Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

lol I can’t believe this loser’s webcomic has lasted 3 presidencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

lol I can’t believe this loser’s webcomic has lasted 3 presidencies.

And achewood is dead in the ground :bahgawd:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
"Hey mind if I press my entire body weight onto your neck for about nine and a half minutes?"

"Wouldn't that be painful and make it difficult to breathe?"

"No, no - right wing media figures say it's harmless!"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"it was a complete coincidence that he happened to die of a drug overdose right when he was being suffocated by a cop's knee on his neck" is perhaps the dumbest argument possible so of course that's the one people have attached themselves to

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
this is like, poo poo you have to pay a lot extra for at the massage parlor it is like getting 3 massages at once

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

get high on fentanyl, have 3 giant meathead cops kneel on you :swoon:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

loquacius posted:

"it was a complete coincidence that he happened to die of a drug overdose right when he was being suffocated by a cop's knee on his neck" is perhaps the dumbest argument possible so of course that's the one people have attached themselves to

any of the 'explanations' would be equally erroneous. none of them actually believe the poo poo they say, they don't have to when the only purpose behind all of this rhetorical rigamarole is to provide a plausible cover for the genocidal impulse that serves as the lifeblood of the right. the corporate and managerial right's biggest problem with the conviction next to the semblance of (extremely limited) accountability is that for all their attempts to move past this, they can't actually, fully handle their core's desire to cull the unclean. everything is pretense, irrespective of plausibility, and when that pretense fails to yield fruit, the implicit becomes explicit.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
A person can be actively and imminently dying, and it is still be murder to hasten their demise.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah a common Fox News type defense of Chauvin was "would George Floyd still be alive today etc" when more correctly it's "would George Floyd have been alive one minute longer had Derek Chauvin not done what he did"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
one second of googling reveals Countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions_world_map.png

hmm yes

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

yikes

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

one second of googling reveals Countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions_world_map.png

hmm yes

Dude clearly didn't Google what India's leader looks like either

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

artist # 1: implicitly racist cartoon

artist # 2: explicitly racist cartoon

racist cartoons back to back: who HOAH nelly hooly dooly this is some BAD poo poo holmes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If the system is racist, how do you explain this one highly-publicized instance of an individual person going to jail for a murder he was recorded committing

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

People may say Stonetoss is an "actual nazi", but Jinjerzilla is an actual actual nazi. That's rather tame compared to the rest of his oeuvre.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

If the system is racist, how do you explain this one highly-publicized instance of an individual person going to jail for a murder he was recorded committing
I was going to go for a more general “if (centuries long statistical trend) why (single event that is the opposite of the trend)”

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

It's clear you like the hard stuff, bröther.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Ogantai posted:

People may say Stonetoss is an "actual nazi", but Jinjerzilla is an actual actual nazi. That's rather tame compared to the rest of his oeuvre.

That was a ROUGH click. Wheeew.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

TheWeepingHorse posted:

That was a ROUGH click. Wheeew.

man, there's whatever thinly-veiled fashy stuff stonetoss does, and then there's drawing yourself on the weight bench being spotted by hitler

good lord

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Ogantai posted:

Wow this dude really loves Watto

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Has literally nobody heard the second half of this phrase?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ogantai posted:

I'm surprised he's anti-abortion, right wingers love to say "Margaret Sanger was a racist and a eugenicist!" and concern troll about minorities getting abortions as "the real genocide." You'd think he'd be 100% on board with that. I guess it's because white people can get them too.

But yeah, goddamn, Stonetoss loves to use the dogwhistle but this dude is using a loving foghorn.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

If A. Wyatt Mann had a webcomic.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

If A. Wyatt Mann had a webcomic.

wan’t there an interview with the real A. Wyatt Mann that was like, “yeah, I drew that stuff ironically and now I can’t find a job”?

lmao owned, loser.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

wan’t there an interview with the real A. Wyatt Mann that was like, “yeah, I drew that stuff ironically and now I can’t find a job”?

lmao owned, loser.

There's a certain gray-ish area where idiots and racists could buy or use that excuse, but A. Wyatt Mann's cartoons are way, way, way outside that zone

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I'm glad that nazi in the cartoon went to jail.

(the cartoon left out the multitudinous crimes he committed)

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AGC

what Ben isn't saying of course is that he thinks the solution to the Border Crisis is that we should Build The Wall

see, because, then, all of the refugees will show up at our border, see there is a wall there, shrug, turn around, and go back home to their birth countries, where all of the problems that caused them to leave in the first place will seem totally fine and easy to deal with compared to the presence of a wall at the US border

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

like, "what do you think we should be doing instead" is a bullshit deflection when asked by The Libs, but it's a valid one to ask chuds because we all know their answer is "wall will fix" which is idiotic

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm glad that nazi in the cartoon went to jail.

(the cartoon left out the multitudinous crimes he committed)

Yeah all of these chud Chauvin takes do seem to be uncommonly cavalier about the part of the story where Floyd begged for his life and Chauvin ignored him, followed by the part where he died because Chauvin killed him

i dunno it seems like a pretty important part of the story but they're more focused on the part where Chauvin is found guilty of murder for some reason :thunk: (it's because that's the part they're afraid of having happen to them)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

loquacius posted:

i dunno it seems like a pretty important part of the story but they're more focused on the part where Chauvin is found guilty of murder for some reason :thunk: (it's because that's the part they're afraid of having happen to them)

It's not that they're afraid of having it happen to them, it's that they're happy a black man is dead because they're racist fucks who think all black men are criminals who should be killed. I've seen plenty of Freep and Fox News posts saying that "Chauvin did the world a service."

They can't admit that to anyone outside their right wing echo chambers though which is why they had to make up poo poo about how Floyd was doped up and just happened to coincidentally have a heart attack after Chauvin was just innocently kneeling on his windpipe for ten minutes, clearly Chauvin did nothing wrong.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
a timeline of Conservative Takes on George Floyd would be crazy, IIRC "China killed Floyd" was a thing for about a half day, quite possibly offered up by Scott Adams.

heck even a liberal timeline would be neat, some psycho seriously intuited that ЯЏSSЇД had infiltrated that police department to sow discord in America

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
the "he was ODing on fentanyl" talking points are funny because that's not how a drug overdose on an opiod works

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

spacemang_spliff posted:

the "he was ODing on fentanyl" talking points are funny because that's not how a drug overdose on an opiod works

You mean taking opioids doesn't summon a cop to kneel on your neck?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fentanyl actually makes your neck stronger and makes you not need oxygen to live but then you spontaneously combust or something I'm not sure

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If you're a paraplegic and have Mr. Glass disease, and a cop attempts to restrain you by slamming you into the ground repeatedly, and you die from all your bones shattering on impact, then technically what killed you is Mr. Glass disease, not the cop, who is blameless and was just doing his job

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

Fentanyl actually makes your neck stronger and makes you not need oxygen to live but then you spontaneously combust or something I'm not sure

After you break open the fentanyl vial, your power explodes exponentially, but you lose all of your quincy abilities when it wears off.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

If you're a paraplegic and have Mr. Glass disease, and a cop attempts to restrain you by slamming you into the ground repeatedly, and you die from all your bones shattering on impact, then technically what killed you is Mr. Glass disease, not the cop, who is blameless and was just doing his job

the suspect died with excessive violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

There's a certain gray-ish area where idiots and racists could buy or use that excuse, but A. Wyatt Mann's cartoons are way, way, way outside that zone

yeah that's more "poo poo I can't get a job now" --> "Uh I was just doing it ironically"