Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

last night I ignored it when someone added me as a friend. the notification popped up immediately after I won a game based on the fact that illidari inquisitor will attack whatever your hero attacks even if it's frozen. felt pretty confident as to their intent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I pretty much never accept/send friend requests unless they had a fun deck or it was a crazy match.

Only one time it was somebody salty that I didn't "let" them complete their combo when I was playing some homebrew combo garbage myself.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 26, 2021

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I wish rage adds weren’t 95% of them. If I’m adding someone after a game chances are I just wanna know what deck they were running, but nobody ever accepts :(

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I wish rage adds weren’t 95% of them. If I’m adding someone after a game chances are I just wanna know what deck they were running, but nobody ever accepts :(

Right!? It's super annoying. I lose a good game and all I want is the decklist that just hosed me but people think i'm like the guy who told me that he's going to kill me and my entire n-word family (note: I am so pale that I look like a cheap porcelain doll).

I'm still amazed this game has ZERO word filters in the chat.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Just got a cool Ogremancer lethal. Love making people regret using that card.

Currently at Diamond 2 with a Kombo deck after peaking at 9 pre-nerf, so my drive to make legend is reignited.

I mainly climbed through Diamond with a mid-rangey deck running Kodo, but I'm starting to try out something with Wolpertinger after watching some play from the master hunter deathstar. This kind of turns it into a "choose your own win condition", with Wolpers, Rhino, Krush being early, mid, and late game respectively.

### CYO adventure
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 1x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 1x (1) Overwhelm
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Trueaim Crescent
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Bola Shot
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 1x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (3) Professor Slate
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 2x (5) Trampling Rhino
# 1x (8) Beastmaster Leoroxx
# 1x (9) King Krush
#
AAECAR8KtrsDudADudID5NQDjeQDmOoD5e8D5/AD4Z8El6AECqK5A6LOA+HOA4biA+rpA/DsA9vtA6mfBKqfBLugBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Desert Bus posted:

That is surprising, for a Blizzard game. I've never really thought about it because...well, when your gaming background is CS, there are no insults under the sun that can faze or surprise you.

My experience with rage adds isn't as bad as 95%. Optimistically like 60% rage adds maybe? But frankly, I look forward to both kinds so it's aight. I very rarely add my own opponents though unless it was a truly spectacular game, like once or twice a year max.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Can anyone comment on Frozen's play in this video? I didn't understand what he was doing with the heals. It's a five minute video because that's how long it took him to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlHHPo4vu_A

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Mayveena posted:

Can anyone comment on Frozen's play in this video? I didn't understand what he was doing with the heals. It's a five minute video because that's how long it took him to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlHHPo4vu_A

He was in a hole and needed to get outs. Healing face doesn't trigger Sethekk Veilweaver's ability. He used one instantly looking for Holy Smite (or whatever to deal with 3/3), then used the next most valuable targetable spell in Hysteria and then reluctantly the final heal on Sethekk in a last ditch effort.

He's doing it because he knows that if he doesn't get rid of the 3/3, that's repeatable damage for which he has zero answers for in hand. All NoHands needs to do is clear his board which he is almost guaranteed to have because he essentially knows the Secret is Rigged Faire Game after playing a minion and spells and he's doomed to lose to burn anyway. Healing face only delays the inevitable. He would almost 100% used it face if he had managed to get Holy Smite earlier in the turn.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Jeza posted:

He was in a hole and needed to get outs. Healing face doesn't trigger Sethekk Veilweaver's ability. He used one instantly looking for Holy Smite (or whatever to deal with 3/3), then used the next most valuable targetable spell in Hysteria and then reluctantly the final heal on Sethekk in a last ditch effort.

He's doing it because he knows that if he doesn't get rid of the 3/3, that's repeatable damage for which he has zero answers for in hand. All NoHands needs to do is clear his board which he is almost guaranteed to have because he essentially knows the Secret is Rigged Faire Game after playing a minion and spells and he's doomed to lose to burn anyway. Healing face only delays the inevitable. He would almost 100% used it face if he had managed to get Holy Smite earlier in the turn.

That makes sense. I don't have Sethekk Veilweaver so wasn't aware of the interaction. Thanks!

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
This meta sucks. Every day I'm like well let's see if I can have some fun in hearthstone today. Then I get mauled by complete bullshit and god hands, and alt+f4. Today it was a Shaman with a lightning bloomed doomhammer, that has also somehow found double rockbiter AND diligent notetaker, hitting me in the face for 10 on turn 4 and 16 damage on turn 5. I hate this dumb game right now. Shaman is not even the worst offender but the fact that these highroll possibilities exist and I perceive them happening so frequently is so endlessly frustrating to me.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Oenis posted:

This meta sucks. Every day I'm like well let's see if I can have some fun in hearthstone today. Then I get mauled by complete bullshit and god hands, and alt+f4. Today it was a Shaman with a lightning bloomed doomhammer, that has also somehow found double rockbiter AND diligent notetaker, hitting me in the face for 10 on turn 4 and 16 damage on turn 5. I hate this dumb game right now. Shaman is not even the worst offender but the fact that these highroll possibilities exist and I perceive them happening so frequently is so endlessly frustrating to me.

That is hearthstone though and also any card game, highrolls will always exist

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Variance happens. Hyper focusing on the games where you get blown out is unproductive but makes for good storytelling

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

That is hearthstone though and also any card game, highrolls will always exist

Yep top decking is a thing. That's when I concede, is when I'm sure I can't top deck a card to save myself.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Currently at Diamond 2 with a Kombo deck after peaking at 9 pre-nerf, so my drive to make legend is reignited.

Congrats on the Diamond 2!

Also this is more an observation, but I'm glad Blizzard is warming up to Trample/Piercing Damage being a thing in HS. It's a neat effect.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

When Illucia tells you how you're going to die next turn (er 2 turns) and can't do anything about it :getin:

(pay no attention to my dropped rank)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Want to shout out the Warrior who accidentally gave my Crab Rider +3 damage and Divine Shield.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AmI bad or does rush warrior usually lose to control lock?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Acerbatus posted:

I think it's more or less unwinnable to me, but I haven't really used it a whole lot either

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

it's 50/50 from my experience

if you go full aggro and make them have all their removal you have a fairly good chance, if you play passively and let them draw too much you are guaranteed to lose so uh. don't do that

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Acerbatus posted:

even to slightly unfavored, but the MU can be tweaked based on how each deck is built

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

Right!? It's super annoying. I lose a good game and all I want is the decklist that just hosed me but people think i'm like the guy who told me that he's going to kill me and my entire n-word family (note: I am so pale that I look like a cheap porcelain doll).

updating this beta still in active development game's features to include a filter which would block inappropriate words is extremely time consuming and complicated work for this small indie game startup. when they can't even update without breaking old content (solo adventures) where it can lock you out of the entire game and your account, asking for something as complex as a word filter is a very, very lofty reach goal.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Acerbatus posted:

it's tough but doable (still easier than priest imo)! i posted a replay a little while back where i beat warlock using rush warrior as i was doing my climb to legend. still a damage race, but you gotta keep up the pressure before deciding when to use rokara / runthak for stats.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Just lost to a deck destruction warlock with secret Paladin. I probably misplayed, but it was pretty cool to see that deck go off.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Wooh, made it to (dumpster) legend! :woop:

Final boss was beaten in the most unceremonious fashion, with lethal being just out of reach multiple times. Losing a 50/50 Felmaw attack, I was 1 mana off of getting behind the 6/6 taunt.

They healed up with Alex next turn, putting me 2 off lethal. I still played the naked Krush and just hoped to end it with a topdeck.

Tracking whiffed next turn, but managed to topdeck Slate the turn after to swing the board back from their Soulciologist that summoned one 3/3. Somehow, they just didn't have an answer with 6 cards in hand.

Just came down to who had more rotten luck, and thankfully it wasn't me.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Last King posted:

updating this beta still in active development game's features to include a filter which would block inappropriate words is extremely time consuming and complicated work for this small indie game startup. when they can't even update without breaking old content (solo adventures) where it can lock you out of the entire game and your account, asking for something as complex as a word filter is a very, very lofty reach goal.

Off the back of this, is it still possible to clear Knights of the Frozen Throne and get the Arthas Paladin hero or is it turbo busted? If so I might have myself a project for my day off at the end of the week!

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

DeadButDelicious posted:

Off the back of this, is it still possible to clear Knights of the Frozen Throne and get the Arthas Paladin hero or is it turbo busted? If so I might have myself a project for my day off at the end of the week!

I've seen people post on reddit about doing it recently, so it should be fine.

gandlethorpe posted:

When Illucia tells you how you're going to die next turn (er 2 turns) and can't do anything about it :getin:

(pay no attention to my dropped rank)

That's a 0 mana Illucia. My god you dodged that.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

DeadButDelicious posted:

i've been going back to clear older content and didn't run into any issues until the boomsday project. when trying to do the puzzles, the game froze, and then proceeded to lock me out. whenever i tried to re-launch, it kept trying to reconnect me to the busted puzzle that wouldn't work. it took a day plus blizzard tech support to get the situation resolved. i have a feeling i got lucky as looking online there seems to be a lot of people who ran into the same issue, but were still suck (for multiple days, perhaps a week or more?) and the number seemed to be growing. ymmv but def. beware of poo poo that's likely just completely broken with this game. i don't understand why introducing new cards would break solo adventures, which should be de-coupled completely from anything having to do with online but alas :bioware: quality and logic seems to apply here.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's not the new cards that broke the Boomsday puzzles, it's old cards getting nerfed

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

it's not the new cards that broke the Boomsday puzzles, it's old cards getting nerfed

It's also old cards getting unnerfed, such as Leper Gnome.

e: also they should make another puzzle set as their single player content for an expansion.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

With a few days left in the month, is it even possible to push to legend from diamond 10?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Adregan posted:

With a few days left in the month, is it even possible to push to legend from diamond 10?

I went from D10 to legend over 5 days playing on and off and with a non-meta deck. It should be doable.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

gandlethorpe posted:

I went from D10 to legend over 5 days playing on and off and with a non-meta deck. It should be doable.

It took me four or five days with rush warrior to make it from platinum 10. All I see is warlock, mage and pally. Secret Aggro pally is the worst if you don’t have early answers.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If you're good enough and have enough time you could do it in one day, but I wouldn't stress about hitting legend now if you haven't made Diamond 5 yet.

Unrelated, if you don't play often nows a good time to start saving up the 2000 gold for mini expansion that comes out probably next month.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Adregan posted:

It took me four or five days with rush warrior to make it from platinum 10. All I see is warlock, mage and pally. Secret Aggro pally is the worst if you don’t have early answers.

rush warrior should have an edge against pally. a bit more of a toss up with warlock and mage. if i fell behind against pally, one good turn with playmaker / parade leader saved me a few times.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the secret of battlegrounds is that the higher MMR the less fun the games are by a staggering amount; just concede a bunch of games until you’re down to like 4-5k and have fun again

This is what I ended up doing. To be fair I also had the motive of clearing out achievements (lol) because some heroes are just impossible to win with at higher MMR (Sindragosa in particular was something of a white whale). Even so I inexplicably still don't have Top 1 for Al'Akir and Rakanishu despite that I know I've won with both of them before the cheevo patch.

Also I managed to clear the 60/60 Tabbycat achievement, which no way in hell would I even try at competitive levels. All that's left other than brute force # of wins is Ruler of Threes (unfortunately I only managed a 9-triple game before the Khadgar/Brann nerf so this one is gonna be a pain to get) and brb (maybe possible if I keep tanking).

edit: knocked out Ro3 with Jandice after barely missing it with Millhouse due to forgetting that I had a gold minion I had on the board (because it was the same minion) I could have sold, noticing too late, and running out of time before I could move my hand fast enough to do it. Glad that's over. The only challenge cheevo left is brb.

edit 2: got brb. now it's Rakanishu turning out to be my white whale

edit 3: I edit old posts because it's not worthwhile to bump with my complaining

Get Rakanishu in a low MMR lobby. Proceed to get THREE opponents who all go Dragons AND get gold Whelps and blow me off the board. I can't even.

edit 4: finally got it against a mech Greybough who took the advice to never level off of Tavern 4 as mechs a little bit too much to heart when faced down against 2 monstrous cleaves. Thank gently caress.

Navaash fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 1, 2021

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Just lost to a deck destruction warlock with secret Paladin. I probably misplayed, but it was pretty cool to see that deck go off.

Kibler played with that deck yesterday and it's pretty decent. You want to mulligan hard for Backfire and armor vendor and avoid burning your deck until you have Jaraxxus or Neeru in your hand, unless you have to play Soul Rend to stop aggro early. Win conditions are either Neeru at the end and swarm (playing Envoy before Neeru if you have him can help finish and avoid fatigue damage) or Jaraxxus to whittle them down. Watching Kibler's video would be much more informative than my half-assed explanation, but that's a high level overview. Also, I don't feel guilty with Tickatus in this deck since it's a one-shot play to disrupt a deck, not kill it.

### WhoNeedsADeck?
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Altar of Fire
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 1x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Blood Shard Bristleback
# 2x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 1x (3) Free Admission
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 1x (3) Tamsin Roame
# 2x (4) Soul Rend
# 1x (5) Envoy Rustwix
# 1x (5) Neeru Fireblade
# 2x (5) Siphon Soul
# 2x (6) Barrens Scavenger
# 1x (6) Tickatus
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (9) Lord Jaraxxus
#
AAECAa35AwibzQOV3gPO4QP24wPy7QPz7QOwigSFoAQL+OMDkuQDk+QDmOoD2O0D6+0D8O0D8e0DgqAEg6AE56AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Kibler played with that deck yesterday and it's pretty decent. You want to mulligan hard for Backfire and armor vendor and avoid burning your deck until you have Jaraxxus or Neeru in your hand, unless you have to play Soul Rend to stop aggro early. Win conditions are either Neeru at the end and swarm (playing Envoy before Neeru if you have him can help finish and avoid fatigue damage) or Jaraxxus to whittle them down. Watching Kibler's video would be much more informative than my half-assed explanation, but that's a high level overview. Also, I don't feel guilty with Tickatus in this deck since it's a one-shot play to disrupt a deck, not kill it.

### WhoNeedsADeck?
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Altar of Fire
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 1x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Blood Shard Bristleback
# 2x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 1x (3) Free Admission
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 1x (3) Tamsin Roame
# 2x (4) Soul Rend
# 1x (5) Envoy Rustwix
# 1x (5) Neeru Fireblade
# 2x (5) Siphon Soul
# 2x (6) Barrens Scavenger
# 1x (6) Tickatus
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (9) Lord Jaraxxus
#
AAECAa35AwibzQOV3gPO4QP24wPy7QPz7QOwigSFoAQL+OMDkuQDk+QDmOoD2O0D6+0D8O0D8e0DgqAEg6AE56AEAA==
#

Wouldn't you rather play Neeru first so that you can reload your deck to avoid fatigue damage after the portal is out, not before?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Finally made legend! Super stoked I didn't have to slog through a bunch of Rush Warrior matches tonight with Secret Pally.

Guess I'll now just do my dailies and save up for the mini-set.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Same, with libram secret pally. Contesting the board early is key with that deck, getting two one drops down on turn one on the coin puts you in such a good position if you have a hand of adal or even a libram. The 'draw a holy spell' 1 drop is great for tutoring too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Acerbatus posted:

Wouldn't you rather play Neeru first so that you can reload your deck to avoid fatigue damage after the portal is out, not before?

Yeah, my fingers got ahead of my brain. If the board is static and your deck is out, Kibler would play Envoy and Neeru on the same turn, so I got mixed up. But yeah, Envoy as or after the portal is out.