Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SiKboy posted:

Daddys Boy, in the show Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt? First link I could find, someone appears to have filmed their TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC1CyJCl24A

YES! Thank you! :salute:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Don't think I have anywhere near enough information but figured I'd shoot for the moon because it's been driving me crazy.

I have this vague memory of a scene where someone says something along the lines of "Then by God set him loose!". My brain seems to think that it's something like the Hulk where the line speaker is telling someone to let him go nuts, but I don't think it's any actual hulk movie.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There's a scene in the comic Preacher that has almost exactly that line. Maybe you've read it and misremember it as a movie, or maybe the line made it into the show if you've seen that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

My Lovely Horse posted:

There's a scene in the comic Preacher that has almost exactly that line. Maybe you've read it and misremember it as a movie, or maybe the line made it into the show if you've seen that?

Oh poo poo that is exactly what I was thinking of, thanks! Has been bugging me for like a montha haha

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Glad to be of service! :)

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That sounds like a Leslie Nielsen and/or Mel Brooks-style genre parody movie.

I am pretty sure it’s from a Naked Gun film.

Then again, there is this from Loaded Weapon

https://youtu.be/iOEgtJBjMlU

therattle fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 22, 2021

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

I remember the opening credits to movie from the late 80s/early 90s. It shows a woman filmed from behind while bowling. She's wearing cowboy boots and at one point stomps her foot to make one of the pins to go down.

All I remember about the movie.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

therattle posted:

I am pretty sure it’s from a Naked Gun film.

Then again, there is this from Loaded Weapon

https://youtu.be/iOEgtJBjMlU

I found it, it was called Model By Day, starring Famke Janssen.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Okay gang I don't know if this ones is a kid's oriented TV show or made for TV movie as I saw it on over the air television as a kid in the late 90s/early 2000s and can't find an identify this thread in TVIV. It's all live action and contemporary to that time or perhaps a re run of something from the late 80s or early 90s. I can't even remember if it was part of a Saturday morning block or not. In it a kid fakes being sick at home just because. Dad's at work and Mom's got to go to the grocery store or something so she leaves the kid with like the neighbor's phone number and stuff figuring he's sick and is just gonna be sleeping anyways. When she's gone he gets up and gets a bowl of his favorite cereal which is presidential themed, as in each cereal puff depicts the likeness of a US president. Thus far the kid has shoved every president up his nose except for 2 one of which is Eisenhower. The kid may have a small obsession with enlarging his nostrils this way too in addition to the goal of shoving every president up his nose. Since neither showed up in his bowl today he goes to play with the superpowered garage remote control that is his Dad's pride and joy and that the kid is not allowed to touch. It's kept in a gun holster by the door even and looks like a stereotypical remote: a box with a button and short antenna with a ball on the end. Very middle class suburbia goals here on the part of the Father.

He plays around with it trying to find a situation in which this remote won't open the garage door and does stuff like points it at a car mirror that's facing away from the door and it still opens. My memory of the order of events gets murkier from here as I do recall he has to let the meter reader in who is known for seeing the future in the spinning dials on the meter. For comedic effect the dials are spinning so fast on the meter they're a blur and the reader guy sees the kid with Eisenhower in them. Kid goes whatever about the prediction. At some point I think the garage remote gets destroyed and he has to quick find the spare remote which he does but oh no Mom's coming back down the street and the garage door's still open so she'll know the kid was playing with it and he'll be in trouble so his only hope is to bounce the signal off the plate in his Mom's head in the moving car to close the door before she gets back home. Which he does and the actress playing the Mom does a fake jolt as the remote signal hits her head. I think she gets in the door and the kid's in bed and no ones the wiser as to what the kid's been doing all day. Later he's allowed to have another bowl of the presidential cereal and HOLY gently caress there's Eisenhower, as predicted, which he puts up his nose and goes back to bed satisfied with the day and with his right nostril being slightly larger than before. Oh and the whole thing is narrated the same way A Christmas Story is, with older adult regaling asides for the story as you see his younger kid self actually living it.

A lot of words for something I missed the title card of as a kid myself and only kept watching just to figure out where the gently caress it all leading up to. The image of what was Eisenhower's head bobbing up in the bowl of milk still haunts me from time to time. In reality the prop was probably an oversized kinda creepy looking clay rendition of Ike because no cereal puff could have that much detail on it.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Turbinosamente posted:

Okay gang I don't know if this ones is a kid's oriented TV show or made for TV movie as I saw it on over the air television as a kid in the late 90s/early 2000s and can't find an identify this thread in TVIV. It's all live action and contemporary to that time or perhaps a re run of something from the late 80s or early 90s. I can't even remember if it was part of a Saturday morning block or not. In it a kid fakes being sick at home just because. Dad's at work and Mom's got to go to the grocery store or something so she leaves the kid with like the neighbor's phone number and stuff figuring he's sick and is just gonna be sleeping anyways. When she's gone he gets up and gets a bowl of his favorite cereal which is presidential themed, as in each cereal puff depicts the likeness of a US president. Thus far the kid has shoved every president up his nose except for 2 one of which is Eisenhower. The kid may have a small obsession with enlarging his nostrils this way too in addition to the goal of shoving every president up his nose. Since neither showed up in his bowl today he goes to play with the superpowered garage remote control that is his Dad's pride and joy and that the kid is not allowed to touch. It's kept in a gun holster by the door even and looks like a stereotypical remote: a box with a button and short antenna with a ball on the end. Very middle class suburbia goals here on the part of the Father.

He plays around with it trying to find a situation in which this remote won't open the garage door and does stuff like points it at a car mirror that's facing away from the door and it still opens. My memory of the order of events gets murkier from here as I do recall he has to let the meter reader in who is known for seeing the future in the spinning dials on the meter. For comedic effect the dials are spinning so fast on the meter they're a blur and the reader guy sees the kid with Eisenhower in them. Kid goes whatever about the prediction. At some point I think the garage remote gets destroyed and he has to quick find the spare remote which he does but oh no Mom's coming back down the street and the garage door's still open so she'll know the kid was playing with it and he'll be in trouble so his only hope is to bounce the signal off the plate in his Mom's head in the moving car to close the door before she gets back home. Which he does and the actress playing the Mom does a fake jolt as the remote signal hits her head. I think she gets in the door and the kid's in bed and no ones the wiser as to what the kid's been doing all day. Later he's allowed to have another bowl of the presidential cereal and HOLY gently caress there's Eisenhower, as predicted, which he puts up his nose and goes back to bed satisfied with the day and with his right nostril being slightly larger than before. Oh and the whole thing is narrated the same way A Christmas Story is, with older adult regaling asides for the story as you see his younger kid self actually living it.

A lot of words for something I missed the title card of as a kid myself and only kept watching just to figure out where the gently caress it all leading up to. The image of what was Eisenhower's head bobbing up in the bowl of milk still haunts me from time to time. In reality the prop was probably an oversized kinda creepy looking clay rendition of Ike because no cereal puff could have that much detail on it.

This is the episode Sick Day from season 2 of The Adventures of Pete And Pete

https://youtu.be/8nD62Tj_RFM

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

If we’re doing television shows, I have one that’s bugging me to the point I’m convinced it doesn’t exist. I remember a live-action wrap around segment for the Nintendo cartoons from the 80s, specifically for Captain N, the host was an 80s kid who presented the shows from his basement hangout. I can’t find any evidence this was ever made, and it being Nintendo related, you’d think it would be easy to find if it was real.

I made this up, right?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

ruddiger posted:

If we’re doing television shows, I have one that’s bugging me to the point I’m convinced it doesn’t exist. I remember a live-action wrap around segment for the Nintendo cartoons from the 80s, specifically for Captain N, the host was an 80s kid who presented the shows from his basement hangout. I can’t find any evidence this was ever made, and it being Nintendo related, you’d think it would be easy to find if it was real.

I made this up, right?

Pretty sure Captain N: The Game Master had some live action parts, with a teenager and his dog. The cartoons are all Nintendo related at least. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096554/

May have been limited to just the opening/closing credits though: https://youtu.be/Z5N2dgN_Lac

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Raspberry Bang posted:

This is the episode Sick Day from season 2 of The Adventures of Pete And Pete

https://youtu.be/8nD62Tj_RFM

You are absolutely correct. I had the attention span of a gnat as a kid so I must have thought it longer than it actually is, hence my thinking it was a movie and not a TV show. I also must have been at some relative's that had cable and young enough that they put it on for me to keep me entertained and I had no other option but to watch or be more bored. Thanks for the quick answer!

I have one more guess for ruddiger, perhaps the player kid at the computer in the Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego cartoon got mixed into the memory somehow?

https://youtu.be/HKNwBwPx53g

(Around 2:48)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ruddiger posted:

I made this up, right?

Might be thinking of the one for the mario cartoon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhHlhovepKw

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello thread, not looking for a specific movie, but I'm looking to make a list of films and/or tv shows where the news broadcast of Walter Cronkite announcing JFK's assassination is depicted on screen. This specific footage and quote is what I'm referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3Mpv4fwt4

The only ones I can think of off-hand are AMC's Mad Men and Scorsese's The Irishman. Google hasn't exactly been helpful.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ruddiger posted:

I made this up, right?

Maybe you're instead thinking of Wake Rattle & Roll?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQyQLqdAUQo

This show was the main... vehicle.... for a Wacky Races spin-off, Fender Bender 500. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Edit: I have one: violent gangster movie, and there's a character in it named Sugarman. I'm actually having an unexpectedly hard time finding this.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

The Klowner posted:

Hello thread, not looking for a specific movie, but I'm looking to make a list of films and/or tv shows where the news broadcast of Walter Cronkite announcing JFK's assassination is depicted on screen. This specific footage and quote is what I'm referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3Mpv4fwt4

The only ones I can think of off-hand are AMC's Mad Men and Scorsese's The Irishman. Google hasn't exactly been helpful.

Go to his imdb page, and under Archive Footage to get a good idea.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Origami Dali posted:

Go to his imdb page, and under Archive Footage to get a good idea.

That's fantastic, thank you!

E: that page is very thorough, but if anyone else has off-hand knowledge of places where that footage has appeared (specifically in fictional, non-documentary media), I'm all ears

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 27, 2021

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

A MIRACLE posted:

Trying to remember a rom com from the 50s/60s/70s where the woman is very ditsy. The male lead is annoyed by her antics throughout but accepts her good nature at the end. I’m sorry that’s really all I can remember. I think it was in color

this is from last year but I think I finally identified it, A New Leaf starring Walter Matthau. Gonna watch it today

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A MIRACLE posted:

this is from last year but I think I finally identified it, A New Leaf starring Walter Matthau. Gonna watch it today

Your initial description was so vague and generic, I genuinely thought you were trolling. My first thought was to pick absolutely any film starring Kathryn Hepburn.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The_Doctor posted:

Your initial description was so vague and generic, I genuinely thought you were trolling. My first thought was to pick absolutely any film starring Kathryn Hepburn.

Haha sorry I think I watched it 20 years ago. I finally found it by googling "movies like Barefoot in the Park"

edit is there a service that will let you view the historical tv schedules for any given channel? I'm still looking for the IFC movie I mentioned a few months ago. Going to give the City of God tv series a shot too. There were a lot of movies I saw on IFC back in the day that I want to revisit

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 28, 2021

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Anybody know what movie ends with a guy in a BDSM suit (or something like that) escaping a dangerous situation and he runs down the street and says "Thank you god!" and then a dumpster falls on him? Pretty positive it's from the 90s.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

Anybody know what movie ends with a guy in a BDSM suit (or something like that) escaping a dangerous situation and he runs down the street and says "Thank you god!" and then a dumpster falls on him? Pretty positive it's from the 90s.

One Night at McCool's

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

LesterGroans posted:

One Night at McCool's

Wow. Thank you. This has plagued me for decades.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

2 (I think) different movies with similar scenes.

A knife is thrown at a guy who stops it with some type of power and casually bats it aside.

Second movie is a knife is frozen in midair and someone turns it around in midair so when it starts traveling again it hits the person who threw it. Turning the knife is very hard and painful for the person doing it.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Brandon Lee bats aside a knife in The Crow.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
The second one sounds like the telekinesis fight at the end of Dark City

Weirdly, both Alex Proyas movies

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

It’s not either one of those but I figured out the second one is at the end of the Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider movie.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Those both sound like the ‘90s The Shadow.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Magneto kills someone with a psychic knife in some xman movie doesnt he?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

oldpainless posted:

A knife is thrown at a guy who stops it with some type of power and casually bats it aside.

Second movie is a knife is frozen in midair and someone turns it around in midair so when it starts traveling again it hits the person who threw it. Turning the knife is very hard and painful for the person doing it.

For the first one, are you thinking of the scene with the bullets in Matrix Reloaded?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Supernatural season 1 episode Nightmare has a telekentic guy who kills people by moving knives through the air with his mind. He kills Aunt Zelda from Sabrina with one.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

oldpainless posted:

I thought that happened in Big Trouble in Little China but I guess Jack just misses his knife throw. If I misremembered maybe you did too.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fpkz047b-qU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Here's the Tomb Raider version of the knife one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyIC147BT7g

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

It hasn’t been any of the answer so far but I appreciate peoples efforts

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I'm trying to remember a '90s erotic thriller, in which a man's mother-in-law attempts to seduce him. The only scene I remember is of him opening the door to his bathroom, and his MiL is wearing a robe and is shaving her leg, with her foot resting on the edge of the bathtub. She then asks in a seductive tone, referring to the razor, "Is this yours?"

was it https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111711/

Not exactly that but Beverly Griswald sees Samwise's brother naked in the shower and then tells his dad he exposed himself on purpose as a gaslight to gold digging

i didnt see the whole thing i might try to see if it's upped on youtube for the gently caress of it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://media.tenor.co/videos/a035fc970d7cac5e771e74edc6b60fa9/mp4

what's this meme from?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

oldpainless posted:

The “person uses telekinesis to stop something thrown at them” feels like a very late-90’s/early-2000’s action animated series thing. It for sure happens in “Batman Beyond” a few times. I also vaguely remember a (live-action) movie called “Push” where this might happen.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

oldpainless posted:

The Shadow has a magic knife that is both controlled through mind powers and is alive. Pretty sure it gets tossed at one guy and then redirected mid flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

About 10-15 years ago, someone in either the genchat thread or the horror thread here in CineD posted a series of short faux documentary films supposedly from 1900-1980 about various supernatural or sci-fi events. They were all on youtube and very similar to Peter Delpeut’s The Forbidden Quest in being stitched together from what seemed to be archival footage. Each one was from a different period and used different film and camera techniques consistent with the period the story was from. They were short, probably 10-20 minutes. The ones I remember had the following plots:

—a man in the 1920s visits Mexico to document a witch who gets angry at him and chases him.

—a 1950s/1960s person documents people walking out of the ocean and trying to infiltrate America. I think this one ends with the person falling in love with a woman who emerges from the ocean this way and following her back underwater knowing that he will die.

—a 1970s British documentary about a village of Soviet soldiers who can’t live around other people because they all have junky cybernetic enhancements that malfunction, like a super-strong robot arm that smashes things unintentionally, or robot legs that go at super-fast speed all the time. I remember this one being more lighthearted than the others.

—a 1960s man who goes on a vision quest with a shaman in Mexico. The man films the shaman jumping upside down and vanishing. The voice actor playing the man narrating his footage and sharing his reflections years later sounded just like Harlan Ellison.

—a 1900s-era silent film of an arctic or antarctic voyage that encounters something generating bright light that it fist avoids but eventually decides to sail toward.

—a late 70s/early 80s West German man who is kidnapped and replaced for a week or a month or something by a man who can reassemble his face and body to look like anyone. I remember this one cut between footage of the imposter with the man’s family and footage that the imposter took of the man while he was held captive by the imposter.

They were very well done and memorably creepy and sublime. I don’t remember if they were produced for youtube or if they were from the 90s or 2000s and later uploaded. I wish I could remember more. Does anyone recognize this series?