Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

rules how everyones just pretending that the whole idea of the election being litigated was right wing crazy talk and the media hadnt been telling us for months that we wouldnt know the result until december

it's so loving cool that by sheer virtue of TRUMP facts become lies as the dems need them to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gulf War Syndrome except this time it's secret lasers.

Get the gently caress out of here with this bullshit.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao the gun that causes the flu is one of the dumber ideas the pentagon has poo poo out recently

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

working for the neoliberal state for decades is cause enough for severe brain damage

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

liberals in 2017: This election was hacked! Trump is an unamerican fraud for stealing the election.
liberals in 2021: saying that the election was "stolen" is treason. we have the best system in the world.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/20committee/status/1386764891244085262?s=20

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao incredible.

Corporate greed fueled by a desire to accumulate wealth no matter the consequences?

No, it's those perfidious Russians

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Schindler’s list remake looking more depressing somehow

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
This makes me real loving angry actually.

The opiate crises was/is a result of the executives at pharma companies and executives at drug distribution companies and the doctors running pill mills all deciding, independently, to profit off of the misery of addicts or people they facilitated becoming addicts. They were able to do this because of the capitalist healthcare system that is driven by profit and not healing.

It wasn't the loving Russians that made drug distributors turn a blind eye to a pain clinic off a mile off a major highway in rural Appalachia to fill a 100,000 oxycontin scripts for a town of 2000.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

This makes me real loving angry actually.

The opiate crises was/is a result of the executives at pharma companies and executives at drug distribution companies and the doctors running pill mills all deciding, independently, to profit off of the misery of addicts or people they facilitated becoming addicts. They were able to do this because of the capitalist healthcare system that is driven by profit and not healing.

It wasn't the loving Russians that made drug distributors turn a blind eye to a pain clinic off a mile off a major highway in rural Appalachia to fill a 100,000 oxycontin scripts for a town of 2000.

actually it was the McKinsey consulting group when hired to increase profits who initially posed this concept of purposefullly getting people addicted to specific drugs

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
broke: capitalism is a pyramid scheme

woke: capitalism is a KGB op

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Vomik posted:

actually it was the McKinsey consulting group when hired to increase profits who initially posed this concept of purposefullly getting people addicted to specific drugs

oh I don't doubt that McKinsey had something to do with it but they didn't force McKesson and CardinalHealth and Amerisource to not raise red flags when some doctors office in the middle of nowhere just happens to order a years worth of opiate scripts in 2 weeks. They didn't force that doctors office to have the throughput of a mcdonalds drive through you know what I mean

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

oh I don't doubt that McKinsey had something to do with it but they didn't force McKesson and CardinalHealth and Amerisource to not raise red flags when some doctors office in the middle of nowhere just happens to order a years worth of opiate scripts in 2 weeks. They didn't force that doctors office to have the throughput of a mcdonalds drive through you know what I mean

oh yeah its absolutely top-to-bottom corrupt, and completely destabilizing on par with like the introduction of crack. obviously no one knows all the details, but if i had to hazard a guess - mckinsey gets hired to "increase profitability" and they plan on just doing a standard "staff optimization" project (which are just layoffs, cost cutting, firings, the classics) but then someone notices their profit per pill on painkillers, a couple of people talk about ways to make the demand increase, yada yada yada now every doctor writes a prescription for 150 oxycodones when someone has a toothache... just to give them a taste

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i thought it was caused by the inscrutable chinese

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

i thought it was caused by the inscrutable chinese

it was caused by absolutely everything other than capitalism, which is a pure and innocent angel

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
this is from 2018 but lol

https://pitchfork.com/news/moby-says-cia-agents-asked-him-to-spread-the-word-about-trump-and-russia/

Last February, following the Presidential inauguration of Donald Trump, Moby posted on social media claiming to have insider information on connections between the Trump administration and Russia. The producer/DJ said that “after talking to friends in DC,” he had allegedly learned that the Fusion GPS dossier was “100% real” and that the Russian government was “blackmailing” the president. Now, in a new interview with WFPK in Louisville, Kentucky, Moby has doubled down on his claims (as CoS points out).

Talking with WFPK's Kyle Meredith, Moby cited “active and former CIA agents” who were “truly concerned” about Trump’s collusion with Russia. “They were like, ‘This is the Manchurian Candidate, like [Putin] has a Russian agent as the President of the United States,’” he said. “So they passed on some information to me and they said, like, ‘Look, you have more of a social media following than any of us do, can you please post some of these things just in a way that … sort of put it out there.’”

He added, “It’s really disturbing and it’s going to get quite a lot darker. Like the depths of the Trump family in business and their involvement with organized crime, sponsored terrorism, Russian oligarchs, it’s really dark. I guess we should all, like, fasten our seat belts and hold on.”

Emimem was right about Moby.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dr. Killjoy posted:

oh yeah as anyone in the Epstein or conspiracy threads can attest, the United States accusing any foreign power of having or deploying exotic technology is usually just them setting up a pretext to directly and openly put money into similar research - mind control, bio/chemical weapons, there was even rumors put out by military intelligence back in the 70s about existing Soviet direct energy weapon systems

the Navy's built working electrolasers, but they take an absolute monster of a power plant to use

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/OzKaterji/status/1381131324610740224?s=20

i think Oz is just wishing this to be true, but even that wishing fits into the thread

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

i think Oz is just wishing this to be true, but even that wishing fits into the thread

brown moses strikes again

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

the rare substack-to-paid position job; that sounds bappin

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

twoday
May 4, 2005

(Speaking to podcast host)

Me? Yeah, I was fired because I like to write articles that cover up war crimes. It’s what my hero, Bashar al-Assad, the Lion of Damascus, would want me to do.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MarshaBlackburn/status/1387581118933778434?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

There's an underlying lesson to be learned here: it used to be that the joke was "You know who else liked X? Hitler"

For Blackburn to then take the same structure, but to project it onto the Soviet Union, is evidence that the project to create the image of the USSR and Nazi Germany as equivalent genocidaires has been successful to at least some portion of Americans (and other peoples besides)

In other words:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

marsha blackburn tried to make desecrating the american flag a felony and once asked google if they fired a person who works for them because they said mean things about her on twitter lol

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Nazis exterminated like this, but Soviets exterminated like this (which is better), and Americans exterminated like this (but that's all in the past)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BEAM ATTACK STRIKES AT HEART OF NATIONS CAPITAL, NATION TREMBLES IN FEAR

quote:

At least two US government officials in the Washington, DC, area have experienced mysterious health incidents that are strikingly similar to the brain-damaging “health attacks” that plagued US diplomats in Cuba beginning in 2016.

Last November, a National Security Council official reported being sickened while near the Ellipse, the White House’s large, oval-shaped southern lawn, according to a report by CNN. In a separate 2019 incident, a White House staff member said she also experienced something akin to a health attack while walking her dog in Arlington, Virginia, a suburb of Washington, DC. The 2019 incident, which occurred just after Thanksgiving, was first reported by GQ last year. The magazine wrote at the time:

According to a government source familiar with the incident, the staffer passed a parked van. A man got out and walked past her. Her dog started seizing up. Then she felt it too: a high-pitched ringing in her ears, an intense headache, and a tingling on the side of her face.

The staffer also said she had experienced a similar incident just a few months earlier, in August of 2019, while she was traveling in London with then-National Security Adviser John Bolton. According to GQ, the staffer reported again feeling a tingling in the side of her head, which was facing the window of her hotel room, as well as intense pressure and ringing in her ears. All of those symptoms stopped when she left the room.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/04/mysterious-health-attack-like-those-seen-in-cuba-have-come-to-dc/

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

gov't official: *gets a migraine*
gov't official: russia did this

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
"something akin to a health attack"

what the gently caress does that even mean lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I mean if you're starting to get your face tingling and you hear a high pitched noise and then you get an intense headache go see a loving neurologist because that sounds like a brain tumor not Commie space laz0rs

twoday
May 4, 2005

it's like a health attack

but then different

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
real shame that whatever lawyer that ends up handling it would be a loving snake but it’d be cool if a couple hundred of the targeted harassment community up and up sue the government given that this bullshit might as well be seen as confirmation of the existence of electronic harassment technology

maybe the wisened femdom prince Dennis Kucinich could help, he introduced legislation banning psychotronic weapons and HAARP like 15 years back

twoday
May 4, 2005

Morgellons? More like Morgellonoff

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
once the cuban space lazer panic really gets going I'm going to sell power crystals that will counteract the effects of the headache beams. I've got a chemistry degree so I can use those credentials to market this bullshit and make some dough to waste on stupid music poo poo

I'm learnding!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I’ll sell bracelets to cops that will protect them from antifa thug bad vibes and also raise their testosterone levels

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

twoday posted:

(Speaking to podcast host)

Me? Yeah, I was fired because I like to write articles that cover up war crimes. It’s what my hero, Bashar al-Assad, the Lion of Damascus, would want me to do.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I’ll sell bracelets to cops that will protect them from antifa thug bad vibes and also raise their testosterone levels

we can do like cross promotions and poo poo

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1388289181382680578

for those who cant be bothered to click the link goes to some dude really mad that the sputnik five people are making the technically correct claim that the sputnik vaccine has a lower death rate than the american vaccines when this can be mostly explained by the american vaccines tending to be distributed to old people and this is the tweet that made him turbomad about the despicable ruskie smear campaign

https://twitter.com/sputnikvaccine/status/1387350387536060419?s=20

Some Guy TT has issued a correction as of 04:32 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

spacemang_spliff posted:

"something akin to a health attack"

what the gently caress does that even mean lmao

They're casting Drain Willpower at a very low power level.