Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I don’t think voodoo reveals that as scum and rfs response also seems towny. I like mr f for lurking scum but if we lunch him and he flips town we will learn nothing from thst. I would vote Dgk instead.

Here’s my town list or people I will not vote
Me
Bif
Merk
Sandwolf
Voodoo
Rf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Retro Futurist posted:

I discouraged voodoo from claiming and we talked it back and forth a bit, so this very much adds to my ~bad vibes~

Yeah this is what I left out because I figured it was RFs right to say he was against it and with mags MIA I couldn’t just say “someone” without outing RF.

I still think people should at least be looking at random.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Voodoofly posted:

Also, I brought this up in mason chat and :

We have a power that all living masons have to be in agreement to use (as in we would have to pick the action and target, etc). I don't think it's helpful to get into the specifics on it, but it doesn't appear to turn off unless all three of us are dead. If one or more of us is scum then they already know about the role. If all three of us are town then scum have to kill three of us to turn off one power role. So if the scum want to try and stop it or kill all us off to prevent it, or just kill off the town members to take control of it, it's probably not a bad trade.

I just think we need to be held accountable for it, especially if scum are able to wrestle control. I figure it's just as likely that none of us are scum, that one of us are scum, or that two of us are scum, but if one or more of us is scum then this way they can't just use the role without any accountability.

drat I like this, its a cool mechanic

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I know im going to instantly die for saying this because that's just how this game is but the push on DKG feel mushy like a push on town that scum are Okay with jumping on. (yes, this is when MERK says 'GODDAMIT SEE HOW HARD IT IS YOU ALREADY WANNA UNVOTE AND ARE SOFT DEFENDING HIM)

Sandwolf imo, does do a lot of weird probing as town and he usually wants to figure out the night action game before the thread naturally gets to that point. I've seen it before and noted 'SCUMMY SANDWOLF PROBES', in other games when he turns out to be town. SO I'm not really picking it up Bif, though I think your concern is legitimate.

I think I've totally flipped my position on my imaginary binary of scum on my vote earlier, I think that if DGK is acting like resigned scum it is buying me over, and other people have correctly articulated how I feel about Random and also say its scummy so I am partial to that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t think voodoo reveals that as scum and rfs response also seems towny. I like mr f for lurking scum but if we lunch him and he flips town we will learn nothing from thst. I would vote Dgk instead.

You can always learn something if you look hard enough. I'll save my examples for mason chat though so I don't spoil scum on what I'd be looking for, haha

##vote Mr. F

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I know im going to instantly die for saying this because that's just how this game is but the push on DKG feel mushy like a push on town that scum are Okay with jumping on. (yes, this is when MERK says 'GODDAMIT SEE HOW HARD IT IS YOU ALREADY WANNA UNVOTE AND ARE SOFT DEFENDING HIM)

Sandwolf imo, does do a lot of weird probing as town and he usually wants to figure out the night action game before the thread naturally gets to that point. I've seen it before and noted 'SCUMMY SANDWOLF PROBES', in other games when he turns out to be town. SO I'm not really picking it up Bif, though I think your concern is legitimate.

I think I've totally flipped my position on my imaginary binary of scum on my vote earlier, I think that if DGK is acting like resigned scum it is buying me over, and other people have correctly articulated how I feel about Random and also say its scummy so I am partial to that.

*then he's been successful and I've always been uncomfortable pushing resigned players (lunching voodoo while he was scum was scary to me to reference a game from a few months ago)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I haven't weighed in on random yet but I didn't think his posts sounded bad to me. If anything, it felt like people were maybe tying to steer away from DGK onto him instead.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’d switch to IA. That Sandwolf stuff is bad news bears.

##vote IA

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

I’d switch to IA. That Sandwolf stuff is bad news bears.

##vote IA

DGK why are you leaving this!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

You can always learn something if you look hard enough. I'll save my examples for mason chat though so I don't spoil scum on what I'd be looking for, haha

##vote Mr. F

don’t really like this either tbh

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

don’t really like this either tbh

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It just doesn’t feel prudent to go after a lurker who’s been absent largely from thread and mason chat?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

It just doesn’t feel prudent to go after a lurker who’s been absent largely from thread and mason chat?

Killing lurkers actually rules, but also I'm just griping cause you "don't really like" anything, jeez

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I love everyone in this game except for those who hate the extremely regional Del’s Lemonade

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I like to make d1 interesting.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

Well, merk has felt a bit opportunistic, but I don't have a terribly strong feeling on him either way. I don't particularly like your flavor fishing because you almost certainly have figured out by now that flavor is role-related. I don't think it's likely you're both scum, but right now I'd vote both of you because you both feel a little scummy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

Well, merk has felt a bit opportunistic, but I don't have a terribly strong feeling on him either way. I don't particularly like your flavor fishing because you almost certainly have figured out by now that flavor is role-related. I don't think it's likely you're both scum, but right now I'd vote both of you because you both feel a little scummy.

What do you think about Bif or Voodoo or random?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

What do you think about Bif or Voodoo or random?

I don't like voodoo outing his masonry the way he did and I feel that's a scummy way to go about it. I'm generally wary of people defending me because it doesn't happen often at all. I think it's likely Bifnus is town at the moment, and random I think is town but posts poorly like I do.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
No lurker rules so we will have to take out the trash on our own

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 1

DGK2000 (3): Sandwolf, merk, Toalpaz, Retro Futurist, merk
Toalpaz (2): merk, merk, DGK2000, merk, .random, merk
Sandwolf (2): DGK2000, DGK2000, Somberbrero, Idle Amalgam, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
.random (1): Voodoofly
Mr. F! (1): b-minus1, b-minus1, Bifauxnen
Idle Amalgam (1): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk
Voodoofly (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
ObamaAkbar. (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
merk (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, GenericGirlName, Mr. F!, ObamaAkbar.

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 27th, 2021 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 12 hours, 57 minutes.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hello All,

My apologies for not posting more. I was expecting last night to be a slow day at work, but then I got hit with an escalation that wasted a lot of time. My apologies for not posting more. I will be more available going forward.

Hows everyone doing today?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

DGK2000 posted:

I don't like voodoo outing his masonry the way he did and I feel that's a scummy way to go about it. I'm generally wary of people defending me because it doesn't happen often at all. I think it's likely Bifnus is town at the moment, and random I think is town but posts poorly like I do.

Wait, didnt I out the masonry first

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Merk, whats the deal with DGK? I just read his post history

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I’ll start moving in a couple hours if I’m still sitting alone on Random. Right now not sure who of the vote leaders I would vote first in place of random.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote DGK

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. F! posted:

Merk, whats the deal with DGK? I just read his post history

I don't know, but you should find a reason to bus him before day end I think.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I'll catch up after work. Have a good day/afternoon/evening everyone!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

merk posted:

I don't know, but you should find a reason to bus him before day end I think.

I dont see it.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

DGK2000 (4): Sandwolf, merk, Toalpaz, Retro Futurist, merk, merk
Toalpaz (2): merk, merk, DGK2000, merk, .random, merk
Sandwolf (2): DGK2000, DGK2000, Somberbrero, Idle Amalgam, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
.random (1): Voodoofly
Mr. F! (1): b-minus1, b-minus1, Bifauxnen
Voodoofly (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
ObamaAkbar. (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
merk (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Idle Amalgam (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk, merk

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, GenericGirlName, Mr. F!, ObamaAkbar.

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 27th, 2021 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 12 hours, 1 minute.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote .random

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. F! posted:

##vote .random

Hmmm

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

INteresting rebuttal, worried about your scumbuddy???

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. F! posted:

##vote .random

Care to explain this vote a bit?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Care to explain this vote a bit?

Typically a vote implies i think someone is scum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote F

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You can’t be afk for days and come in with “nope” and “yup” positions.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Yeah come on man, you apologize for not being around by flagrantly not playing?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If you don’t want to play you could ask for a replacement, for example.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

merk posted:

I can, and I will.

I'm talking to my bro voodoofly in mason chat.

It's fine to present other alternatives before the execution.

Funny you've gone off your strong conviction against DGK to make a lurker case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok. See ya I guess?