Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

I played Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion and Nuts and both are good and cute and funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
I like that one game where you do the thing and the thing happens and you get the thing.

Prof. Crocodile

Khad posted:

I like that one game where you do the thing and the thing happens and you get the thing.

'Richard Scarry's Busy World' for Sega Gensis?

Khad

Prof. Crocodile posted:

'Richard Scarry's Busy World' for Sega Gensis?

Hmmm. I don't remember it being a horror game.

boz
The only negative I have for the new MK movie is what they did to the song

Uria aalge

Chi-la-la-la-lax
I want to play "Disco Elysium" again, as I never finished it and it's awesome, but I have two babies and no time

Actually I have time to write this, so...

Thank you for the winter sig, Heather Papps!

Thanks for the summer sig, ChubbyChecker!

"Nobody owns life, but everyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death" - Kurt Cobain

Prof. Crocodile

every piece of evidence indicates that I would like disco elysium, but I have never so much as seen a screenshot. maybe I should investigate.

itry

Not a full screenshot, but

:haw:

itry fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 26, 2021

nut

Uria aalge posted:

I want to play "Disco Elysium" again, as I never finished it and it's awesome, but I have two babies and no time

Actually I have time to write this, so...

I played like an hour and loved it and then immediately realized I wouldn’t have the patience or time to play it out

itry

It's not that long. Or maybe it is depending on your definition. 20-40 hours.

I haven't played the added stuff in the final cut. That will probably add a couple of hours.

Bobby Deluxe

i am still enjoying pillars of eternity, more so now i finally understand the stats and classes a bit better

bit sad because there are a few bits in the endless paths where i just murdered the dudes because i didnt have the language yet and now i am worried about doung things in the wrong order and missing out

its very good though and aside from the stash space and hunter pet locking up every now and then the ps4 port is pretty useable

Prof. Crocodile

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i am still enjoying pillars of eternity, more so now i finally understand the stats and classes a bit better

I had this experience as well. and it’s not like the stats and classes are poorly explained, it’s just that the combat is surprisingly deep so you really need to get into some serious fights before things really click.

Bobby Deluxe

also that they use terms like 'sneak attack' without clearly explaining how it is set off, so i skipped the attack that hobbles people because i figured how useful can it be stopping someone from moving twice every encounter

its my fault for insisting on playing a rogue so i can absolutely always open every single box

biosterous

master chief collection: i like playing all the old bungie halo games! and also 343 added this weird mass effect fangame that they called "halo 4" for some reason? it's a pretty okay mass effect fangame! not sure why they called it halo 4 though, if it was a halo game it would a fuckin dire halo game.

but it's a mass effect fangame so it's playable

also halo 2 gungoose ctf is the best game mode ever made

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I will honestly probably stop playing video games once I am IMMUNE and can go outside again.

my big tv is still literally in an unfortunate categorical biohazard situation so i'm stuck without my ps5 and it's driving me a little crazy but the craziness is driving me to new and ever more frivolous hobbies

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

ask me anything about drinking to total excess and playing piano badly to random songs until like 3 am, except don't because the memories are usually pretty hazy idk sometimes streaming is involved

Khanstant

Nosfereefer posted:

:siren: I HAVE OFFICIALLY WON ADOM :siren:

it took way more than 100 tries, and I'm already rolling another character

send help plz

e: since ive spent way too much time on a game that came out before i was even born, ive had time to think

the game can be divided into certain parts;

life is cheap part: before reaching lvl~10 and getting to dwarf town, just about any random factor can end the game outright. "gently caress you, have a boss generated in the first area you enter, deal w/ it" luckily this takes p much about 10 minutes, and characters dying from random bullshit at that point is more or less funny
become the flame part: killing the serpent in the water temple is NBD, but then you have to deal w/ the ancient wyrm of chaos. if you haven't found any fire-protective gear, say goodbye to your stuff. either way, good luck w/ the wyrm (it is p much harder than the stuff you'll face for a long time, even with your stuff intact) this is often a couple of hours lost
cat dude: after dealing w/ the wyrm, you basically have much of the tools to avoid death, and the game is actually not that arbitrary anymore. death is usually due to not paying attention. well, at a certain point the cat lord is spawned and he will wreck you. the best bet is to hope that you can sneak through the level, never meeting him. gently caress that guy. maybe four hours or more at this point
post cat dude: congratulations! the dungeon is pretty much your oyster now. hopefully you wont get corrupted by chaos too bad, and remember where the cat lord is (i backtraced into him w/ one dude and whelp). closing the gates of chaos can be done in a planned fashion (unlike running into the cat lord, wth)

congrats dude, adom is the first roguelike ive ever tried and the first of all roguelikes ive never beaten

(actually i beat the regular boss of spelunky once or twice, maybe beat the boss in binding of isaac, beat rogue legacy, but like none of the hard true roguelikes that count as noteworthy ascensions. someday!)

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i 15 runed dungeon crawl stone soup and consider it a life accomplishment

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I got a Series S and now I can't stay with one game at a time due to Gamepass.

snergle

A kind little mouse!

boz posted:

The only negative I have for the new MK movie is what they did to the song

yeah i was kind of hyped when scorpion showed up and the song started then i was like wait whats this bs

Khad

Mortal Kombat!!!!!!!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Test your might
Test your might
Test your might
Test your might
MORTAL KOMBAT!

FIGHT!
MORTAL KOMBAT!
EXCELLENT!

EXCELLENT!
Kano, Liu Kang, Raiden, Johnny Cage
Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya
MORTAL KOMBAT!

FIGHT!x3
MORTAL KOMBAT!
EXCELLENT!
EXCELLENT!

Test your might
Test your might
MORTAL KOMBAT!

Kano, Liu Kang, Raiden, Johnny Cage
Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya
MORTAL KOMBAT!

EXCELLENT!

Khanstant
boob saidboobot

itry

Khanstant posted:

boob saidboobot

:black101: MORTAL KOMBAT :black101:

itry

But seriously, the original song still sounds good today. Don't remix it unless you have something interesting to bring to the table.

Edit: I will allow remastering

itry fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 28, 2021

posting smiling
:siren:going live now with bear truck game from developer of desert golf -> come to learn about bear/truck info https://www.twitch.tv/mrjorts

Scaly Haylie

noita good

beer pal

anyone into mobile games im looking for something i can lpay on my ipad while im on the exercise bike. any hot recs?

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

biosterous

good but i got bored and stopped playing (after like three years): fire emblem heroes

bad and i stopped playing after less then a year but just picked it up again and am having fun despite it being really bad and janky: magic the gathering puzzle quest

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Finally beat Celeste after years of picking it up and playing and getting mad and ignoring it. What a wonderful game. Platformer stuff usually annoys me but this one hit the spot

posting smiling

beer pal posted:

anyone into mobile games im looking for something i can lpay on my ipad while im on the exercise bike. any hot recs?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sfcave/id331150716

itry

beer pal posted:

The only mobile game I've played is Konami's Pixel Puzzle Collection (Apple). It's free and surprisingly good. Also I didn't see any ads, but ymmv.

Whether you can use it on your bike depends on the speed you're going, I guess :)

itry fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 2, 2021

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I liked a game called 10000000 (10million) and another called Ridiculous Fishing. There's a spiritual sequel to 10mil called You Must Build a Boat that is neat but I haven't played much.

If you want a competitive game to play against anonymous people who will make you incredibly angry, Clash Royale is really fun.

beer pal

thanks yall gonna try some of these out

just started a dark souls 1 replay (only played it once before, in 2014 ish) and i beat the gargoyles on the first try. did u know moonlight butterfly is harder than the bell gargoyles

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

beer pal posted:

just started a dark souls 1 replay (only played it once before, in 2014 ish) and i beat the gargoyles on the first try. did u know moonlight butterfly is harder than the bell gargoyles

Dark souls frickin rules!!!!

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

beer pal posted:

Only if you don't bring a bow or pyromancy. Get some distance and it's easy breezy

beer pal

i tried using a crossbow but it was doing like 12 damage lol. still an easy fight just a bit annoying with melee

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I hope it's not controversial to say....

video games are good

Prof. Crocodile

Zil posted:

video games are good

...go on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

Zil posted:

video games are good

mods??