Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Sarah will be the only original cast member left after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Chris James 2 posted:

Someone elsewhere brought up the idea of maybe bringing in Alice from Batwoman and I'd love that tbh

I would too actually, she'd be perfect with Astra

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

CW shows are dropping like flies but somehow Flash refuses to die.

I'm p sure Flash is their highest rated show. At least that's what I've read somewhere before and I can't verify that statement, but if it's right they won't end the show until something like Gustin leaves.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah but it SUCKS

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

so about Purcell leaving, Deadline has some clarification.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I just saw who is leaving on my Google news feed. I really hate the thing because it spoils me on so many things, but it's so easy to use because all I have to do is swipe right on my home screen. They should give a 13 shot or however many send away (I didn't actually read the article (possibly more spoilers)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It wasn't exactly a secret that this is happening. It was announced before the season even started filming. I think a lot of news sites are making a big deal just because of the wording used in the video.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Classic case of an Australian calling somebody a oval office and then not understanding why everyone is mad.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I need the legends next season to consist of Sara, Alice, Frost, Brainy, Black Lightning, and Lex Luthor

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

I need the legends next season to consist of Sara, Alice, Frost, Brainy, Black Lightning, and Lex Luthor

You forgot Constantine.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

The Lord Bude posted:

You forgot Constantine.

He'll be the guest star that shows up in every episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pillowpants posted:

Please no more Lex Luther. Seeing a horrible rich white man constantly wiggle out of any kind of punishment is not something i want to see anymore.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
We'd probably never get a Black Lightning character to show up full time because they're all based in Atlanta while Legends and the other DCCW shows are based on Vancouver.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Good news the show got cancelled so they're free to move

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Also, if the Legends were to get any characters from BL, I'd prefer TC or one or more of the Pierce kids. As much as the Legends needs a team Dad, I tihnk Sara, if she continues to stick around does a fine job for that.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Twist?

Dominic Purcell Says He'll 'Periodically' Return to 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' After Strongly-Worded Post

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

His contract is through season 7, so it makes sense.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pillowpants posted:

I think Brainy would be the best possible addition to the cast, with *maybe* Martian Manhunter being a close 2nd. Especially as we could lean into some of the crazier Martian Manhunter things that have only been briefly shown on Supergirl (gimme Zook and a Choco obsession please).

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer

twistedmentat posted:

Please no more Lex Luther. Seeing a horrible rich white man constantly wiggle out of any kind of punishment is not something i want to see anymore.

What if he was a damned soul who's parole officer was Constantine? ...and when he tries to wiggle out of trouble he's turned into a CGI maggot?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Atarask posted:

What if he was a damned soul who's parole officer was Constantine? ...and when he tries to wiggle out of trouble he's turned into a CGI maggot?

I'll allow it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The DCCW has Luthor go full Joker level in terms of irredemability and it's probably for the best. They had a chance to have a reformed Luthor and they've clearly shown that that's not the Luthor they and Crey want and that's okay. Same situation as Tobias Whale.

It's kinda a shame about Crisis becuase we could've had the possibility of Alexander Luthor where we get to see Cryer as Luthor being genuinely nice in a terrible wig.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Xelkelvos posted:

The DCCW has Luthor go full Joker level in terms of irredemability and it's probably for the best. They had a chance to have a reformed Luthor and they've clearly shown that that's not the Luthor they and Crey want and that's okay. Same situation as Tobias Whale.

I don't watch much Supergirl but I caught last week's and Lex was hilarious.
'We've hacked Lex's bank account and sent all the money to a children's hospital!'

Next scene, watching the news: 'Terrible fire at the children's hospital today...'

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There have been many great Lexes on film and TV but Cryer’s is easily the most petty and spiteful. Casting him because he’d been Lex’s idiot comic relief nephew in Superman IV was some galaxy brain poo poo.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

There have been many great Lexes on film and TV but Cryer’s is easily the most petty and spiteful. Casting him because he’d been Lex’s idiot comic relief nephew in Superman IV was some galaxy brain poo poo.

holy poo poo I never even realised that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Like I’m not sure it was specifically why but the CW DC shows have a pattern of reaching out to folks who were in DC movies so it at least got his name into consideration probably.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He’s mentioned a few times that he took the role because of how embarrassed he was of that part.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
wrong thread

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

GreenNight posted:

He’s mentioned a few times that he took the role because of how embarrassed he was of that part.

It also looked like a lot of fun without a huge time commitment away from his family, and he's pretty set for life with 2 and a half men money so he can basically do whatever he wants in terms of acting.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

seaborgium posted:

It also looked like a lot of fun without a huge time commitment away from his family, and he's pretty set for life with 2 and a half men money so he can basically do whatever he wants in terms of acting.

Dude is constantly on Twitter, and I kind of love him more for it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

EW has what their billing as an exclusive trailer. It's bugfuck crazy.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just a big grin on my face watching that whole trailer. It looks so loving fun

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
That whole thing is loving bonkers and I loved every second of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
jesus fuckin christ that is GLORIOUS

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://tvline.com/2020/10/19/legends-of-tomorrow-raffi-barsoumian-cast-season-6-big-bad/
ICYMI: The purported big bad is named "Bishop"

quote:

The CW series has tapped Raffi Barsoumian (The Vampire Diaries) to recur as Bishop, a once-in-a-generation genius,...Bishop has “seen the end of the world, and he thinks he has a way to save it,” per the official character description. “But despite his purported love of humanity, Bishop isn’t great with people. He pretends to be a groovy bon vivant with a taste for cognac and a killer vinyl collection, but in fact, he’s a sadistic egomaniac who treats all living creatures — human and alien alike — as his scientific playthings.”

As a result, the Legends quickly come to realize that “Bishop’s drive to play god may very well hasten the world’s end. And it was no accident that Bishop lived to see the world’s end. He used his brilliant scientific mind to give himself, well, certain enhancements.”

Also, cast changes:

quote:

As previously reported, the makeup of the Waverider will, come Season 6, once again look different: Lisseth Chavez (Chicago P.D.) has come onboard in the series-regular role of alien expert Esperanza “Spooner” Cruz. Additionally, Shayan Sobhian (aka Behrad) and Adam Tsekhman (Gary) have been promoted to regulars, while Maisie Richardson-Sellers, who most recently portrayed Charlie, will not be back. Plus, TVLine has confirmed that Olivia Swann (Astra) will return to the show full-time.

From the article on upcoming episodes (spoilered in case you want it to be a surprise):

quote:

As the trailer reveals, one of the season's episodes will feature Disney-style animation and music and was directed by Lotz.

"There are some beautiful songs and Astra, played by Olivia Swann, gets to be our version of a Disney princess," says Klemmer, explaining how the episode's concept began as a joke. "The reason we did that originally is that we broke it as live-action, and then there's a point in the story where it becomes so outlandish that I was really having a difficult time seeing it in my head as live-action. I was like, 'Guys, this feels like a '90s Disney movie.' It was sort of a joke. 'What if we hired a bunch of Disney animators from the '90s who have all retired and did a '90s feature thing?'"
"We have a Clue episode that's based on a one-night, ultimate Werewolf-like card game come to life. That's a big swing," says Klemmer. "We took another episode that's virtually all Constantine [Matt Ryan] in the Spanish Civil War, and that could just as well be from the Constantine TV show. We have another episode that exists in the world of a fictional sitcom starring an Alf-like alien, only in our case it's an actual alien."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

My god, the animated segment. Amazing.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Rhyno posted:

jesus fuckin christ that is GLORIOUS

I didn't even see this post before I was about to type this same exact thing. I normally skip trailers but I will reiterate: Jesus fuckin' christ it is glorious!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bringing back DJ S'more Money is totally unexpected, but completely welcome.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
@trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pAeewgb1Vc

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I didn't even see this post before I was about to type this same exact thing. I normally skip trailers but I will reiterate: Jesus fuckin' christ it is glorious!

For all of it's crazy cool poo poo that's happening, Mick screaming and pushing his kid who's in a stroller? down the hall was amazing. Makes no sense now, but will be perfectly understandable at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I think it makes perfect sense. The sense is me laughing my rear end off. :xd: