Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Straight kicking is good football imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I think it's nice that Hawthorn and Crows have the same number of scoring shots, and yet...

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
10 goals from 14 inside 50s in a quarter lol

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Oh no, the Crows kicked a behind.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
hobart saints

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

Straight kicking is good football imo

Also kicking goals in the second half is good football

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well that stunk

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Annoying for the Crows to have lost that match but this year isn't really about winning anyway. Nice to see Riley Thilthorpe kick five goals on debut!

However, the Crows using a clearly injured Tom Lynch as the medical sub, and then not even having him ready to go on the bench, is absolutely unacceptable. For those who didn't see it, Will Hamill did his ankle, took ages to be helped up and carried off the ground. At that point they obviously decided to activate the sub, at which point it became clear that Lynch wasn't even in his proper outfit, hadn't been taped up yet, and hadn't even started warming up! And even then, when he did finally get on the ground it was clear he couldn't even run at full pace. After the match they straight up admitted that they were hoping he wouldn't need to play because he was injured! Well why did you pick him as your medical sub then?! Unfathomably bad decision. I feel like the club should get fined by the AFL for that poo poo.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 25, 2021

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

cmndstab posted:

Annoying for the Crows to have lost that match but this year isn't really about winning anyway. Nice to see Riley Thilthorpe kick five goals on debut!

However, the Crows using a clearly injured Tom Lynch as the medical sub, and then not even having him ready to go on the bench, is absolutely unacceptable. For those who didn't see it, Will Hamill did his ankle, took ages to be helped up and carried off the ground. At that point they obviously decided to activate the sub, at which point it became clear that Lynch wasn't even in his proper outfit, hadn't been taped up yet, and hadn't even started warming up! And even then, when he did finally get on the ground it was clear he couldn't even run at full pace. After the match they straight up admitted that they were hoping he wouldn't need to play because he was injured! Well why did you pick him as your medical sub then?! Unfathomably bad decision. I feel like the club should get fined by the AFL for that poo poo.

What the actual gently caress

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yeah that sounds extremely bad.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Legit, I'm not even exaggerating:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/d...05f3b47e1322004

The injury occurred in the third quarter, by the time the fourth quarter started Lynch still wasn't ready to go. We started with the quarter with three players on the bench.

We were 20 points up when Hamill got injured.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I like footy this week

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I couldn’t get onto the forums but yeah the crows going full amateur hour with the medical sub almost certainly handed us the game

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the forums downtime meant less time yelling about the Saints getting pumped on here :smith:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’ve followed Melbourne for 34 years and the Adelaide tom lynch thing is still possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen a football club do :psyduck:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

But what would the reasoning be behind putting a not-fit Lynch as the medical sub if you didn't intend him to play? To gift him an extra game on his stats sheet?

Because even if you were not planning on using the medical sub, it's no skin off your nose, and might actually be useful to chuck a kid from the seconds on there who would be able to actually play should worse come to worse and somebody gets hurt. Rather than an injured man who was not able to play properly.

It is stupid yes, but I also can't see what they were trying to achieve.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think it is because they wanted the other kids to play games in the sanfl rather than travel to Launceston

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Yes, exactly. Apparently we haven't activated the medical sub once in the last four weeks, so that player just ends up missing out on a game altogether. So I guess they figured, gently caress it, let's just put Tom Lynch in since he's not going to play SANFL this weekend due to injury. Then we'll just not activate him and all is well!

Except that completely disregards the possibility than an injury might occur, which is out of your control.

Also, even if that was the plan, either they were going to let him take the field or they weren't. If they were going to, why not at least have his drat kit on? The whole thing boggles my mind.

And even with all of that said, it's not as though they couldn't have someone play SANFL and then also line up as the medical sub. Or is there a rule against that? They had Chayce Jones as the travelling emergency even though he played SANFL, so clearly that is allowed. Are the rules for the medical sub different?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don’t think so. So they had another option and used the injured lynch. That makes it even more ridiculous.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Apparently there’s a SANFL rule prohibiting it rather than an AFL rule, and I think it’s adorable the degree to which the SANFL seem to keep thinking they’re something more than a feeder league for the national comp.

Even with that dumb SANFL rule though, surely you rotate the medical sub role between a few promising players that didn’t make the cut so they’re playing in the SANFL 4 weeks out of every 5 and go as the sub the other week.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Or else just do what we've been doing and use the least-performing senior player in that role. Someone like David Mackay, who doesn't have anything to prove at SANFL level anymore and would probably even benefit from a week off playing.

Hell, Tom Lynch himself would have been a good candidate if he wasn't, you know, injured.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

harperdc posted:

the forums downtime meant less time yelling about the Saints getting pumped on here :smith:

Just pathetic really, what more can you say that we've already said. They're just not into it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

cmndstab posted:

Yes, exactly. Apparently we haven't activated the medical sub once in the last four weeks, so that player just ends up missing out on a game altogether. So I guess they figured, gently caress it, let's just put Tom Lynch in since he's not going to play SANFL this weekend due to injury. Then we'll just not activate him and all is well!

Except that completely disregards the possibility that an injury might occur, which is out of your control.

'Play stupid games, win stupid prizes,' but the amazing thing is that he wasn't even ready or prepared. you'd think that would be a requirement.

ewe2 posted:

Just pathetic really, what more can you say that we've already said. They're just not into it.

almost to 'members card in the microwaves' stuff and it's not even May. can't believe Paddy Ryder means that much to the Saints, ffs.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

ewe2 posted:

It just makes no sense going from the all in team based ferocity of the last half of the west coast game to just looking disinterested and disorganised across the board.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

This is a really hard round to tip

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Imagine if Casey could kick straight

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

This is a really hard round to tip

Tip North and flip a coin for the rest

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solemn Sloth posted:

Tip North and flip a coin for the rest

*squints at ladder* this feels like a trap

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If Freo lose an 11th derby in a row do they get subsumed into Outworld?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Glouftsis is the emergency umpire so I don’t think she is microphoned up. It’s surprising how much of an effect not having her be audible (the whistle in particular) makes on the legibility of the game on TV

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Right, well, the Dogs clearly just decided to give up at half time

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gently caress they didn’t even lose enough % to let us be top of the ladder for a day

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Solemn Sloth posted:

If Freo lose an 11th derby in a row do they get subsumed into Outworld?

My concern is that Freo kick 4.25.49 to WC’s 7.8.50 or some nonsense like that

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pies cheer squad in mid-season form

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1388336596542386177

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Most one sided display of maggoting I've seen in a while

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

A giants defender was just tackled in a 180, tried to run out of the tackle, dropped the ball on the ground, then soccered it to the boundary line, play on

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lollingwood

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 1, 2021

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

:hmmyes:

Also Sainterrrrssss

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Who had the Crows being bent over by 11 goals at home by the Giants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Uhhhhh the good Saints showed up :pusheen: