Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
well that looked bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Match was a little messy, but those two are pros and covered the botches really well.

Still wish Dakota were champ instead.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Dakota for men's champ, gently caress Kreepy Karrion Kross

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
That Dakota/Mercedes match was heatless. Also all three women involved are heels. God, putting the title on Raquel is starting to look more and more like a mistake.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

The Make a Wish logo makes me think the screens are all sick kids

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

George Michael was great, you should know this Spud

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bronson Reed is cool and the Way continues to entertain.

Indi telling Dexter he talks too much lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol the Ted DiBiase cameo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I feel like wrestling could do with a ton more promos like that one Pete Dunne cut. Straight to the point, establish yourself as a bad man with your eyes on a title, call out a bunch of top guys, throw in some specific personal history, good stuff.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh no. Did WWE sign Tessa?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh no. Did WWE sign Tessa?

As far as I know, no, they just had a teaser image that was weirdly close to her brand. Because it's not gimmick theft if everyone hates the person you're stealing from, I guess.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
NXT really is being booked like Raw and Smackdown these days. KUSHIDA loses to Pete Dunne then he wins the Cruiserweight championship then he loses a 6 man tag. Up. Down. Up. Down. Who could care?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I liked the show this week. It was very wrestling heavy which goes a long way for me, and the main story right now of Indie and Dexter remains fun.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DarkstarIV posted:

God, putting the title on Raquel is starting to look more and more like a mistake.

it absolutely was, both her and kross

Codependent Poster posted:

Bronson Reed is cool and the Way continues to entertain.

agreed

the debiase cameo was really funny

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Opening match was a complete banger, although too bad about the ending.

Sarray and Zayda had a fun match.

Closing segment was also a banger. This was probably the right result, as much as I've enjoyed Ember and Shotzi; the problem being that woman's tag division suffers from just being a constant whirlwind of events over the past three months that nothing has time to really breathe, but so much of the show is around Candace that it makes sense to me for the belts to be with them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm already looking forward to the cringy-as-gently caress interviews that can be boiled down to some racist "look at the silly foreign person who has a different first language than the rest of us" promos with Saree.

If you do a drinking game where you take a swig every time they mention sushi or sake, or do a haha-larious knee-slapper of a joke about how "she no speak engrish good," during a promo involving someone Japanese, most of the time it'll be the last thing you remember before you wake up 3 towns over with a massive hangover.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Really enjoying the micro bits my boys Everrise are doing on NXT, they're the best.

P.s watch their everrise live stuff on Saturdays on twitter or facebook or whatever, it's literally a 10 minute flashback to pretty much every conversation we have together (yes, all our circle of friends talk exactly like how they do in their show, it's hilarious)

I've been on Thin Ice for some hockey pool shenanigans for months now

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

stab posted:

Really enjoying the micro bits my boys Everrise are doing on NXT, they're the best.

P.s watch their everrise live stuff on Saturdays on twitter or facebook or whatever, it's literally a 10 minute flashback to pretty much every conversation we have together (yes, all our circle of friends talk exactly like how they do in their show, it's hilarious)

I've been on Thin Ice for some hockey pool shenanigans for months now

Can someone post a streamable of the Everrise stuff? I love their weird energy so much and only wish they were putting it to use in a company/on a show I actually watched.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rick posted:

Opening match was a complete banger, although too bad about the ending.

Closing segment was also a banger.

agreed

this was the best start-to-finish nxt weekly tv show in a long long time

another funny debiase bit, tiesto on the marquee haha

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'll never get tired of DiBiase vs. Grimes

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
2 out of 3 falls with 20 minutes left seems really fast (even with a overrun)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kushida and Escobar are so good.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'll never get tired of DiBiase vs. Grimes

Million Dollar Man vs Canadian Synth-pop singer

Book it Vince, you coward.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Breezeango vs MSK was decent.

Wow we haven't seen the Young Bucks in NXT in their "Ever Rise" personas since they won the AEW championship, I guess they are belt chasing now too .... . . . . . . . . . . . .

Leon Ruff did the move where he necks himself on the ropes and then does a clothesline again! 41 minute mark. Okay for a squash match, Leon Ruff is such a great underdog.

Hit Row has potential but dear god stay away from the main roster.

Ted and Grimes are so good.

Kushida vs Escobar, my DVR cut off after the second fall. Seemed good to that point?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ever Rise have a lot more depth than "Young Bucks" but you never really get to see that in NXT. I think...They've also been around about the same amount of time

stab
Feb 12, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Ever Rise have a lot more depth than "Young Bucks" but you never really get to see that in NXT. I think...They've also been around about the same amount of time

They've been around longer, and have COMPLETELY different styles. They're not even brothers!!!

The only passing resemblance is the gear and it's a tenuous one at that.

The bucks are high flyers, my boys are promo guys.

Sorry, the Bucks/Everrise comps is always good for a solid trigger hahaha.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

stab posted:

They've been around longer, and have COMPLETELY different styles. They're not even brothers!!!

It's a small miracle Quack let them do what they did in CHIKARA, 2.0 -> Badd Boys -> 3.0 into getting the first pin on their monster tag-team was such a great run. Shane is so good at the pseudo cocaine fueled Scott Steiner promo with Shane as the translator and I think the only promos I've seen from them were on 205 Live and web-exclusives.

They're so drat good in the ring too

Like I said in the WWE thread, NXT has some of my favorite wrestlers and manage to make me not care about any of them.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 12, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat I thought my pretending I think Ever Rise/Young Bucks are the same people was original material. I guess not. I will have to let that one go if people do it a lot.

Next you are going to tell me that there are other people who pretend Corey Graves is CM Punk.

Stevel
Dec 25, 2004
These moonlight desires haunt me....

stab posted:

I think they could use some security....large, spell-casting security...

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Stevel posted:

I think they could use some security....large, spell-casting security...

I'll call those two and make sure their supply of powder is ready....

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

RealFoxy posted:

and manage to make me not care about any of them.

just watched it. there were three belt matches and i didnt care about any of them because there was little/no story or build behind any of them

kushida/escobar was very good tho

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Zoey Stark is pretty impressive, I gotta say.

Holy poo poo what was that that Storm busted out?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a variation on the Ruby Cutter.

Dean Allmark trained her.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
good for bronson :unsmith:

i liked him back when he had the thicc boi gimmick (which sucked) but after his injury recovery with a new look and theme i thought hes been awesome. also i didnt realize he has damien priest syndrome and thought he was a LOT younger than he actually is

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Two WWE champs from Adelaide now. :)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cameron Grimes is super entertaining.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Taya getting legit star presentation, including an entrance song that's actually solid against all odds. Shame about the name though

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Franky looked good in her debut.

Not a ton of wrestling on this show.

Main event was decent. Finn is working so hard to make Kross look good while still looking good himself. I guess I never really believed they were switching the title here though.

Rick fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 26, 2021

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cameron Grimes is super entertaining.

yeah

bronson reed is cool too

kross loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevel
Dec 25, 2004
These moonlight desires haunt me....

That triple threat just ended? Did the announcers explain?