Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this post was a now deleted tweet about mark carano stealing wwe title belts and hiding them under his bed

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also Nathan Jones was Reiko apparently

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/pinkysimovitch/status/1386093460571136002

This guy hosed up alot of people

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Chris James 2 posted:

Also Nathan Jones was Reiko apparently

Out of all the characters they bring back Reiko?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lid posted:

Out of all the characters they bring back Reiko?

They brought back loving NITARA.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vandar posted:

They brought back loving NITARA.

Good

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Reekkkk23/status/1386123692883730435

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

The Reddit thread on the subject is pretty damning. I knew it had gotten bad on Smackdown but seeing it in numbers puts it into perspective.

Gotta have 4 Roman segments a show though.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A question re: the WWE backstage firings. Mark Carrano et al.

Are these people Employees, or are they also Independent Contractors like the wrestlers? Do they need to give these people 2 weeks notice etc. What about Superannuation, and Insurance and all that kind of good stuff. What happens to that when they are summarily fired by WWE? Whilst I probably already know the answer, how bad are US labour laws on stuff like this?

Relatedly, I also like the "Well we fired this one guy, so the sending ex wrestlers their stuff in garbage bags will now stop." Like it was the job of one executive to say how and in what way to send back ex employeesindependent contractors personal effects. And now he is retired, whatever he was doing to personally put the stuff in garbage bags will now stop, and they will be sent first class post in a velvet lined presentation cabinet. Because even being exceptionally generous to the WWE, and it was an oversight and not a pointed act of petty meanness, it still shows a huge lack of respect that after however many years of service, they still just clear out your locker into a bag and post it to you without any sort of explanation or regard.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

A question re: the WWE backstage firings. Mark Carrano et al.

Are these people Employees, or are they also Independent Contractors like the wrestlers? Do they need to give these people 2 weeks notice etc. What about Superannuation, and Insurance and all that kind of good stuff. What happens to that when they are summarily fired by WWE? Whilst I probably already know the answer, how bad are US labour laws on stuff like this?

Relatedly, I also like the "Well we fired this one guy, so the sending ex wrestlers their stuff in garbage bags will now stop." Like it was the job of one executive to say how and in what way to send back ex employeesindependent contractors personal effects. And now he is retired, whatever he was doing to personally put the stuff in garbage bags will now stop, and they will be sent first class post in a velvet lined presentation cabinet. Because even being exceptionally generous to the WWE, and it was an oversight and not a pointed act of petty meanness, it still shows a huge lack of respect that after however many years of service, they still just clear out your locker into a bag and post it to you without any sort of explanation or regard.

They're employees and WWE is based in Connecticut which is what's called an "at-will" state which basically means they can fire you at any time for any non-federally protected reason.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/PlatinumACV1/status/1386133746726969351

This is a funny statistic. And when I say funny I mean completely loving damning.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
But look how good the production is at timing their segments out. Great work from the guys in the truck. If those matches had gone 2:40 Kevin Dunn would have had a fit

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Devote at least 6 minutes a show to Nia Jax screaming “my hole”

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Pylons posted:

They're employees and WWE is based in Connecticut which is what's called an "at-will" state which basically means they can fire you at any time for any non-federally protected reason.

It’s not but it wouldn’t surprise me if this was a factor in why wwe is based in that state.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

TV Zombie posted:

It’s not but it wouldn’t surprise me if this was a factor in why wwe is based in that state.

people get this confused a lot but pretty much all private employment in the united states is 'at-will'. the exceptions that exist to this (which do vary from state to state) are for things like "you got fired because you uncovered a criminal act by your boss", or "you got fired because you disobeyed an order to do something that would have broken a law", etc.

the thing that's bad is 'right to work' laws, which prohibit union closed shops

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

That applies to 49 out of 50 states.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
People never seem to quite get that you can be fired for something like being pregnant as long as they don’t say it’s because you’re pregnant.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TV Zombie posted:

The state many corporations are (nominally, at least) incorporated in is Delaware, and this is for two reasons. First, a company established in Delaware (even if their headquarters are anywhere else) is exempt from paying state income taxes as long as it does not conduct business within the state; this is a massive boon to companies and essentially allows them to use the state as a tax haven. The second reason is that Delaware's laws--and, by extension, its Court of Chancery--are extremely friendly to corporations, with very few regulations and laws governing corporate behavior. Cases are also heard by a judge, as opposed to jury trials, and they tend to favor the corporation. This is why something like 68 percent of Fortune 500 companies and the majority of companies in general (including a bunch of WWE subsidiaries) are incorporated in Delaware.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://overcast.fm/+Lti8kaT_s/14:26 The roast of the fiend just dropped and it’s a doozy.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Golden Bee posted:

https://overcast.fm/+Lti8kaT_s/14:26 The roast of the fiend just dropped and it’s a doozy.

that sure is a lot of fat jokes

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Are they just reading Youtube comments?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Procrastinator posted:

that sure is a lot of fat jokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Golden Bee posted:

I ought to roast you for posting that and destroying roughly 60 seconds of my life.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

I ought to roast you for posting that and destroying roughly 60 seconds of my life.

Go for it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SonicRulez posted:

I listened all the way to everyone getting real excited for a "Jew" joke. So that's on me, really.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Truly dedicated scholars of The Lore of the Fiend listen to hours and hours of lovely hateful comedy hoping to glean new insights into their religion.

They start with the full Andrew Dice Clay catalog and work their way up to SoundCloud rappers. You must destroy your mind to become one with The Fiend.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I listened all the way to everyone getting real excited for a "Jew" joke. So that's on me, really.

As a Jew I liked that one the most 🤷🏻.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Golden Bee posted:

You did it, you found the one thing worse than WWE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

That applies to 49 out of 50 states.

And the 1 is really just an asterisk.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://streamable.com/zvxota

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I know I've seen this before but gently caress this whole thing is horrifying.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That podcast that got posted is a great example of why not everyone should be allowed to start a podcast

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

This loving sucks

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

I know I've seen this before but gently caress this whole thing is horrifying.

I never have, and jesus that head snap.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Jesus that sound is awful

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I never have, and jesus that head snap.

same here. They’re not supposed to bounce like that :stonk:

e: ^^^ like a fumbled melon thudding to the floor, Christ it’s just gnarly all around aaaaa

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 25, 2021

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

SonicRulez posted:

All of it is. The sound and the whip of the head and the second thud. Dude was seriously lucky it wasn't worse. That was a crazy spot to take on concrete.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I had forgotten that sound. I remember how everyone was talking about how miz was an afterthought between Cena and The Rock.

Honestly, Miz and WWE were extremely lucky that this was not worse.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I just wonder "who the gently caress OK'd that spot?" Jesus gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

What are you talking about this seems mixed fin- OH :stonk: