Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Bought a PS5 bundle about a month ago on Gamestop for my birthday and then the FedEx delivery guy stole it (marked it as delivered without having attempted delivery of anything) which tbh is so ridiculous that I could only laugh.

All of these console drops are hosed. I bought an Xbox Series X on Monday that I'm not even sure I want because you get caught up in the excitement of actually being able to buy something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Adun posted:

Bought a PS5 bundle about a month ago on Gamestop for my birthday and then the FedEx delivery guy stole it (marked it as delivered without having attempted delivery of anything) which tbh is so ridiculous that I could only laugh.

All of these console drops are hosed. I bought an Xbox Series X on Monday that I'm not even sure I want because you get caught up in the excitement of actually being able to buy something

Did... Did you wind up getting the console or did he get away with it?

Also it says these thing are still for sale but the buttons still aren't working. gently caress me, Rachet and Clank is probably not worth the hassle.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Caidin posted:

Did... Did you wind up getting the console or did he get away with it?

Also it says these thing are still for sale but the buttons still aren't working. gently caress me, Rachet and Clank is probably not worth the hassle.

Nah he got away with it. Pretty much nothing you can do, I just got a refund from Amex immediately.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Mad Men rules as does the first season of Twin Peaks which means I should probably get around to the other seasons too lol

Twin Peaks S2 has some hard-to-watch storylines that many fans recommend skipping past, but the followup movie Fire Walk With Me owns bones. And then it all has the spectacular payoff of S3, which is easily the best thing I've ever watched, film or television. 18 hours of Lynch with a budget and full creative control, it's so good it's unreal.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bust Rodd posted:

The enemy design is one of the game's biggest selling points to me. We don't get a lot of 3rd person Cthullu games with good action.

I think one or two of them are good but they all kind of have the same tentacle thing goin on

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I don't really intend to scalp the PS5s, unless you count CC points apparently every goon in my area has one, it'll just auto-cancel anyway and some lucky rando will get it

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I’ve been rewatching Sons of Anarchy and it’s gloriously stupid. Top tier hatewatching right up there with the West Wing.

The Sons are hilariously bad at crimes. Hundreds murdered, half their gang dead, a few dozen life sentences worth of crimes each, and they make less profit than a teenager with a part time job at McDonalds. Oh and they’re super racist but the show tries to cover for that by positioning them next to an openly Nazi gang. Just the worst people.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay now it's giving me a captcha and then saying it's not available anymore. loving hell. I was right there when they first went up, was I supposed to relocate to someplace with a fiber optic landline to the servers?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

acksplode posted:

Twin Peaks S2 has some hard-to-watch storylines that many fans recommend skipping past, but the followup movie Fire Walk With Me owns bones. And then it all has the spectacular payoff of S3, which is easily the best thing I've ever watched, film or television. 18 hours of Lynch with a budget and full creative control, it's so good it's unreal.

Some notes about this:

- before the weak parts of season 2 you have an incredible first 8-10 episodes which are even better than season 1 imo

- don’t skip anything even though you may want to. some storylines you can happily do something else during though, and you’ll know which they are

- season 3 is absolutely my favourite piece of media of all time, flaws and all

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've been there for a while, and now it's gotten so bad that most of the time the button doesn't even bring up a captcha and when it does going through it produces no response (not even a "not in stock" popup)

There's just no good way to sell batches of 100 consoles at a time to 100,000 people trying to buy them all at once

The site finally cut me off while I was typing this and the button says not available now

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 28, 2021

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Newegg's shuffle today has two PS5 bundles

https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle?RandomID=333771043625421520210428114222

Bestbuy has dualsense chargers--these generally go pretty fast

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-5-dualsense-charging-station-white/6430165.p?skuId=6430165

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1n5XqwUkYw

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

I read a cached version (which I can no longer find) of that Fextralife Returnal review people were talking about earlier. It was not a particularly informative or well-written review.

For what it's worth I think "pricepoint" got a 9 because they said it's 50-70 hours and they felt like that was good value for the money.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Adun posted:

If you don't already have a gaming pc or are in dire need of an upgrade like me, you will probably enjoy the series x. It's a pretty exceptional system that plays games really well but also doesn't offer a whole lot over a decent gaming pc unless you're already invested in the Xbox ecosystem. And you know, it's like slightly easier as a human being to get a series x vs a GPU right now.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
yeah fedex drivers steal poo poo all the time they have huge turnover

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

John Romero posted:

yeah fedex drivers steal poo poo all the time they have huge turnover

I was wondering about this, lol. Tons of those folks are making poo poo wages--got nothing to lose. Delivering tons of new PS5s must be tempting,

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Doctor Nutt posted:

If you don't already have a gaming pc or are in dire need of an upgrade like me, you will probably enjoy the series x. It's a pretty exceptional system that plays games really well but also doesn't offer a whole lot over a decent gaming pc unless you're already invested in the Xbox ecosystem. And you know, it's like slightly easier as a human being to get a series x vs a GPU right now.

Yeah I haven't upgraded my video card since 2016 and skipped out on the entire previous Xbox generation so looking forward to finally getting some 4K gaming in and catching up on a lot of the games I missed which are all on Xbox game pass. I'm also randomly very excited for Flight Simluator on Xbox.

I'll just grab a PS5 when the new God of War game comes out. Hopefully by then the process to buy one won't be so aggravating.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I was wondering about this, lol. Tons of those folks are making poo poo wages--got nothing to lose. Delivering tons of new PS5s must be tempting,

At least those drivers have official jobs and real trucks and uniforms. Can't tell you how many Amazon orders are fulfilled in my neighbourhood by some person who rolls up in their own sedan filled to the ceiling with parcels.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Adun posted:

Yeah I haven't upgraded my video card since 2016 and skipped out on the entire previous Xbox generation so looking forward to finally getting some 4K gaming in and catching up on a lot of the games I missed which are all on Xbox game pass. I'm also randomly very excited for Flight Simluator on Xbox.

Yeah, I am loving stoked to see MSFS on the series x because it was very disappointing at the stuff I had to do to even make it playable on my PC. I have no idea if my current flight stick (saitek x52) will be compatible though so big rip if I need to play it with a drat xbox controller.

Lobok posted:

At least those drivers have official jobs and real trucks and uniforms. Can't tell you how many Amazon orders are fulfilled in my neighbourhood by some person who rolls up in their own sedan filled to the ceiling with parcels.

And yet none of these people have stolen my poo poo, personally.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
FedEx might steal your PS5, but it still sounds better than dealing with UPS.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Lobok posted:

yeah, sorry, that's more the tempted delivery driver theft I meant, gig workers and such

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

BGrifter posted:

Bleh, nothing I’ll even install. But we got FF7R as PS+ so I can’t complain for a month or two at least.

Returnal and Resi 8 coming out within a week of each other - no way would Sony give you any excuse not to buy them if you’re desperate to play something (good and) new. I’m not being cynical but bad Sony, it just makes sense.

It’s definitely going to work on me, I’m going to be buying one of those games.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Aidan_702 posted:

Returnal and Resi 8 coming out within a week of each other - no way would Sony give you any excuse not to buy them if you’re desperate to play something (good and) new. I’m not being cynical but bad Sony, it just makes sense.

It’s definitely going to work on me, I’m going to be buying one of those games.

Makes sense. I’ve got such an enormous backlog I don’t need anything new. I’m a couple days into Nier Automata and it’s pretty good so far!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Doctor Nutt posted:

And yet none of these people have stolen my poo poo, personally.

They're all equally as bad at letting other people steal poo poo, though. I used to live in an apartment building and so many deliveries either get no knock on my front door (so it's just sitting in the hallway free for anyone to take unseen) or they'll leave the whole building's orders downstairs in the lobby because I guess 90% of making a delivery counts as making a delivery.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

BGrifter posted:

FedEx might steal your PS5, but it still sounds better than dealing with UPS.

It doesn't really matter. Bad poo poo can still happen with either carrier.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the neir remake is really good. its got the dlc side story that nobody bought back on the 360, its got a whole new chapter in part 2 with its own A route/B route versions and new vignettes in C route to tie it into the story like it was always there, and i'm a few more hours away from seeing the new E route and i'll report back if that owns too.
its a great package and the combat improvements have made beating it 3 times in 5 days much better than it was when i did it on the old xbox.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

the neir remake is really good. its got the dlc side story that nobody bought back on the 360, its got a whole new chapter in part 2 with its own A route/B route versions and new vignettes in C route to tie it into the story like it was always there, and i'm a few more hours away from seeing the new E route and i'll report back if that owns too.
its a great package and the combat improvements have made beating it 3 times in 5 days much better than it was when i did it on the old xbox.

I never played the OG version but the remake is great so far and the combat is pretty tight

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nier is very interestingly built from a game design perspective because you play route A and say to yourself why the gently caress to i have to go to place 1 and then to place 2 and the back to place 1 on this quest what the gently caress were they thinking this is a waste of time! and then you realize in later routes that the game needs you to hit a certain number of loading screens during each story beat for a cool reason and your time was only slightly as wasted as you thought it was and it makes you feel good inside

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Jose Oquendo posted:

It doesn't really matter. Bad poo poo can still happen with either carrier.

Yeah this is why I go with usps whenever possible.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like to buy things in physical locations and take them home with me.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Nail Rat posted:

I meant it's a great movie but also it's not a crime drama at all. Like I like Stranger Things (the first season okay!) but it was never sci fi. And ME couldn't be farther from The Expanse as sci fi. ME is a step or two from Star Wars.

I like the implication here, and am kinda tempted to let you keep working under that assumption, but the post previous was a joke about exactly which crime the drama is in Blazing Saddles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My PS5 was sold to me by a goon out of the back of a van.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

These are all garbage but I'm gonna claim em cause if they're gonna give me garbage they'll at least have to pay for it

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Handsome Wife posted:

I read a cached version (which I can no longer find) of that Fextralife Returnal review people were talking about earlier. It was not a particularly informative or well-written review.

For what it's worth I think "pricepoint" got a 9 because they said it's 50-70 hours and they felt like that was good value for the money.
All I know about Fextralife is that their Wiki pages are mostly unfinished boilerplate pages with most of the fields left unfilled or containing wrong information that only exist as an excuse to dominate the Google results for every item in every game and embed the Fextralife Twitch stream on every page to inflate their viewer numbers. I don't expect much hard-hitting games journalism or criticism from them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BGrifter posted:

FedEx might steal your PS5, but it still sounds better than dealing with an Xbox.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real hurthling! posted:

Nier is very interestingly built from a game design perspective because you play route A and say to yourself why the gently caress to i have to go to place 1 and then to place 2 and the back to place 1 on this quest what the gently caress were they thinking this is a waste of time! and then you realize in later routes that the game needs you to hit a certain number of loading screens during each story beat for a cool reason and your time was only slightly as wasted as you thought it was and it makes you feel good inside

I have been spending most of my time fishing and gardening....

It is joining Persona 5 Royal as a "daily driver" right now, I'm doing one day of Persona 5 Royal, I do one NieR sqrt(1.5) quest and check on my garden (I'm sure I will accelerate with sqrt(1.5) once things start picking up but it's a busy week)

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
honestly I feel bad for people who don’t get their ps5s but stealing from work rules and everyone should do it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't know if that story about a PS5 scalper posting their haul and someone using image data to locate and rob them was real but lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I was paid for the time I spent refreshing gamestop, does that count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

John Romero posted:

honestly I feel bad for people who don’t get their ps5s but stealing from work rules and everyone should do it

Don't poo poo where you eat but that goes both ways, haha.