Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
is jerry doing that 100000 posts in a row one line at a time thing this is annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
i cant' believe people are not respecting thread topics! here, in yospos, of all places

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

the only extant city in america that I know of is Mexico City. certainly there are no colonial cities.

e: well mexico city is colonial now but it didn't used to be

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 26, 2021

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
ugh these carrots are sour

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

eating enough fiber is old person 101 since it helps against a bunch of other gross old person problems

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Portland is organized into quadrants with NW, SW, SE, NE. But thanks to a bend in the river there's also just North, so we actually have five quadrants.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Fortaleza posted:

five quadrants.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
YOSPOS: The Fifth Quadrant

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

there's a bar in North Portland called that, because lol five quadrants

And I live on one of the quadrant-dividing streets so technically my address isn't any of them it's just "east"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

YOSPOS: The Fifth Quadrant
patrick stewart screaming: THERE ARE FIVE QUADRANTS!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

the worst cities on the planet are the ones where there are four streets named 23rd Ave NE/NW/SE/SW and you better loving get that right when telling siri or you you are going to the ENTIRELY opposite side of town from that store

ughhhhhh. i'm glad 3d and street view exist because i will manually check the storefront for addresses like those because it's hosed me over so many times when gps first became a things for driving directions

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

rotor posted:

YOSPOS: The Fifth Gartner Quadrant

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Agile Vector posted:

ughhhhhh. i'm glad 3d and street view exist because i will manually check the storefront for addresses like those because it's hosed me over so many times when gps first became a things for driving directions

I got burned by this last week, i guess I put in 655 SOUTH peoria instead of NORTH peoria when booking my ride, and the driver dutifully pulled up on a residential corner (AFTER i'd talked about getting my shot) and said "Uhh, here you go, is somebody picking you up?"

Fortunately it wasn't far to 655 NORTH Peoria and he just changed the dest and got me there in time. Good fella.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Years ago I had to get a car towed in Portland and somehow the towing company managed to send a dude to the exact same address but in Los Angeles. That was a very confusing "ok I'm here, where is the car?" call

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fortaleza posted:

Years ago I had to get a car towed in Portland and somehow the towing company managed to send a dude to the exact same address but in Los Angeles. That was a very confusing "ok I'm here, where is the car?" call

lol sick

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FMguru posted:

patrick stewart screaming: THERE ARE FIVE QUADRANTS!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

there's a bar in reading uk called pavlov's dog

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Gentle Autist posted:

there's a bar in reading uk called pavlov's dog

is that like first grade level ?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
because it's full of drooling mutts

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

rotor posted:

YOSPOS: The Beta Quadrant

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

my legs would cramp up real bad after a day of hard work but they don't seem to be as bad about it anymore :toot:

like after a few hours of chainsawing ill be resting a bit and feeling fine, and then try to stand up and get horrible cramps in both legs. nowadays i get a twinge as i'm standing up, as though a cramp is about to start, but then its fine

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Progressive JPEG posted:

my legs would cramp up real bad after a day of hard work but they don't seem to be as bad about it anymore :toot:

like after a few hours of chainsawing ill be resting a bit and feeling fine, and then try to stand up and get horrible cramps in both legs. nowadays i get a twinge as i'm standing up, as though a cramp is about to start, but then its fine

isn't that like a potassium deficiency or something?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i wouldn't think so just on account of the cramps only ever occurring after hard work, but maybe

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
try eating a banana before you work and see if it helps

mystes
May 31, 2006

Stringent posted:

isn't that like a potassium deficiency or something?

Stringent posted:

try eating a banana before you work and see if it helps
I think that's a myth.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i think it's true

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

mystes posted:

I think that's a myth.

Stringent posted:

i think it's true

fight! fihgt! fight! fight!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol yes bodies get sore after hard work

it doesn't mean you have nutrient deficiencies

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

mediaphage posted:

lol yes bodies get sore after hard work

it doesn't mean you have nutrient deficiencies

cramping isn't getting sore

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't know there have been some articles in the past couple years saying that consuming potassium won't help with cramps (although that may be partly just because of how long it would take for it to take effect) and that cramps may not really be due to electrolyte deficiencies as much as people think, but there are lots of places saying that cramps are related to potassium so maybe they are.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

PIZZA.BAT posted:

cramping isn't getting sore

cramps aren't uncommon after you do work and then go sit for a while without moving, either

it's good to do some stretches before / after imo

mystes posted:

I don't know there have been some articles in the past couple years saying that consuming potassium won't help with cramps (although that may be partly just because of how long it would take for it to take effect) and that cramps may not really be due to electrolyte deficiencies as much as people think, but there are lots of places saying that cramps are related to potassium so maybe they are.

it's really variable. cramps can absolutely happen with electrolyte imbalances if they're pretty severe (like if you eat a low-carb diet, for example, it's common to have electrolyte deficiencies) but on the whole i'd wager cramping is more often caused by over work or dehydration

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

mystes posted:

i think i read bananas help in a tom clancy novel 30 odd years ago

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

cramps are caused by too much yellow bile

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
right, that's why bananas help

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i get cramps in my left calf sometimes and it’s from nerve damage

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fart simpson posted:

i get cramps in my left calf sometimes and it’s from nerve damage

did you slip on a banana peel?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

this is now the bananas thread, just like with the minions, my favorite meme.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

did you slip on a banana peel?

no, i got a weird disease that aggressively broke down my body for a few weeks

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fart simpson posted:

no, i got a weird disease that aggressively broke down my body for a few weeks

woah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

my specific case used to be referenced in wikipedia!