Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I definitely lost the "cancel culture" bet and I would not have gone for the "state laws making it legal to run over protesters" direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Data Graham posted:

I definitely lost the "cancel culture" bet and I would not have gone for the "state laws making it legal to run over protesters" direction

There were more than a couple slides devoted to it during the breaks

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Yeah they had quotes from wise sage Larry the Cable Guy regarding cancel culture

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The most important thing I learned from the special - Al Pacino has fast hands when it comes to signing autographs. FAST HANDS!

HOO AH

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/117839290796343297/836268482286977035/hoo_ha.mp4

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm not sure what's crazier, the special ending with Gregg killing another person or the actual Oscars ending with a NFT for Chadwick Boseman

obviously its the Mank snub.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Laroux is fine

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Incredible special, I loved Gregg just being fed up with everything.

I'm assuming that the HEI feed cutting out for a couple of seconds at the end was intentional to avoid having to try and film a live stunt of a POV shot of someone getting run over by a car.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
cliff notes version of what happened last night? can't justify a ticket at the moment and im dying to know

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

g-c posted:

cliff notes version of what happened last night? can't justify a ticket at the moment and im dying to know

Some movies went home with oscar gold but many more did not

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

g-c posted:

Mister Movies accidentally did all his movie research on the 2020 Oscar nominees, not 2021, so Tim brought Gregg on the show to pinch hit. Then, Tim tried to convince Gregg to gamble for control of the VFA. Gregg decided to leave the show and Tim tried to have Larue detain him, leading to Gregg running over Larue with the Mobile VFA.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
In writing that out I realize now how similar OCATC and professional wrestling are.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

And tim drank half of a travel mug full of chowder, peppermint schnapps, and a vaccine-attacking powder mix

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Nothing wrong with a little Hot 'N Heavy to block the VAXX

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Amazing how the Mobile VFA has a body count. Pastor Lewis was absolutely correct to leave as soon as she found out Gregg was there.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

And tim drank half of a travel mug full of chowder, peppermint schnapps, and a vaccine-attacking powder mix

his face after every drink was great

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Ingmar terdman posted:

the vaxx block powder was just incredible lmao

Great show overall, I know things got a little hosed at the end but it was still excellent.

HOOO AHHH!

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
idk how long this'll be left up but it looks like they accidentally (??) left a dress rehearsal up

https://www.heinetwork.tv/saturday-test-7/

someone cut out this interesting clip, explaining why Pastor Lewis didn't appear

https://streamable.com/dnjrah

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

lol, that's interesting. They did a good job of explaining her disappearance and still advancing stuff, such as her and Tim working on a book together about their seven minutes in heaven.

Also, I'm glad Mark is safe under the stewardship of his brothers. I can't pretend I'm not sad he doesn't want to be part of the VFW, but the man has given us so much already.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
yeah kind of felt like Tim & the Pastor making some kind of deal in the afterlife was gonna be a big plot point that they just sorta handwaved away

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Whoa, neat

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Wow excellent catch whomever

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Anonymous Robot posted:

Mister Movies accidentally did all his movie research on the 2020 Oscar nominees, not 2021, so Tim brought Gregg on the show to pinch hit. Then, Tim tried to convince Gregg to gamble for control of the VFA. Gregg decided to leave the show and Tim tried to have Larue detain him, leading to Gregg running over Larue with the Mobile VFA.

gently caress. amazing

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love that Gregg and Manuel are low key friends

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Real Tim and Gregg sitting on the set quietly hashing things out is extremely my poo poo

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/TimHeadAdvocate/status/1386664457074483203

:hmmyes:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tato posted:

Also, I'm glad Mark is safe under the stewardship of his brothers. I can't pretend I'm not sad he doesn't want to be part of the VFW, but the man has given us so much already.

Speaking of Mark, looking at his Twitter it seems like he has a genuine love of W.C. Fields and took a lot of inspiration from him when getting into comedy, and the whole bit on On Cinema came out of that.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

its very strange that out of the 4 or 5 shows I legitimately follow, three of them (On Cinema, Better Call Saul, and What We Do in the Shadows) all contain Mark Proksch

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

JAMOOOL posted:

its very strange that out of the 4 or 5 shows I legitimately follow, three of them (On Cinema, Better Call Saul, and What We Do in the Shadows) all contain Mark Proksch

What's hilarious is that my first memory of him was posted on these very forums in like 2005(? may be off on time) when he was going around tricking midwest news stations in to thinking he was a loving yo-yo champion but then talking about his recent divorces and various stupid problems instead.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

nuketulsa posted:

What's hilarious is that my first memory of him was posted on these very forums in like 2005(? may be off on time) when he was going around tricking midwest news stations in to thinking he was a loving yo-yo champion but then talking about his recent divorces and various stupid problems instead.

Yeah, same here. When he showed up on The Office a few years later, it felt really surreal, like the internet was crossing over into reality.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

haha yeah I think I found out about that through SA as well and didn't even realize until recently it was the same guy. I still think the parts where he demos his "yo-yo tricks" on live TV in front of a baffled local news anchor is one of the funniest things a human being has ever done

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/axiaofficial/status/1386547824045682692

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

nuketulsa posted:

His yo-yo character is what got him noticed by Tim and Eric and they immediately sought him out.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

that footage from the dress rehearsal is neat. i liked gregg's story about his neighbor's house being attacked by birds

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

JAMOOOL posted:

yeah kind of felt like Tim & the Pastor making some kind of deal in the afterlife was gonna be a big plot point that they just sorta handwaved away

I feel like they've thrown a lot of balls in the air and it'll be interesting to see which ones they catch.

https://twitter.com/jeddybutcoolnow/status/1386515062354071553?s=20

aw man, the rehearsal is gone. I wanted to see real Tim and real Gregg interact

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
dang, i never finished watching gregg's stream and now it's gone private :( :(

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/skippyklein/status/1385362048511528963?s=20

Ingmar terdman