Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Oh hell yes a Lifetime side-show. Their episodes on Invisible Child and Cyber Seduction is top tier and anyone who hasn’t checked those out need to ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh hell yes a Lifetime side-show. Their episodes on Invisible Child and Cyber Seduction is top tier and anyone who hasn’t checked those out need to ASAP.

Invisible Child was one of the first WHM episodes I heard, and it's the one that hooked me.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just got around to the Double Team episode and all that talk but no mention of Kim Jong il kidnapping an actress and a director and forcing them to make 17 films? Shame on Eric, Steve, Chris.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/Crabin/status/1386516155666509828

Rabin with the most important Oscars tradition

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

They Farina'd Stuart Gordon? That's a goddamn travesty!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MariusLecter posted:

Just got around to the Double Team episode and all that talk but no mention of Kim Jong il kidnapping an actress and a director and forcing them to make 17 films? Shame on Eric, Steve, Chris.

And that director ended up directing 3 ninjas knuckle up

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I was also there on opening night for The Mod Squad

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Glad to know the gang hates Avengers 1998 as much as I do. I don't know if a Snyder Cut treatment could save it. It's just an incoherent mess chopped up into a bigger mess. The sort of thing you just watch and think "They wasted 60 mil on THIS?" The Cats of its day.

Their sheer bafflement at Ralph Fiennes lack of reaction to everything I think was a bit puzzling though. The "joke" is clearly that Steed is a paragon of the British Stiff Upper Lip. Felt pretty obvious to me, unlike EVERYTHING ELSE.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 28, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That galaxy brain podcast they advertised at the beginning of the episode just sounds like an absolutely awful show.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

That galaxy brain podcast they advertised at the beginning of the episode just sounds like an absolutely awful show.

Like to see the boys getting paid, but holy crap the ads lately have been painful. lovely scripts, lovely products. I miss the days when they barely tried sounding earnest in their ads, now it sounds fake as poo poo.

In other news, I've listened to every episode but I like to put podcasts on at nap time so I recycle my classics. I could use some recommendations though. What are some great episodes/batshit movies?
Here's the ones I already listen to and can recommend.

First String
Brainscan
Pet Sematary 2
Hellraiser 3
Cyber Seduction
Invisible Child
The Good Son
Mortal Kombat
The Substitute 1 + 2
Thinner
Blame it on Rio
Species 1 + 2

Second String
Traces of Red
The Pallbearer
Abraxas
Blind Fury
The Devil's Advocate
Daredevil
Letter from Death Row
Hollow Man
Rising Sun
Any Death Wish
The Bye Bye Man

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

ravenkult posted:

Like to see the boys getting paid, but holy crap the ads lately have been painful. lovely scripts, lovely products. I miss the days when they barely tried sounding earnest in their ads, now it sounds fake as poo poo.

In other news, I've listened to every episode but I like to put podcasts on at nap time so I recycle my classics. I could use some recommendations though. What are some great episodes/batshit movies?

First String
Brainscan
Pet Sematary 2
Hellraiser 3
Cyber Seduction
Invisible Child
The Good Son
Mortal Kombat
The Substitute 1 + 2
Thinner
Blame it on Rio
Species 1 + 2

Second String
Traces of Red
The Pallbearer
Abraxas
Blind Fury
The Devil's Advocate
Daredevil
Letter from Death Row
Hollow Man
Rising Sun
Any Death Wish
The Bye Bye Man

Absolutely put Hard Target on your list. It's an all-timer.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

ravenkult posted:

First String
Brainscan
Pet Sematary 2
Hellraiser 3
Cyber Seduction
Invisible Child
The Good Son
Mortal Kombat
The Substitute 1 + 2
Thinner
Blame it on Rio
Species 1 + 2

Second String
Traces of Red
The Pallbearer
Abraxas
Blind Fury
The Devil's Advocate
Daredevil
Letter from Death Row
Hollow Man
Rising Sun
Any Death Wish
The Bye Bye Man

:siren: GYMKATA! :siren:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Pippi Longstocking
White Noise
Addicted to Love
The Ewok Movies
Chopping Mall
Mr. Destiny (any Jim Belushi movie, really)
Hider in the House
Silver Bullet
One Magic Christmas

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I was really enjoying the Avengers episode since they literally don't talk about the movie at all and I really liked the random tangents they went on and then feetle came up and I think I popped a rib out from laughing.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Mrs. Doubtfire remains my all-timer. I think the moment the show hooked me is when they were doing impressions of Bill Clinton fooling fat kids to juice the economy.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

My all timers:

LXG
Demolition Man
Batman Vs Superman
Bee Movie
Abraxas: Guardian of the Universe
Mortal Kombat
Deep Rising
Devils Advocate
Species 1+2

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I would add

Boondock Saints 2
It's a Wonderful Life
Wild Hogs
My Best Friend's Wedding
The Friday the 13th movies and Jason X

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Belushi, Ventura and Brimley impression episodes are must listens

:bahgawd: GODDAMOUT

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I never understood the "God damoot" thing with their Brimley impressions but I will agree that it's one of their better impressions.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

explosivo posted:

I never understood the "God damoot" thing with their Brimley impressions but I will agree that it's one of their better impressions.

It's his Cajun persona from Hard Target IIRC

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I loved the What Women Want episode, mostly because I love when Chelsea is on. I've also listened to the Back To The Future/BTTF 2 episodes a bunch of times.

I also listened to the Empire Strikes Back episode and I wanted a MacClunkey cut of Citizen Kane.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

sean10mm posted:

Belushi, Ventura and Brimley impression episodes are must listens

:bahgawd: GODDAMOUT

Traces of Red is the first appearance of the dominos pizza insurance and it's one of the top bits ever.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Just thinking of random bits I've re-listened to a million times.
- The Holly Hunter impression during BvS
- Steve's story of an elderly man leaning on his wife for support while he rips a monster fart (White Noise)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

B-Rock452 posted:

Traces of Red is the first appearance of the dominos pizza insurance and it's one of the top bits ever.

:haibrower:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Also, who can forget "Come on down to the Gettin' Place!"

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

I'd add Babycakes to the list of classics.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Angel has fallen is still the best episode they’ve done in the last couple years. The president nerd bit plus Nick Nolte’s skeleton wife haven’t been touched.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Peyote Panda posted:

:hmmyes:

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Street Fighter has Ninja Scroll discourse, Sandals, and the rare chance for the guys to just talk about and like Raul Julia

The Wizard has Googling for first kisses, Robert Stack asking you to help solve a mystery, and the man who would be Spider-Man

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Peyote Panda posted:

Yes, but, it should be said, like Blame It On Rio, this one is not for beginners. These episodes are for advanced WHM listeners only.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Peyote Panda posted:

Good call.

I'd throw Russell Madness on the pile.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Eric revealed on Letterboxd that May's WLM is going to be Escape from New York!

I'm pumped for it, this is one I've always meant to watch but just never got around to.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
For me the episodes I seem to listen to most are

I, Frankenstein
Suicide Squad
Getaway
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mooncrash (the origin of Martin Cinemax III) and Letter From Death Row are ones I revisit a lot.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Ultraviolet remains one of my main go-to's when I am revisiting old eps because I honestly still love hearing them be so confused and so utterly lost for the length of an entire episode.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm going to predict that Mortal Kombat will be on their worst of 2021 list.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm going to predict that Mortal Kombat will be on their worst of 2021 list.

except it was good.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Looking at their Letterboxd reviews you’re probably right.

Andrew - 1 star
Chris - 2 stars

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I think Jupin already said it’s a likely candidate. Probably like Venom a few years back, not technically the worst movie but will make a fun episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Yeah, I thought Mortal Kombat was fun but it's also a perfect candidate to do an episode on since it's so dumb. Plus I'm hoping we get more Lambert impressions even though he's not in the movie.