Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Those last two are gonna have abandonment issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Reminds me of this old classic

https://i.imgur.com/o2rOEF5.mp4

Lol! I haven’t seen that one. Was he looking behind him to make sure his friends and family were witnessing his highbrow gorilla prank? (The rest of his troop, tribe, family, whatever, would have thrown feces, so his choice was actually preferable while still making it clear that he was being a jerk)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Chonk.
https://twitter.com/Bodegacats_/status/1387235403376300041?s=20

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Bored posted:

Lol! I haven’t seen that one. Was he looking behind him to make sure his friends and family were witnessing his highbrow gorilla prank? (The rest of his troop, tribe, family, whatever, would have thrown feces, so his choice was actually preferable while still making it clear that he was being a jerk)

Figured it was the gorilla version of a head fake.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/j1cYEn2.mp4

Sofa demon

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I once had a cat that crawled into the futon when my uncle was staying.

We found out after we had put the futon back away and couldn't find her. Until we heard meowing from the sofa.

How she didn't get killed I don't know.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

lol he has old man balls

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Noticed a weird gray patch in my poorly maintained lawn after I mowed. Thought it may have just been some garbage that the mower shredded, but when I pulled back the top layer of fuzz I got a surprise.

I covered them back up and put a pot on top with access for the mother after I took the picture.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/uiwsz4t.gifv

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

-Zydeco- posted:

Noticed a weird gray patch in my poorly maintained lawn after I mowed. Thought it may have just been some garbage that the mower shredded, but when I pulled back the top layer of fuzz I got a surprise.

I covered them back up and put a pot on top with access for the mother after I took the picture.

Like, right after? I'm so glad they're ok, you didn't even wake them up lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this is apparently how mother dogs teach their puppies to get on solid food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHBe0jT6S3U

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

fuzzy_logic posted:

Like, right after? I'm so glad they're ok, you didn't even wake them up lol

I'm pretty sure I woke them up. Its not a very deep hole unfortunately and I literally must have mowed only a couple inches over their heads. I really need to keep my grass down and make a better spot for rabbits to nest off to the side of the yard since I'm sure I've had at least two litters(?) grow up in my here judging from the holes that have appeared here and there in the last year. The tall grass is way too good of a place for them to hide and very hard for me to spot until after I mow since I tend to let it go for a several weeks at a time and get out of hand. I felt bad enough when I mowed over a garter snake a couple weeks ago. A bunch of baby rabbits would have been soul crushing.

I kind of built up a pot and tire arrangement that should hopefully stay put until they leave the nest. I don't think their eyes were quite open, but they were jumping a bit when I pressed the fuzz back down so they are reacting to things. I do need to put something down to make sure the mother is actually returning though.

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 03:23 on Apr 29, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

C'mon now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq9ghmgqoyc

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Mama ducks are both very protective of their young and also terrible parents with no sense. I've spent 20 minutes in a black-widow-infested storm drain fishing out ducklings, only to watch her lead her reunited brood right over another storm drain where they disappeared like lemmings jumping off a cliff. :cripes:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
A BBC crew herded the ducklings into a storm drain?!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

SubponticatePoster posted:

Mama ducks are both very protective of their young and also terrible parents with no sense. I've spent 20 minutes in a black-widow-infested storm drain fishing out ducklings, only to watch her lead her reunited brood right over another storm drain where they disappeared like lemmings jumping off a cliff. :cripes:

Ya, ducks subscribe to the quantity over quality method of reproduction.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/lfEpwmk.gifv

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
It's an acceptable response. Good Dog.

Oh, I met a dog yesterday! I was selling a car and the couple walked around to see it. When they took it round the block they left me with their very nervous mutt, Montana. We made friends.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Grass leaf under a microscope.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Hey! Trigger warning that poo poo!

Gave me flashbacks to my Plant Anatomy finals...

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Can't watch this one enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAILC2PGaqk

Flint was one of their intakes from the bobcat rehab program. He had been attacked by hunting dogs at 13 weeks old. It turned out he had a fractured spine and they eventually diagnosed a congenital condition that prevented his rerelease.

He quickly became a favorite at BCR because just look at that face. He's also donated blood to save other rescues. Since he's staying permanently they decided to introduce him to another of the younger permanent residents and clearly that was the best idea they've ever had.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Bert Roberge posted:

Grass leaf under a microscope.

:shroom:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/enCuAsT.mp4

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Can't watch this one enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAILC2PGaqk

Flint was one of their intakes from the bobcat rehab program. He had been attacked by hunting dogs at 13 weeks old. It turned out he had a fractured spine and they eventually diagnosed a congenital condition that prevented his rerelease.

He quickly became a favorite at BCR because just look at that face. He's also donated blood to save other rescues. Since he's staying permanently they decided to introduce him to another of the younger permanent residents and clearly that was the best idea they've ever had.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Me watching this video:

Dog or kid
Dog or kid
Dog or kid
YEAHHHH

Note: this would be my reaction to either one

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Apparently the babies were further along than I thought. They all left the nest sometime last night.

I'll have to see if I can spy them this evening around the yard.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/breesophiebree/status/1387814454713364486?s=20

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ddoniolvalcroze/status/1387896079627165698

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qsahmx1jpF1vzyfw1.mp4

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Wait 'til they grow up!

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/dc/ac/58/dcac58e6ce3fe2585de380cdd3c55803.jpg

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://i.imgur.com/rGTgyQ4.mp4

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Clever girl.

I will never stop posting dogs that I meet. This afternoon, this little 10-week old girl.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

"Can I interest you in helping out your local Cat Scout troop? Thin Tuna Mints maybe?"

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/contextkittens/status/1387846007547994113

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Me and my bro have worked out a walking route (4 mile round trip) to a local supermarket based on how many extremely good dogs we get to meet on the way :3:

We got chill cuddly sheepdog (cuddly until you throw toys for him, then no cuddles, only thowing), gentle scottie (as long as his shih tzu and boxer sibs are away), dancy boi (he dances, loves everyone very much) neat peets (he has lovely round trimmed toes) worried boxer girl (she's friendly, but careful), squinty old jack russell (old, squinty), incredibly cute lil white fluffer (sits on a windowsill, is suspicious but also adorable) and watchful schnauzer (he sits up high in a bay window and watches EVERYONE)

Oh my god, I nearly forgot Bonnie, she's a dachshund/something cross so shes a dachshund with absolutely enormous ears. She's lovely :3:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Pookah posted:

Me and my bro have worked out a walking route (4 mile round trip) to a local supermarket based on how many extremely good dogs we get to meet on the way :3:

We got chill cuddly sheepdog (cuddly until you throw toys for him, then no cuddles, only thowing), gentle scottie (as long as his shih tzu and boxer sibs are away), dancy boi (he dances, loves everyone very much) neat peets (he has lovely round trimmed toes) worried boxer girl (she's friendly, but careful), squinty old jack russell (old, squinty), incredibly cute lil white fluffer (sits on a windowsill, is suspicious but also adorable) and watchful schnauzer (he sits up high in a bay window and watches EVERYONE)

Oh my god, I nearly forgot Bonnie, she's a dachshund/something cross so shes a dachshund with absolutely enormous ears. She's lovely :3:

Wtf is this very cute post doing with no pictures. (Thank you for post)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/gWnqurp.mp4

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pookah posted:

The hardest thing about lockdown for me has been missing about the only reason I went into the office, Blue, the Staffie that an old boy who lives opposite the building owns. Our first meeting was certainly something - I was walking around the corner and almost bumped into this dog with a pack of sliced meat in his mouth. We both jumped, and just for a second I thought "whoops, I've just annoyed a bull terrier with food in his mouth, this might not go well" but he dropped the meat, nudged it towards me, and sat down. His owner came around the corner a few seconds later and said "Mate, you've got to tell him it's alright or he'll just sit there all day". Sure enough, I pointed at it and said "Go on then" and he grabbed the meat and ran off.

Genuinely this might be the sweetest, best-behaved dog I've ever met, and he also seems to have an almost perfect sense of which humans like dogs and which don't, and goes out of his way not to freak out anyone who's scared of him. Most of all though he *loves* offering his food to humans (and the cats that the bloke also owns). His owner buys him a pack of sliced meat for his dinner every night (pretty pricey way of doing things but Blue just *loves* this ritual) from the shop around the corner, gives it to him to take home, and he will drop it at the feet of any human that happens to cross his path along the way, and yep, if they don't tell him he can have it, he just sits there looking confused. I deliberately started taking an earlier lunch just for the opportunity to take part in this ritual (and make a big fuss of him on the way to the shop).

Absolutely best of all though - there's a homeless centre just down the road, and if the owner sees someone there with a dog, Blue will dutifully hand over his packet of meat to the other dog (and then bound back to the shop to get his own replacement). I've not seen Blue, or his owner (I did ask him his name once, and he told me, and then just told me "Everyone just calls me Blue's dad though" and sure enough I've forgotten his name, lol) in over a year and I really seriously hope both are okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The hardest thing about lockdown for me has been missing about the only reason I went into the office, Blue, the Staffie that an old boy who lives opposite the building owns. Our first meeting was certainly something - I was walking around the corner and almost bumped into this dog with a pack of sliced meat in his mouth. We both jumped, and just for a second I thought "whoops, I've just annoyed a bull terrier with food in his mouth, this might not go well" but he dropped the meat, nudged it towards me, and sat down. His owner came around the corner a few seconds later and said "Mate, you've got to tell him it's alright or he'll just sit there all day". Sure enough, I pointed at it and said "Go on then" and he grabbed the meat and ran off.

Genuinely this might be the sweetest, best-behaved dog I've ever met, and he also seems to have an almost perfect sense of which humans like dogs and which don't, and goes out of his way not to freak out anyone who's scared of him. Most of all though he *loves* offering his food to humans (and the cats that the bloke also owns). His owner buys him a pack of sliced meat for his dinner every night (pretty pricey way of doing things but Blue just *loves* this ritual) from the shop around the corner, gives it to him to take home, and he will drop it at the feet of any human that happens to cross his path along the way, and yep, if they don't tell him he can have it, he just sits there looking confused. I deliberately started taking an earlier lunch just for the opportunity to take part in this ritual (and make a big fuss of him on the way to the shop).

Absolutely best of all though - there's a homeless centre just down the road, and if the owner sees someone there with a dog, Blue will dutifully hand over his packet of meat to the other dog (and then bound back to the shop to get his own replacement). I've not seen Blue, or his owner (I did ask him his name once, and he told me, and then just told me "Everyone just calls me Blue's dad though" and sure enough I've forgotten his name, lol) in over a year and I really seriously hope both are okay.

Blue sounds like a perfectly wonderful, thoughtful sweet gentle pup :).

I absolutely would photograph all these lovely dogs but there's been an awful spate here of dog thefts during covid lockdown, so people are really worried about people showing unusual interest in their doggies :( I only know some of the people who take care of these pups, and even then, it's just the 'your dog is adorable' 'so is yours!' kind of street chat, so photos might make people worry.

We just gotta live with verbal descriptions of dancy boi, roundy neat peets and sleepy eyes friendly sheepdog for now.
Insanely cute lil white window fluffer, now, I might just get a photo of him.
He's too much.