Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
White Ultra Zero Monster is great because I don't drink coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I don't know if they still make redline? That stuff would make me get hot itchy feeling all over and could hear my heart in my chest

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

1redflag posted:

Wake me up when you're ready to become a real man, OP, and I'll drive you to the store to buy some

poo poo, came here to post this. I used to work for the guy who made the Cocaine drink, that stuff is delicious.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The original energy drink. I guess some whiny babies got it banned because cocaine infused wine causes heart attacks. Whatever. The Pope endorsed it and that's good enough for me.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Bang is terrible. Absolute worst. Idk how my partner can drink it. But only some flavors. The blue, especially, is undrinkable. Like it has dust in it. Reddit says it's because some flavors have/don't have BCAA.

The blue thing is crazy because I am addicted to 52 oz blue mountain dews from Circle K. It tastes like regular rear end melted popsicle. I get the itch every couple days. Must be that food coloring. I can't feel my feet.

Is C4 any good? If it's anything like the movie CB4, i know I'll be thoroughly pleased.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pakistani politics posted:

Bang is terrible. Absolute worst. Idk how my partner can drink it. But only some flavors. The blue, especially, is undrinkable. Like it has dust in it. Reddit says it's because some flavors have/don't have BCAA.

The blue thing is crazy because I am addicted to 52 oz blue mountain dews from Circle K. It tastes like regular rear end melted popsicle. I get the itch every couple days. Must be that food coloring. I can't feel my feet.

Is C4 any good? If it's anything like the movie CB4, i know I'll be thoroughly pleased.

C4 tastes like chemicals, hits like a truck, and never fails to make me poop.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I remember when Red Bull started being a thing. To begin with it was illegal in Norway, so whenever someone drove through Sweden or Finland, picking up a tray for your buddies was the cool thing to do.

Battery came on the market right after I started drinking, and was my go-to mixer with alcohol from then on. Eventually Red Bull became legal, but I never got comfortable with the flavor, and stuck to Battery.

A friend of mine started importing Red Devil to Norway a few years ago, it was interesting to see the whole process of getting that set up and getting it into stores. It eventually fizzled out and didn't go anywhere. Drink tasted good, but gently caress it was sugary!

I don't really drink alcohol or energy drinks any more, but in 2019 Battery launched a limited edition Black&White, which had a slight licorice taste. Really bad for mixing with vodka, but the best flavor in any energy drink I've ever tasted, and I'm really hoping they bring it back eventually!

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

evobatman posted:

I remember when Red Bull started being a thing. To begin with it was illegal in Norway, so whenever someone drove through Sweden or Finland, picking up a tray for your buddies was the cool thing to do.

Battery came on the market right after I started drinking, and was my go-to mixer with alcohol from then on. Eventually Red Bull became legal, but I never got comfortable with the flavor, and stuck to Battery.

A friend of mine started importing Red Devil to Norway a few years ago, it was interesting to see the whole process of getting that set up and getting it into stores. It eventually fizzled out and didn't go anywhere. Drink tasted good, but gently caress it was sugary!

I don't really drink alcohol or energy drinks any more, but in 2019 Battery launched a limited edition Black&White, which had a slight licorice taste. Really bad for mixing with vodka, but the best flavor in any energy drink I've ever tasted, and I'm really hoping they bring it back eventually!

That's a cool story. Do you know why it was illegal at first? Did the Norwegian FDA not had a chance to test it at the time?

Licorice and scandinavians. You should feel pandered to, honestly.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

donkey salami posted:

I don't know if they still make redline? That stuff would make me get hot itchy feeling all over and could hear my heart in my chest

I'm pretty sure Redline is 5-Hour Energy in a bigger bottle. It tastes exactly the same and the effect is what I would expect from drinking multiple shots at once.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Gonna drink my first monster.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Wow this tastes good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Five hour energy tastes like someone found a corpse floating at the top of a vat of pink lemonade, fished it out, then shrugged and said “well, I don’t want this to go to waste!”

Seriously it has this rotten flavor to it that just grosses me out every time.

That said, in college my go-to hangover cure was to take a 32 oz blue (has to be blue) Powerade and take a gulp of it. Then I’d dump in a 5 hour, shake, and chug as much as I could. Then it was time for powdered eggs and corned beef hash.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Into The Mild posted:

Gonna drink my first monster.

Welcome to the covenant.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Armitag3 posted:

That's a cool story. Do you know why it was illegal at first? Did the Norwegian FDA not had a chance to test it at the time?

Licorice and scandinavians. You should feel pandered to, honestly.

Too much caffeine and taurine made it classify as a drug, in the pharmaceutical sense. Around 2009 we adopted EU regulations, so it became legal.

Edit: I see you're the OP of this thread. Have you tried Battery, and what's your opinion on it? Is it even sold where you live? I remember when it came out all my friends used it for mixing, so we stacked a tower of 0,33l battery cans from floor to ceiling in my kitchen. The next morning I woke up, and my first thought was 'man, I need a battery'. Second thought was 'enough battery for a while'.

Edit 2: For SweGoons, I remember a knockoff energy drink (blue and silver can) from around 2007-2008 called X-Ray. It cost 5 SEK per 0,25 can, and tasted really good.

evobatman fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 28, 2021

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
drinking my morning monster zero ultra. sometimes costco has the variety packs with the white, orange and purple and those are my three favorite flavors. haven't seen that in a while. the purple one is really great because it doesn't really taste like grape, it tastes like purple.

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I'm pretty sure Redline is 5-Hour Energy in a bigger bottle. It tastes exactly the same and the effect is what I would expect from drinking multiple shots at once.
i don't think they taste the same at all, but it has different flavors. it's made by the same company as bang and they have some of the same flavors. one day i got really high but needed to run errands and thought a redline would sober me up. instead, i was just high and amped. i needed to go to the liquor store and when i got to the counter i was trying to set down the bottle slowly, but it was like zeno's liquor bottle and i couldn't quite get it there. the guy said "you can set it down" and i said "i'm trying!" of course i drank some of the liquor after that to try to counter the caffeine, but then i was just high, amped and drunk, aka "trombo'd"

Pakistani politics posted:

yes! i've only tried the orange flavor but it was really good, not like the rotten orange juice-flavored NOS

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Armitag3 posted:

I've had this recently as well! Gingerale hit and there's a spice that stays in the back of your throat, a bit more peppy than straight up drinking a Schweppes gingerale or something. A solid :shopkeeper::shopkeeper::shopkeeper:

Yeah I used to like the ginger ones too until I looked at the sugar content and it has 102% of your RDA.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

If just looking for the caffeine and not the taste, liquid caffeine is good. I will put some in my water at work and sip during the day.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sippin on my bean juice

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I haven't seen it anywhere besides one particular vending machine at work, but Xyience mango guava is the poo poo. This stuff is rocket fuel.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pocari Sweat

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

there was this iced cappuccino beverage i remeber as a kid in high school called something like "dinoccino" and it was drat tasty. it came in a small milk carton. google yeilds no memory of such a beverage.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Have you tried having a healthy mind and body and a good night's sleep? LOSERS

Also they love these things in Thailand and stuff. They drink 'em like Yakult in teeny-tiny bottles and they're probably crammed with stuff in quantities that's probably dubiously legal in places with more regulation.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Anyone try The Rock's energy drink Zoa? I haven't even seen one in the wild yet. I figure if The Rock uses them, and then I use them, ifsofacto I can be like The Rock. Huge and Samoan. As opposed to my current short and pasty white.

Rip It's are also awesome. I miss me some Citrus-X on tower guard, protecting my FOB from the Afghan kids herding their sheep. Get away from the wire kid! I don't speak your language. The cherry limeade one stateside is pretty good too.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

You've all convinced me to try Ultra Fiesta.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Cosmik Slop posted:

I haven't seen it anywhere besides one particular vending machine at work, but Xyience mango guava is the poo poo. This stuff is rocket fuel.

xyience and weed in the walmart parking lot accurately describes a dark period of my life

no idea what they put in it, but that combo used to have me hosed up and feeling great. i wonder if they still sell it

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

pro starcraft loser posted:

You've all convinced me to try Ultra Fiesta.

it's the only good one imo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Stevie Lee posted:

it's the only good one imo

theyre all good :colbert:

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.

This used to be at my local dollar tree just a few years and it was great. Like POG caps from the early 90s distilled into a drink.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Chinatown posted:

theyre all good :colbert:

the purple one is an affront to all other purple-flavored things

disgusting

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

evobatman posted:

Too much caffeine and taurine made it classify as a drug, in the pharmaceutical sense. Around 2009 we adopted EU regulations, so it became legal.

Edit: I see you're the OP of this thread. Have you tried Battery, and what's your opinion on it? Is it even sold where you live? I remember when it came out all my friends used it for mixing, so we stacked a tower of 0,33l battery cans from floor to ceiling in my kitchen. The next morning I woke up, and my first thought was 'man, I need a battery'. Second thought was 'enough battery for a while'.

Edit 2: For SweGoons, I remember a knockoff energy drink (blue and silver can) from around 2007-2008 called X-Ray. It cost 5 SEK per 0,25 can, and tasted really good.

Afraid I haven't. Despite being such a lightninghead, I have very little choice of energy drinks here. This thread is already feeding my import.csv for poo poo to buy online.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Jeza posted:

Also they love these things in Thailand and stuff. They drink 'em like Yakult in teeny-tiny bottles and they're probably crammed with stuff in quantities that's probably dubiously legal in places with more regulation.

I tried some of the energy “tonics” or whatever when I visited Japan a few years back. basically every convenience store has a rack that looks like this:

They all tasted horrible.

Also, it was depressing to learn that despite an abundance of 7-11’s across the nation, they don’t have Slurpees! Was really hoping they’d have a red bean or green tea slurped and was super disappointed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

1redflag posted:

I tried some of the energy “tonics” or whatever when I visited Japan a few years back. basically every convenience store has a rack that looks like this:

Also, it was depressing to learn that despite an abundance of 7-11’s across the nation, they don’t have Slurpees! Was really hoping they’d have a red bean or green tea slurped and was super disappointed.

Shoulda tried Pokari Sweat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Stevie Lee posted:

the purple one is an affront to all other purple-flavored things

disgusting

Gold is my current favorite.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Chinatown posted:

Gold is my current favorite.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

numberoneposter posted:

apparently BAWLS are still around

bawls fuckin rules

red bull is my go-to tho

monster and rockstar are both heinous

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Does Full Throttle still exist? I used to drink those in college but only because there was a vending machine with only full throttles in it down in my dorm’s basement.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

1redflag posted:

they're made so you can cumme hard

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

bawls fuckin rules

red bull is my go-to tho

monster and rockstar are both heinous

I tried the white Monster because I heard it was the trashiest of the trashy-- it actually wasn't too bad. Fairly light and refreshing. (I used to drink the lo-carb blue Monsters many years ago when I was prone to weird, stupid choices). Don't think I've ever tried a Rockstar. Red Bull is loving gross.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

1redflag posted:

When I went to Thailand and rode the My-Hung-Son motorcycle loop on a CBX-500 I stopped in this very provincial town and found a 7-11 with a slurpee machine! I was so surprised I took a picture. I'll have to wait until I get home to upload it. Actually I should do a photobomb of that moto trip at least it was pretty darn cool.

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.1609107,97.9391872,3a,75y,207.73h,87.6t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ssM97JTf5W8ptHUtl-_d6xA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Any ways that particular 7-11 had Slurpee machine! it was like 38 degrees celcius and it hit the loving spot. I think I got coke and a fruity one. AFAIK its the only 7-11 Slurpee machine in The Kingdom of Thailand.

You can get dim sum at every 7-11 on the other hand.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I had a Thai Red Bull a few weeks ago. It was interesting. More or less the same flavor but not carbonated and very concentrated (it’s like a 4 ounce can with the same payload as a 12 oz can).