Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d be disappointed if Jobin is dead though it was a pretty cool way to die, I haven’t been able to look at a spray bottle since without thinking about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jobin will live on through his beetle that has also secretly been a rock insect this entire time.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m sure my grandchildren will enjoy the anime very much

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Jobin will live on through his beetle that has also secretly been a rock insect this entire time.
"One morning, as Jobin Higashikata was waking up from being dead, he discovered that he had been changed into a lovely tiny bug."

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The rock beetle will then get eaten by Tsurugi's rock dog

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

then the dog will be eaten by josuke

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jobin would be a hercules beetle or something kinda cool, not the best.

Joshu gets merged with a dung beetle and pushes around a big poo all day until he dies.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
As someone else mentioned, the whole bubble thing really reminds me of Part 5. Except this time the lead-up to it wasn't bullshit. It's still, however, pretty much an "I win" button that was barely explained. Another major difference is that this clearly wasn't the big final boss, so thank gently caress for that.
Really liking how we went from "Joshu redemption arc" to him just being more of a creep and eating poo poo over and over, it's super funny.
And yeah, the anime would benefit from cleaning up some stuff that was initially planned but cut halfway.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Wacky it may be, but Josuke and Yasuho linking their powers like that, plus the actual starsign on his back being at play as a par of it, I dug it visually and in execution a lot. Very on the nose, old school JoJo cool, very "Josuke shooting a shard of glass in the shape of a heart."

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i definitely like the power-up that josuke is getting at the moment. it's no tusk, but, there definitely seems to be at least some effort to establish it instead of it just being a complete asspull

it helps that i still think he probably got melded with either a bit of johnny or jesus when he got made underneath that tree, hence his innate spin being added

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Vookatos posted:

As someone else mentioned, the whole bubble thing really reminds me of Part 5. Except this time the lead-up to it wasn't bullshit. It's still, however, pretty much an "I win" button that was barely explained. Another major difference is that this clearly wasn't the big final boss, so thank gently caress for that.
Really liking how we went from "Joshu redemption arc" to him just being more of a creep and eating poo poo over and over, it's super funny.
And yeah, the anime would benefit from cleaning up some stuff that was initially planned but cut halfway.

It really is very part 5, including the fact that the bad guy's power does have rules that limit it in such a way that you could puzzle out a way to defeat it. Diavolo could have been tricked into an attack that being able to see ahead / skip ahead wouldn't have prevented (poisoning, tricking him into skipping a low-strength attack so he could get hit by a stronger one, etc), and Wonder of U could have been attacked in roundabout ways (getting Tohru to pursue Josuke, deliberately causing accidents that he could get caught up in, setting up a trap that he could walk in to, etc)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah i definitely like the power-up that josuke is getting at the moment. it's no tusk, but, there definitely seems to be at least some effort to establish it instead of it just being a complete asspull

it helps that i still think he probably got melded with either a bit of johnny or jesus when he got made underneath that tree, hence his innate spin being added

did we ever figure out what the deal was with the hands in that tree

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I have no idea what you’re taking about so evidently no

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

she gets groped in the tree at the end of chapter 22 for some reason and then gets dumped into tsurugi's room

maybe it was the first rock man they fought or something

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember what yotsuyu pulled cling wrap out of his eyes

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

FirstAidKite posted:

Remember when Lucy Steel turned her tears into little daggers? Sometimes you just pull poo poo outta your eyes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CodfishCartographer posted:

Remember when Lucy Steel turned her tears into little daggers? Sometimes you just pull poo poo outta your eyes

I actually don't remember this, when did this happen?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I actually don't remember this, when did this happen?

It was part of her Stand, Ticket to Ride. Appeared in SBR Chapter 71 I believe.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

After that chapter about the rock human life cycle I’m ready to believe that that’s just something every rock human knows how to do

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Aurora posted:

she gets groped in the tree at the end of chapter 22 for some reason and then gets dumped into tsurugi's room

maybe it was the first rock man they fought or something

The anime will retcon that to be Tooru, who just enjoys sneaking about and creeping on Yasuho

People liked the little continuity additions that Part 3 added, but holy poo poo, Part 8 really stands to loving PROFIT from that treatment, wow

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
You guys are just making poo poo up and calling it a Jojolion scene. I'm onto you.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If they did anything like that I'd expect them to have Tooru be the person who sold Yasuho the rock insect that got her to try and kill herself

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i always read that to be tsurugi touching yasuho.

he's written as a little creepo at the start

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the person is way too big to be tsurugi and it's not like jojo is detective conan with Silhouette Guy

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Also who is this guy

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Baron La Croix posted:

Also who is this guy

Assuming Josuke's tapping into one of Kira's memories it's probably a younger Norisuke

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that guy's NEVER GONNA SHOW UP and every single Araki Forgot joke will be validated FOREVER

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

That guy is the true main villain of JoJolion.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's sexy bishounen kira yoshikage (part 4)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's the Johnny part of Josuke remembering a hatless posthumous Gyro in Japan, clearly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I assume that’s an early design for Kira.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Patware posted:

that guy's NEVER GONNA SHOW UP and every single Araki Forgot joke will be validated FOREVER

I can never make another NEVER GONNA SHOW UP declaration after I ate some high-speed poo poo about doing exactly that with Kaato.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe It’s proto Jobin or Yagiyama

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's a Funny Valentine

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Funnier or Funniest?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Plot twist: It's actually Unfunny Valentine

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Unfunny Valenton't

haha but for real I think it's obvious who that is. It's the actual final arc villain of part 8, and I'm so excited when we get to their part in 10 more years!!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It reminds me of Nathan Explosion.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty posted:

Funnier or Funniest?

Excuse me, his name was "The Funniest"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Funky Valentine posted:

It reminds me of Nathan Explosion.

This took me on a journey to see what I could find by searching "metalocalypse jojo"

Doomstar Requiem