtu.be/uiQB9nnbc9k

"There's nothing like that moment when the lights go down, the projector ignites... and we believe."

(Trailer proceeds to show something truly unbelievable. The "holy poo poo this is so stupid" kind of unbelievable.)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Is Neil Breen a Quanon guy? All of his movies seem to center around him singlehandedly taking out elites and canals of bankers

I think he has just taken the Boomer Libertarian logic of "everyone who had any form of power over me in any way must be evil" to its ultimate conclusion.

It's "gently caress you, Dad!" for 60 years olds.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Meat Wagon posted:

Most Vin Diesel movies are like vanity projects but he doesn't write, direct or produce any of them. He's magical.

he produces like everything

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0004874/filmotype/producer?ref_=m_nmfm_1

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

There's a lot of overlap but I don't think Breen's crazy is that specific or focused. I also don't think he has the guile in him to not just straight up use Q memes in his films if that's what he believes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i definitely would not want the projector igniting in my cinema tbqh but that's just me

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Andro Dunos posted:

It was interesting visually but it was pretty underwhelming, and the action scenes with the moon buggy chase and the baboon attack were so contrived and out of place they were just plain silly. I expected it to be better.

All this is true plus the earth threatening antimatter powered transmitter is this dinky little thing and I just can't buy it

The whole thing is silly

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Oh I didn't know that. Vin owns.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Meat Wagon posted:

Oh I didn't know that. Vin owns.

Yeah, he managed to pull off the Will Smith thing where he produces everything he's in and brings in his own personal writers to do script punch-ups and make sure it fits his persona. I don't quite know how he managed to achieve that level of empire-building when he's a (comparatively) minor star.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Are you saying that the man who played Xander Cage, the 21st century James Bond, isn't an A-list celebrity?

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

The Protagonist posted:

All this is true plus the earth threatening antimatter powered transmitter is this dinky little thing and I just can't buy it

The whole thing is silly

Yeah the whole motivation for the plot is pretty bad science. In a better movie, like Sunshine for example, I can buy into it, but not here.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Breen was almost certainly a Lyndon LaRouche guy.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Multi Facial is extremely good and he wrote produced starred in and directed it himself

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Vin was in neither sequel to Fast and a furious nor xXx yet he somehow managed to work his way back into stardom. Absolute GOAT and only confirms the magic spell theory imho

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

It's the Oscars tonight? What the gently caress?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The best Vin Diesel thing is Wheelman, a janky GTA-like video game based on a movie that never got made.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

mallratcal posted:

I am in the vicinity of Tinsel Town and I can safely say the Stars Are Out

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

mallratcal posted:

Who will win this year? Mank? Nomadland? Or The Trial of the Chicago 7? It will be a night full of surprises as nobody has actually seen any of the nominated movies!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Watch Father (with Olivia Colman). It's good.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Watch Father (with Olivia Colman). It's good.

Does she play the Father?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Trial 7 will get an award because they want to sork in aarons dick

Judas wont even get mentioned because its scary and involves cops killing people (and not even looking sad about it)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the academy:
https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1087143660389466112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Stink Billyums posted:

Who will win this year? Mank? Nomadland? Or The Trial of the Chicago 7? It will be a night full of surprises as nobody has actually seen any of the nominated movies!

I could have sworn Nomadland won a couple months ago.