Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

isaboo posted:

yes

you could say, in fact, that it would be the time of your life

THATS MY GIMMICK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
:tipshat:

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Watching the s2 finale of Fringe and I gotta say the bizarro cast seem like they have a lot more fun. Season 2 has been pretty good, better than the first I think mainly due to it being a lot more serialized.

Ok guess that wasn't the finale after all, this season just has more episodes. A little disappointed the super friends went out like chumps when they crossed over, but otherwise really glad all the build up has lead to something. I probably shouldn't stay up for e23 but I'm going to anyway.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 20, 2021

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Travelers was so good, I should rewatch it. And Continuum. And Twelve Monkeys.

Such a good show. I'm rewatching it now, and it's even better knowing how the whole thing ends and what the show actually thinks about the characters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Such a good show. I'm rewatching it now, and it's even better knowing how the whole thing ends and what the show actually thinks about the characters.

Matthew Kellog did nothing wrong.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
super delated double post FROM THE FUTUREEE

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Just watched the first season of Everything’s Gonna Be Okay. It’s a really down to earth comedy on Freeform about a 20 something guy becoming the guardian of his two high school age half sisters. The main character can be a little annoying at first but after a couple of episodes he really shines.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Somewhere there is a timeline where Continuum gets the ten seasons the creator originally envisioned.

:negative:

Still, it wrapped up pretty well. Still my favorite protagonist/antagonist equation ever.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I just started binging this tv show on cbs called SEAL Team. I’m about halfway through season one. It seems fun so far, although it is already getting a bit old that a) every mission goes off successfully and b) every episode has some fairly predictable procedural scenario for them to.. ultimately succeed at without a hitch.

The characters are great, acting good, action is rad. I’m wondering though.. it has a lot of seasons. Is it worth it? Does it get better? I’m not looking for the next Westworld here. Just a fun show for chill time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DarkCrawler posted:

Somewhere there is a timeline where Continuum gets the ten seasons the creator originally envisioned.

:negative:

Still, it wrapped up pretty well. Still my favorite protagonist/antagonist equation ever.

Kira got the the future she deserved.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Raspberry Bang posted:

Just watched the first season of Everything’s Gonna Be Okay. It’s a really down to earth comedy on Freeform about a 20 something guy becoming the guardian of his two high school age half sisters. The main character can be a little annoying at first but after a couple of episodes he really shines.

I saw a trailer for this, and it didn't really pique my interest. However, the lead character/writer is Josh from Please Like Me, which is fantastic. If you decide you like him and want to see more, that's the series that basically made his career.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Is there some crossover in the people who made Fringe and the ones who did The Wire? Besides all cast that have shown up in Fringe there are also a few suspiciously similar character names. Milo Stanfield is the latest example I've noticed but I think there were a few others in the 1st and 2nd season as well. Maybe the writers of Fringe were just super fans or something.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I remember several Deadwood actors showing up on both Lost and SoA. I always assume same casting agent or they were big fans.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I know Fringe used to film in NYC so a lot of the actors in The Wire are probably from that area and work on whatever shows film on the east coast. I noticed a lot of them show up on The Good Wife and Sherlock too. Fringe moved to Canada at some point because I started seeing all the usual actors I see on my scifi pew pew laser shows.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I'm through four episodes of Doom Patrol and not really feeling it. Don't really care much for the characters and a lot of the dialogue just feels lazy. Does it get better?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I'm through four episodes of Doom Patrol and not really feeling it. Don't really care much for the characters and a lot of the dialogue just feels lazy. Does it get better?

It's the best comic book show ever. So if you're not feeling it by now I doubt you will warm up to it.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
In my opinion it does get better as it goes, but it gets better at doing the same/similar things. So if those things don't appeal to you then yeah it's probably not for you.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

I just started binging this tv show on cbs called SEAL Team. I’m about halfway through season one. It seems fun so far, although it is already getting a bit old that a) every mission goes off successfully and b) every episode has some fairly predictable procedural scenario for them to.. ultimately succeed at without a hitch.

The characters are great, acting good, action is rad. I’m wondering though.. it has a lot of seasons. Is it worth it? Does it get better? I’m not looking for the next Westworld here. Just a fun show for chill time.

Have you watched Strike Back? Nothing ever goes to plan, also betrayal, so so many. And gratuitous boobies.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Olivia is loving amazing at killing people. S1&2 it was like she just tapped every target in the absolute center of their forehead and now in season 3 she's expanded to center chest and oh poo poo, apparently neck shots as of a few seconds ago. Other than the more chaotic large scale gun fights and putting down cover fire I don't think we've ever seen her miss a target.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Collateral posted:

Have you watched Strike Back? Nothing ever goes to plan, also betrayal, so so many. And gratuitous boobies.

Should be noted that Strike Back has a slightly weird season dynamic. Season one is a relatively more subdued spy story and very different in tone and style from the rest of it, to the point of being very nearly a different show entirely. Not bad at all, but can freely be skipped since there's a very firm cut at the beginning of season 2. Seasons 2 to 5 are great, loud, dumb fun. Seasons 6 to 8 I haven't watched yet beyond the first couple episodes, since they did a complete swap of the cast that just didn't have the same charm anymore.

tl;dr: Just start at season 2, then maybe go back to season one (it's only got six episodes anyway) if you feel like it.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Perestroika posted:

since they did a complete swap of the cast that just didn't have the same charm anymore.

Gracie owns actually, and I came to enjoy the rest of the new bunch once I got used to them. The series finale was an absolute trainwreck though

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm lazy, where can I stream Strikeback?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I finished all 11 seasons of Frasier after doing all 11 seasons of Cheers before it.

Frasier was consistently fantastic through the early seasons, great during the mid seasons, and pretty good the final 3 years.

the big issue is that Frasier himself becomes even more unlikeable in the last 3 seasons after a major series plot is more or less resolved, and I wonder if this was purposefully done - if everyone else in his life is happy and Frasier is not, I can see how that would wear someone down and make them no fun to be around.

Also, episode 5x14, "The Ski Lodge," is probably the single greatest sitcom episode of all time.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Did Cheers hold up? I should add Frasier to my queue, I just have so many drat things I want to get through.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 22, 2021

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rhyno posted:

I'm lazy, where can I stream Strikeback?

Cinemax. I'm hoping it migrates over to HBOMax eventually as most of the other Cinemax stuff seems to be doing.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

phosdex posted:

Did Cheers hold up? I should add Frasier to my queue, I just have so many drat things I want to get through.

Cheers holds up pretty well, yes.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

phosdex posted:

I'd never seen an episode of cheers before doing the entire series last year and it was excellent.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Rhyno posted:

It's the best comic book show ever. So if you're not feeling it by now I doubt you will warm up to it.

Thanks. I'm not trying to say that I don't like it....I'm just not feeling it. And I have no connection to the source materials. Might finish up the first season and go from there.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Finally started watching Line of Duty and just finished season 3. It's insanely entertaining.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just started Rutherford Falls. I'm just not a fan of Ed Helms as a lead.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Also, episode 5x14, "The Ski Lodge," is probably the single greatest sitcom episode of all time.

It's pretty good. It feels like it was based on the play Noises Off. There's a movie of it too, but it doesn't compare to seeing it live. It's a similar plot of people all being at the same place while hiding what they are doing. So basically, if you liked The Ski Lodge see Noises Off live someday.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I'd never seen an episode of cheers before doing the entire series last year and it was excellent.

It's pretty decent. We did a rewatch last year as well. There are some early misogynist and homophobic bits, but they course correct fairly quickly. It's a fast binge and the show ends with a impactful finale.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 23, 2021

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
The movie Noises Off is still pretty drat good though. If a live version comes through whenever people are doing that again I'll 100% go check it out, my wife would absolutely flip out if we had a chance to see it live.

Just finished the 3rd season of Fringe and yeah this is really kicking into overdrive now but I was a little confused by the final scene. Peter is telling the Walters about sending the machine back in time and how they can prevent the apocalypse and then he just flickers out of existence and nobody seems to care at all. Nobody comments on it whatsoever? Not even the Olivias?

Starting season 4 now and I think I saw a flicker of Peter in the background a second ago, but still nobody worried about Peter or talking about him at all. I'm guessing he somehow changed the past and in this new reality he must have died at some point and everybody's memories have been edited to this new status quo. Also interesting that Lincoln Lee doesn't know the Fringe people despite having worked with them in season 3, so Peter must have died sometime prior to that.

Except if he did change the past then he clearly didn't solve their problems since the 2 sides are still working together to fix the universe(s). So assuming my guess is right, what did he actually accomplish?

Oh, ok even halfway through this episode they're answering questions a little bit.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 23, 2021

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Binged all of Schitt's Creek in 4 days. Show good. Not as sharply written as the shows it practically invites comparison to (given that the show is basically about the Bluths moving to Pawnee) but it (eventually) has a lot of heart and the slow burn character development was good. If I have a complaint it's that some side characters I like didn't get nearly enough screentime, and I would have liked to see brief glimpses of their futures in the ending, a la the Parks finale.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Inspector 34 posted:

In my opinion it does get better as it goes, but it gets better at doing the same/similar things. So if those things don't appeal to you then yeah it's probably not for you.

Glad I've stuck with it through another four episodes. Lots of gaps have started to fill in. The sixth episode, 'Doom Patrol Patrol' in particular was really good. Not a very big fan of Cliff.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Glad I've stuck with it through another four episodes. Lots of gaps have started to fill in. The sixth episode, 'Doom Patrol Patrol' in particular was really good. Not a very big fan of Cliff.

The whole show is about broken people coping in often very poor ways - everyone is a giant piece of poo poo at one point or another, some for longer.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

George RR Fartin posted:

The whole show is about broken people coping in often very poor ways - everyone is a giant piece of poo poo at one point or another, some for longer.

I get that. Just don't find Brendan Fraser yelling "gently caress" every fifth word as endearing. But I did just binge the rest of the first season. It was pretty great.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I get that. Just don't find Brendan Fraser yelling "gently caress" every fifth word as endearing. But I did just binge the rest of the first season. It was pretty great.

Yeah. I think they're trying to make it his catch phrase of sorts and it is very annoying, I can't argue that

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I did not want to express that. I apologise.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 26, 2021

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

God drat, who said the Mayans had better writing than Sons of Anarchy?

I’m on season 2 and holy poo poo the acting is laughable at best. I’m getting incredibly tired of EZ’s superpower of incredible memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

watching season 1 of Fringe. it's pretty good so far for an episodic show. I didn't realize John Noble, the actor who plays Walter Bishop was born in South Australia. he looks really familiar