Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Honestly I think I ended up with about 90 hours in 0 and absolutely didn't 100% it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Same though I did spend a lot of time getting ridiculously overpowered for the Cabaret Club final and then ages at the batting centre

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Oh yeah I kind of forgot the amount of time I spent zoning out doing cabaret club

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hope haruka learned a valuable lesson watching me use cheat items to steal money from people at gambling parlors

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im eating takoyaki at the takoyaki and alchohol stand over and over again in kiwami and now i want to eat takoyaki. ive never tried it but its probably really good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

takoyaki pwns, it's so tasty

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

im eating takoyaki at the takoyaki and alchohol stand over and over again in kiwami and now i want to eat takoyaki. ive never tried it but its probably really good

its so good. how much i eat it and sushi etc. skyrockets when i play these games lol.

starting yakuza 6 tomorrow.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i might never leave chapter 2 sotenobori. it's too peaceful just playing golf, gambling, playing old sega games, and storing up piss.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

mycophobia posted:

It's amazing. Very hearty and rich so I love it in the winter but it's good anytime. Might get some tomorrow

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

http://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/20210507/enus/

judgment day, may 7th

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

I'm at the takoyaki stand. I'm at the alcohol stand. I'm at the combination takoyaki and alcohol stand

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

huh, cool. do those in the know think this is a judgement remake or a sequel?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'm at the takoyaki stand. I'm at the alcohol stand. I'm at the combination takoyaki and alcohol stand

lol

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

It does look like Kiryu in that video but he doesn’t feature in the original game at all. All the talk at the moment is about the nextgen remaster.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

The PS5 version of Judgment just came out today so it seems like maybe a sequel or expansion?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the judgement remaster upgrade came out today for ps5, xbox series x, and stadia. i’m gonna guess it’s a sequel

i downloaded judgement for ps4 but haven’t played it yet, but i will eventually

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m debating with myself about whether to get the remaster, the game barely looks any different and the realistic lighting is actually less striking than the high contrast shadowy look of the original but apparently the performance upgrades are really good and go beyond what just playing the PS4 version on the PS5 hardware gets you. The reviews I’m seeing say that combat feels a lot more fast-paced and exciting at a solid 60 FPS.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

awesome. I'm going to have two more games to play.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'll probably get the remaster because I never got that far into the game on PS4 and it's only $40.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

might buy a ps5 for judgement and the ffvii upgrade

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

might buy a ps5 for judgement and the ffvii upgrade

I was going to get one as a reward for finishing yakuza 6 when I get there.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i ordered takoyaki for lunch as my kiwami 1 reward. is it me or is the karaoke way easier in kiwami 2? i've hit three of them on my first try which was uh... definitely NOT the case in 0 or k1.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

judgment just re-released on new platforms and drat I hope it's on pc soon, I need to play that game

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the pocket circuit fighter's wife is such a piece of poo poo... he deserves better

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dongicus posted:

the pocket circuit fighter's wife is such a piece of poo poo... he deserves better

He should kill her imo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I love that kiryu pictures himself looking at a picture of pocket circuit fighter and crying into a whiskey during the sad karaoke song in k1

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

He should kill her imo

absolutely.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I love that kiryu pictures himself looking at a picture of pocket circuit fighter and crying into a whiskey during the sad karaoke song in k1

this lol

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Finding out who's in the picture in Baka Mitai every game is something I really looked forward to every time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Baka Mitai ftw

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://open.spotify.com/artist/4heOppKuS6ACSzHTuA3040?si=tX0vMsaaQ5q9q6tj_Lc8rA takaya kuroda ftw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

relieved that I could lose virtua fighter and still complete the rich dude substory bc the arcade games in kiwami 2 are a total and complete loving mystery to me. I showed that golf guy who was boss though. could only play until like 11 last night. I'm glad I finished the horny wind toylet game before the fever hit or the dream thread would be getting some nightmares

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

the judgement remaster upgrade came out today for ps5, xbox series x, and stadia. i’m gonna guess it’s a sequel

i downloaded judgement for ps4 but haven’t played it yet, but i will eventually

why did they release it on the stadia instead of steam. gently caress you!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

relieved that I could lose virtua fighter and still complete the rich dude substory bc the arcade games in kiwami 2 are a total and complete loving mystery to me. I showed that golf guy who was boss though. could only play until like 11 last night. I'm glad I finished the horny wind toylet game before the fever hit or the dream thread would be getting some nightmares

I had completely forgotten about toylet and was quite happy that way

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i only did the first tutorial thing with the cabaret club in kiwami 2 and it already feels like coming home.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Koyuki ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yakuza 6 starting out strong. also appreciate you get a bunch of good moves right away, it felt like kiwami 2 locked the coolest stuff for the endgame. the baseball minigame in this is good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Got to the big plot twist at the end of Tanimura's story in 4 and I want to kill myself

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

virtual on is baffling

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Virtual On was cool in arcades kind of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the ending in 5 kicks so much rear end