Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does the intro song sound slightly sped up to anyone else

Yes indeed

Brawnfire posted:

How many times tempo is the theme from usual? I thought they were referencing the speedrun meme for a moment

It was already at march tempo, so we're getting into like hype club remix territory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does the intro song sound slightly sped up to anyone else

Yeah, and it seems to come and go, like any time there is singing, it's normal speed, and any time there isn't, it speeds up. So it's super noticeable.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
This was a great episode. The doll kills were particularly hilarious.

As for the B12 killer I kind of wish they’d developed it as a season-long plot. The song is still great.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

TBS does a music auto detect during the day to speed up opening credits of all shows (and can gently caress with music during a show). They usually turn it off for prime time hours though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Stan's mom putting down her foot

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Great episode. I loved Stan skipping out of the store after buying $6000 worth of dolls.

And sitting in coach so they could ride first class.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I loved the doll in the RC jeep

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Turns out Barry, Snot and Toshi were murdered.

Victor, Constantine and Boris take over.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That was a fantastic episode, all the callbacks were good. I love it when Stan just goes off the rails like that, and the snapback to status quo is always hilarious. Might have to watch it again in a bit, there was so much going on.

And yeah, the theme tune randomly speeding up and slowing down is very weird.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Turns out Barry, Snot and Toshi were murdered.

Victor, Constantine and Boris take over.

Would be more than fine with this, Steve's friends suck

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Bring back Cheese, Hubert & Li-Fung

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

It's a loving war crime that you cand buy these in a single store across North America else I'd have a whole freezer stocked wall-to-wall by now.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

drrockso20 posted:

Would be more than fine with this, Steve's friends suck

Nah they're great. Even stan agrees

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Parrotine posted:

It's a loving war crime that you cand buy these in a single store across North America else I'd have a whole freezer stocked wall-to-wall by now.

I think it's a life support product for ice cream trucks, if you could buy it like a normal person instead of a chitty chitty bang bang dipshit those trucks would be even more declasse than when they became coolers on the back of an old pickup truck

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Parrotine posted:

Yknow where i’ve seen these in brick and mortar stores?

Some, but not most, 99 Cents Only stores.

But it’s never both. It’s one or the other.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The_Doctor posted:

That was a fantastic episode, all the callbacks were good. I love it when Stan just goes off the rails like that, and the snapback to status quo is always hilarious. Might have to watch it again in a bit, there was so much going on.

And yeah, the theme tune randomly speeding up and slowing down is very weird.
"Huh. Well, I'm sane again!"

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Yeah the ceiling art was amazing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Most CIA operations are in partnership with American Girl dolls.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Parrotine posted:

I've seen them at convenience and drug stores in Canada, for what it's worth.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The Illuminutty episode is loving killing me. Where do they get this poo poo? This plot is amazing and is destroying the things my elementary school teachers taught me.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I need to get a shirt that just says "BEER" on it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Stan Moves to Chicago
Season 18, Episode 3
Stan travels to Chicago to pursue his dream of becoming a comic; Steve and Hayley plan a night in and invite Roger to be their special guest.

I love Chicago, so I'm already excited.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm rewatching old episodes and in S2E4 (where Stan and Roger change roles for a week to see who has it worse) at the end when they arrest the dodgy car salesman who screwed over Roger and turns out to be a Nazi, I'd previously missed the dialogue when the cops haul him away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4baOREV6to

"Hey, what do you think this is, Nazi Germany? Because that would be awesome!"

E: oh my god and in the next episode Roger has a wolf named Felicity, which was a callback in the "Stan takes over his Native American brother's home for Thanksgiving" episode, and I thought they just made it up for a one-off joke :catte:

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 30, 2021

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
You know I'm surprised Klaus didn't get a scene with that owl. In fact there's a whole B-plot right there.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

TheFattestPat posted:

You know I'm surprised Klaus didn't get a scene with that owl. In fact there's a whole B-plot right there.

After he was kicked out of the house I'm assuming Klaus stays away from birds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bErihKBFAz8
On mobile so can't timestamp.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheFattestPat posted:

Who?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Don't make me say his name.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Ace McNasty

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:laffo: fuckin dying at the Russian Doll episode.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

God drat the subtitles on Disney+ (and probably also Hulu because Star is Hulu in Europe) are worthless. Any time there's non-English dialogue, the subtitles are just (Speaks Japanese) or (Bear sounds) or whatever.

In a few episodes the jokes were burned in as subs but most of the time not, so here you go, just enjoy a minute of dolphin sounds with (Dolphin squeaking) as the subtitle.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh god. That sucks so much lol

The dolphin scene is one of my faves

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1388555682832658441?s=20

New episode tonight!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Blue Moon is bad, Stan did you a favour. :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Of course with the way characters don't actually age this means Stan is just on the edge of being an older millenial.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Klaus's boys!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Zero One posted:

Klaus's boys!

I loved the shot outside at "One Month Later" and there's a boot on Stan's SUV.

Also, "What pen were you using? What end were you holding?"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"It was the summer of 21 years ago..."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It's Friday night and you're being forced at gunpoint to see a standup routine put on by one of these three people:

A) Francine making incredibly racist and outdated Chinese jokes

B) Stan with his shirt pulled over his head talking about millennials and Porkymon

C) Roger in his Southwest flight attendant persona

Which one do you think would be the least painful to sit through for two hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Francine would keep going being even more uncomfortable as the time ticks on.

Stan would give up and become Turtle Man quickly.

Roger would try to kill you.

Gotta go with my man Stan.