Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Komi doing what she can to set manbagi up for success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

can't wait for Komi to give him chocolate after Manbagi confesses and runs away without an answer to confuse him even more

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

CHAPTER 300 IS HERE

Oh dear

She confessed to him.................then took it away :unsmigghh:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Grouchio posted:

CHAPTER 300 IS HERE

Oh dear

She confessed to him.................then took it away :unsmigghh:

Oh double dear

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

:suspense:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This series isn't bad now is it?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Grouchio posted:

This series isn't bad now is it?

Nah it’s still good. I hope the love triangle gets wrapped up though, I’m increasingly tired of it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Man, I know it wasn't much of a reaction from him, but I was genuinely excited for a second there. I'm gonna be mad if they keep spinning their wheels with this much longer, but getting some real, tangible progress here is good and I am glad.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

(Please let the next chapter end with Tadano finally knowing Komi likes him back or something.)

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Manbagi is really doing her best at getting her best friend together with the boy that they both like, isn't she?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

She’s just in it for the chase, and she already won that.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Grouchio posted:

(Please let the next chapter end with Tadano finally knowing Komi likes him back or something.)

Yes, but I'll be upset if Manbagi tells him, though!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
looks like it's another case of "second character gets done dirty", just like literally every other romcom except a few

still, super cute chapter

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

looks like it's another case of "second character gets done dirty", just like literally every other romcom except a few

still, super cute chapter

she could've pulled it off if she didn't just sabotage herself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
we are witnessing multiple examples of self-confidence sabotage from all of our main characters. tragic

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Frankly, I'm glad we're nipping this in the bud baring any shenanigans next chapter. We just spent the whole last chapter with Tadano waiting on Komi's chocolate with bated breath and then thinking he's not getting any. He's already got a complex because of Kawai and the candy he gave Komi on white day was never commented upon (you'd think she'd have told somebody what Tadano got her and have the significance explained to her at some point, but no).

So in all honesty, his acceptance of Manbagi's confession made it feel as if he was saying "well I'm not good enough for Komi, I like Manbagi well enough I guess and I know for sure that she likes me" which would be a hollow victory for Manbagi and the path of least resistance for Tadano. Both Komi and Manbagi have been putting a lot of effort in to get to this point but Tadano has done little but beaten himself down and try to talk himself out of his crush. If I felt he was actually over Komi and not subconsciously settling I would be more upset at Manbagi's self sabatoge.

Instead, I'm glad we won't have to put up with 100 chapters of a doomed relationship even if I've seen a lot of readers feel that Komi losing would better emphasize the "if you don't communicate, you lose" lesson.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'd prefer a lesson like you can date more than one person and you don't have to be In Love to make a relationship legit, good grief.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Next chapter.

*inhales*

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA :kheldragar:

That's three new shots in the foot. I LOVE THIS MANGA.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 27, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm just gonna go....bury myself over here if yall need me.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

I'm just gonna go....bury myself over here if yall need me.
My condolences Manbagi fan. Hey maybe we'll still get the three-way in the end! Eventually!

Also also: Manbagi realized that they couldn't have been really happy together because Tadano loves Komi deep in his heart. Dodging a bullet early on to not end up as broken people is different from self-NTR. Tadano having no sense of self-worth in highschool is another common thing here; all the time it took for him to get to this chapter is because of that.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 27, 2021

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Neither of them deserve this girl.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
We knew what was gonna happen.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah there was like a 1% chance of anything else. I mean, her name is in the title.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sindai posted:

Yeah there was like a 1% chance of anything else. I mean, her name is in the title.
Vibrating Owlcat Thread: In Which Three Young Blockheads Can't Communicate

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZeusCannon posted:

We knew what was gonna happen.

I can still bury myself due to the awkwardness of everything.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Grouchio posted:

Vibrating Owlcat Thread: In Which Three Young Blockheads Can't Communicate

Now now, one of them just communicated herself out of a boyfriend.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I know the second girl getting hosed over is inevitable in a manga like this, and I wasn't particularly emotionally invested in Manbagi, but this whole plotline with her feels so unnecessary and... I hesitate to say "cruel" because it's just a dumb teen romance but Man these last couple chapters. What is the moral here?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Komi has a chance to do the best fix for this, and if she doesn't I'm going to learn to draw and give the true heroine Manbagi the happy ending she deserves.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I mean part of this is Tadano's character growth where he's making a choice and actually going for something he wants instead of retreating to safety and going with the flow.

I'm not sure how successful the manga is with that but it clearly seems to be what the author is going for.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
A really heartbreaking development for Katai.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Very successful series means the secondary love interest must self-sabotage in the name of ratings

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also the whole "love is an immutable and eternal force rather than a fluid and transient concept" cliche is so obnoxious. This series did a great job building the three of them as pretty realistic people outside of the 4koma hijinks, so it's a bummer to see manbagi sacrifice herself rather than go for it and try to get tadano to like her too.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Komi fix this pls

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Manbagi realizing that Tadano would rather be with Komi and encouraging him to go after her is a really nice character beat that shows her have a lot of character depth and underscores her relationships with Komi and Tadano, I don’t know why you folks are acting like it’s this act of self sabotage

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well everyone knew it was going to happen because the secondary love interest always does this sort of self-defeating thing in 99% of romcoms, I can only think of like two series where the proposed main love interest didn't actually end up with the mc and they went out with a secondary character instead

I do appreciate the way it played out, but it's still a bummer that we didn't even get to see them try to go out even a little bit, it was just an immediate backdown

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
If anything I respect Manbagi for FINALLY getting the status quo to change.
She really is too good for this manga.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Komi and Tadano have been pretty obviously into each other for a while. Good on Manbagi for not setting herself up for disaster.

Maybe the three of them will all get together later. Higher chance of that with this honest start, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else think that Tadano has a pretty bad case of impostor syndrome?

He only now realizes that he just doesn't see himself as worthy of having someone like him, or to be with him. Whatever positive qualities that Manbagi and Komi see in him, he never saw them in the same way or at all. The qualities they see just aren't there for him, he doesn't see them, and doesn't feel like he's worthy of having them or is just faking at having them.

Maybe that was a gut-punch for me thanks to my own life stuff but drat, it resonated.