Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Varinn posted:

well poo poo guess I gotta start zenkaiger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

So it looks like TokuHD on Amazon has Faiz, and if you're familiar with the quality of their Agito subs...

this is loving baffling even poo poo-rear end google translate will give you Orphenok from the katakana

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

this is loving baffling even poo poo-rear end google translate will give you Orphenok from the katakana

Even whne going from JP -> Spanish -> English?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Hellrising Hopper isn't the usual movie form that's for sure.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Just finished the Zero One RealxTime. Thoughts:

1. It's baffling how Yua gets completely sidelined in the story and yet simultaneously gets the best fight scenes in all of Zero-One.
2. Zero-One still has the best transformation jingles/animations. Lucifer's and Eden's jingles and animations were particularly cool ("Heaven or Hell? IT DOESN'T MATTER.")
3. LOL at Eden's secret base being emblazoned with a gigantic EDEN logo.
4. Double LOL at Izu folding her hands even when transformed. Also, I absolutely adored the fact that she gets the more powerful form at the end.
5. Triple LOL at everyone telling Gai to eat poo poo at the end.

All in all, I liked it!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MachuPikacchu posted:

Just finished the Zero One RealxTime. Thoughts:

1. It's baffling how Yua gets completely sidelined in the story and yet simultaneously gets the best fight scenes in all of Zero-One.
2. Zero-One still has the best transformation jingles/animations. Lucifer's and Eden's jingles and animations were particularly cool ("Heaven or Hell? IT DOESN'T MATTER.")
3. LOL at Eden's secret base being emblazoned with a gigantic EDEN logo.
4. Double LOL at Izu folding her hands even when transformed. Also, I absolutely adored the fact that she gets the more powerful form at the end.
5. Triple LOL at everyone telling Gai to eat poo poo at the end.

All in all, I liked it!

You'er #1 point is technically correct I guess in that Yua is the person getting their rear end beat in the best fight of the show, RampageVulcan's debut.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Twokaiser loving rules. :allears:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
Okay Zox/Twokaiser is gonna get all the attention, naturally, but like

the Door World gimmick was really drat funny, not gonna lie.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You'er #1 point is technically correct I guess in that Yua is the person getting their rear end beat in the best fight of the show, RampageVulcan's debut.

That fight is cool, sure, but I meant more in terms of fight choreography and camerawork. In her intro episode and in this movie, for example, she gets an extended sequence where she goes John Wick on a bunch of dudes.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i've had twokaiser's song in my head since i watched the ep a few hours ago. Ore wa kaizoku~

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

When ToQger was airing there was a theory that Zed was also a five year old child in a grown-up body, and that he came from a less-good home than the ToQgers. I really wish that had ended up being the case.

that would've been an interesting way to take things

i don't mind him just being the emperor of darkness who Right's shine has imprinted on, the same way his darkness imprinted on Right. him just being what is supposed to be the embodiment of darkness who is sick of having darkness forced upon him and wanting something more only to eventually just give up and lash out when he realises he can't grasp the light he wants is a good character. the ending just felt a bit abrupt. though i'm glad he got to see the rainbow and it wasn't just "he's the bad guy, so he gets blown up and dies, the end."

speaking of dark Right, when he first transformed into his dark form i thought it looked like it kind of had a sparkly star/galaxy pattern to it which i realised in the next episode was just the material of the fabric looking that way which makes more sense since it's him succumbing to darkness. but it would've been a cool idea for a ToQ Galaxy to go with the Galaxy Line from the movie, or representing a mix of shine and darkness based on Right's dream to go to space

i watched Ninininger vs ToQger tonight and it was fun. i don't know or care about the Niningers and am not really in any rush to watch their show given what i've heard, but stuff like the ToQgers in ninja gear was neat to see, the fight scenes were fun, and ToQ-oh just plopping itself down in the big Nininger mech carrier thing was funny, especially followed up by Akira reminding everyone that it's whatever DAI-oh

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

"I have obtained a shine."

meant to come back to this post after i'd watched the show and could actually look at the spoiler and yeah, that was a brilliant moment.

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 26, 2021

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Jade Rider posted:

Twokaiser loving rules. :allears:
So a nice little detail I noticed after someone else pointed it out is that he's doing different poses from each of the respective sentai teams. For Gokaiger its Captain Marvelous crossing his arms. Ohranger its that weird hand salute and for Shinkenger it looks like its him running his hand across the sword.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Even his transformation sequence is identical to the Gokaiger one and he seems like a fun character besides (as does his sister judging by the preview). So yeah, I like this guy already and look forward to getting to know him better in the next episode.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

some anons did a one-off TL for c1 of Ultraman: Darkness Heels Lili

https://imgur.com/a/h7VDhtw

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Shaezerus posted:

Why does Faiz in particular seem just loving cursed with this?
It's getting subs that match its quality as a show. :j:

I haven't actually watched Faiz myself, I'm just riffing on what I've heard.

Is it better to get exclusively bad subs like Faiz, or get no loving subs at all, like Blade?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've been watching Faiz for tangentially related "reasons" and it's actually a pretty good show. You gotta know that the comedy of errors is gonna happen and push through until Kusaka shows up.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Faiz is a show that's very good until suddenly it takes a huge nosedive and never recovers. When it's good, it's great, but when it's bad, it's the worst.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

girl dick energy posted:

It's getting subs that match its quality as a show. :j:

I haven't actually watched Faiz myself, I'm just riffing on what I've heard.

Is it better to get exclusively bad subs like Faiz, or get no loving subs at all, like Blade?

Come to think of it, has anyone done Blade besides TVN (which I recall were flat out wrong in some areas)?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, has anyone done Blade besides TVN (which I recall were flat out wrong in some areas)?

Tokusubs Wiki posted:

Kamen Rider BladeIcon-crosswiki.png: 49/49 -

Turn Up Scrubs (1-49, movie, HBV, New Generation)
Excite Subs, (1-49)
TV-Nihon (1-49, movie, HBV)
NDASubs (1-10)
Bereke Scrubs (Drama CD)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So why did you say the show had no subs at all then? Are the other groups not that much better?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Larryb posted:

So why did you say the show had no subs at all then? Are the other groups not that much better?
Because I'm dumb and haven't watched much KR in literal years.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Last I checked I think pretty much every KR series has complete subs of some kind by now except maybe Skyrider (most of Sentai has been subbed at this point as well)

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

If anyone's interested- Episode One of Sevenger Fight! is here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hqn6GuZXdU

First fight is versus Jiras.. whoo boy this show has zippo budget

Episode 3 - Eleking got a gun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKv9MYiibPA

Bako came up with a giant rifle but hilarity ensues when Eleking steals the gun! Ending also funny

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 28, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh hell yeah Sevenger fight!!!

Also- HOT drat- SH Figuarts Kamen Rider Build NinNinComic form figure!!

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000156207/?spec=pc12&cref=1179991981&click_recom=1

also: BIG (40cm) tall Shin Ultraman figure- plastic and die-cast

https://tamashii.jp/special/dynaction/ultraman/

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Larryb posted:

The person(s) that subbed Ex-Aid when that season was airing came back to do Blade right before heading to parts unknown.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

The person(s) that subbed Ex-Aid when that season was airing came back to do Blade right before heading to parts unknown.
I remember their Ex-Aid subs being pretty good?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Motto posted:

some anons did a one-off TL for c1 of Ultraman: Darkness Heels Lili

https://imgur.com/a/h7VDhtw

Very interesting start. Belial as the protagonist seems like he'll be a lot of fun, the setting is neat with the use of existing Ultra lore (the Battle-Nizers, Belial knowing about them, the story Lili reads being of the original Ultraman) but applied in new ways (Belial never had the 3 minute limit before, so the planet is really messing him up). I have little knowledge of Camearra sadly (I'll get on Tiga...someday) but Belial actually feels quite in-character in spite of being toned down, hopefully that's the case for the rest once they appear. Dark Zagi seems like he'd be the hardest to deal with, while Juggler should need no changes, being a far more heroic person than he'd ever actually admit to be already.

Hopefully it keeps getting translated.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Twokaiser is fantastic.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

girl dick energy posted:

I remember their Ex-Aid subs being pretty good?

That's Excite and before I dropped out of Blade (episode 9 or something, real early) those subs were good too.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cast of Ultraman Trigger announced!

https://en.tsuburaya-prod.co.jp/news/2611

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GuyUpNorth posted:

That's Excite and before I dropped out of Blade (episode 9 or something, real early) those subs were good too.
Glad to be proven wring, then!

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Very interesting start. Belial as the protagonist seems like he'll be a lot of fun, the setting is neat with the use of existing Ultra lore (the Battle-Nizers, Belial knowing about them, the story Lili reads being of the original Ultraman) but applied in new ways (Belial never had the 3 minute limit before, so the planet is really messing him up). I have little knowledge of Camearra sadly (I'll get on Tiga...someday) but Belial actually feels quite in-character in spite of being toned down, hopefully that's the case for the rest once they appear. Dark Zagi seems like he'd be the hardest to deal with, while Juggler should need no changes, being a far more heroic person than he'd ever actually admit to be already.

Hopefully it keeps getting translated.

I see a Battlenizer, I clap.

I also hope to see more of this, that thing has a potentially fun premise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Royal Mega Master is very good.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Agreed, although the term 'Swing Sparkle' is probably not the best name for that attack.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Watching some select early Ultra eps and in OG #37 I like this subplot about Ide getting discouraged about his usefulness compared to Ultraman and Hayata trying to convince him otherwise then just getting pissed as hell after Pigmon dies. It's good messaging that's well embodied in the writing since it's entirely true that Ultraman genuinely can't do everything himself (underlined in two eps time where, you know), so Ide's not only falling into helplessness, he's abandoning Hayata to his face without knowing it.

Though it's also pretty funny to see Ide come out of his funk then immediately wipe a monster with a matter vaporizer he pulls out of his pocket.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmbo

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Twokai-oh looks pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H04FHZW-EXQ

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES