Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It is really weird that the two never meet up when the game teases it a lot, they know each other by the point of Y1 so it's not like it would have been an issue. It's funny as a reversal of expectations but not sure that's worth it

I wish they had put the two characters in the same place by coincidence but have them not know it and players not be able to interact or do anything about it. Tojo clan meeting where Kiryu shows up and makes a dramatic point and exit, all while Majima's in the bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scythe
Jan 26, 2004
lol that would have been really good.

(and yeah I understood that Makoto was trying to place Majima in the epilogue, i just think the "someone doesn't recognize someone else that helped/harmed them significantly, how poignant" trope sucks, especially in a story that just did "ACTUALLY there was another man behind the man behind the curtain and this was all their plan from the beginning!!" like 4x in a row. lean into the cheese!)

Scythe fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 28, 2021

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

they should have either added something to kiwami 1 or had more interaction between them in 0, i'll agree to that. the transition is definitely jarring.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think that AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES Majima AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I think that AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES Majima AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES AERIS DIES

You motherfucking beautiful bastard.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
If your gamer meter wasn't at max while doing the sickest moves and heat actions as this played then you don't deserve the series imo

https://youtu.be/f_60AJiVEh4

E- don't click that if you haven't beat y0 yet. You want the first time experience

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 28, 2021

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

-

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

they should have either added something to kiwami 1 or had more interaction between them in 0, i'll agree to that. the transition is definitely jarring.

yeah it made me feel like I was missing something or playing in the wrong order or whatever... seems like a weird choice considering 0 is the prequel and they could've bridged the gap neatly if they wanted.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
i think my issue with the ending is that there was some really cheesy and unsatisfying parts that felt like a predictable tv crime drama instead of a crazy ridiculous one. the majima side of the ending was alright. but no kiryuu and majima fight.. also the final boss sucked rear end. also makoto getting with her doctor is creepy. whyd they do that lol. obviously shes not gonna end up with majima but her actual doctor? creepy..

i liked pretty much everything else tho. the stuff with oda/tachibana/makoto was great. nishiki stuff was great. majima storyline pwned. actual fights were great. sidequests were great even if i ended up helping an actual literal human trafficker keep his sex slave in one of them.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i did like the stretch of bosses at the end better in kiwami 1, i guess, but i think that's mostly the flashbacks kiryu gets mid-combat. by that point i'd fought the gas mask coliseum guy so many times that i was dodging into a tiger drop in my sleep.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i guy in a substory just said to me "I'm done with gambling and with mahjong" and the game didn't give me the opportunity press triangle to throw him out the window :confused:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

i guy in a substory just said to me "I'm done with gambling and with mahjong" and the game didn't give me the opportunity press triangle to throw him out the window :confused:

im furious

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/mysticartes/status/1387322794816405509?s=19

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's a shame those games are absolutely miserable in pretty much every other respect because they could be stupid fun without much effort

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

whoa

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Awesome interactions of game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*side story ending guitar*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

“Oh Akiyama…”

“… I… I love you ❤️“

“Thanks.”

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Finished Yakuza 4 and I have basically no idea what happened in this game. It was mostly good though

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Goongrats majima

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

do the stats in kiwami 2 just keep going as an exp. sink? i maxed them out and suddenly a whole new limit break popped in for every stat and the thing changed from 800/800 to 800/1200, lol. i guess it's a good idea given how little there was to do with exp at the end of kiwami 1, but i'm going to ignore them until i get all the other skills and stuff.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
they do max out eventually, I kind of wish they didn't because I have thousands of spare points now and the difficulty lvl 20 bouncer mission is kicking my rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i stopped doing the bouncer missions cause they like to spam those fat boys holding a weapon that just stand there and are immune to everything lol

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

extremebuff posted:

i stopped doing the bouncer missions cause they like to spam those fat boys holding a weapon that just stand there and are immune to everything lol

The fact that those are in almost all of the games is baffling to me. It's like they went '"Hell yeah, a big dude holding a sofa who just stands around and whacks you with said sofa if you get close, we got something going here, let's hardcode this into the Yakuza Series DNA and make sure everyone who suggests not having these will get fired."

But I don't think they were in 6. So maybe they did learn something eventually. Or maybe I'm forgetting they exist.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

The fact that those are in almost all of the games is baffling to me. It's like they went '"Hell yeah, a big dude holding a sofa who just stands around and whacks you with said sofa if you get close, we got something going here, let's hardcode this into the Yakuza Series DNA and make sure everyone who suggests not having these will get fired."

But I don't think they were in 6. So maybe they did learn something eventually. Or maybe I'm forgetting they exist.

They aren't in 6 and they aren't immovable or common in 5 iirc

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

havent recoded them for dragon engine yet a la whiskey spiels and pool

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yakuza 0 has the best bar experience ... It needs to come back

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

extremebuff posted:

I stopped doing bouncer missions when I read there were 26 of them and you do each of them 3 times.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
CEO of the Mikado Group
Dauragon C. Mikado

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

havent recoded them for dragon engine yet a la whiskey spiels and pool

isn't kiwami 2 dragon engine? i think like 90 percent of the fat sofa guys i've found are in k2.

Arrhythmia posted:

I stopped doing bouncer missions when I read there were 26 of them and you do each of them 3 times.

haha hoo boy i think i'm on... 4? :stare:

i haven't even found the coliseum or the construction stuff yet. i'm going to be playing this game on my deathbed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the baseball minigame in yak6 might be the best one ive played so far

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

looking through the completion menu and i also still don't know what a street boss is. i cleaned up in mahjong though. i think tomorrow i may do 5 more bouncer missions and the drat photo shoots and then advance the story.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

looking through the completion menu and i also still don't know what a street boss is. i cleaned up in mahjong though. i think tomorrow i may do 5 more bouncer missions and the drat photo shoots and then advance the story.

i think they just show up later in the story?

I was kinda disappointed in k2's streetbosses. the idea of a boss showing up every set of streetfights is cool but theyre all wimps and dont give you anything cool

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

CEO of the Mikado Group
Dauragon C. Mikado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

isn't kiwami 2 dragon engine? i think like 90 percent of the fat sofa guys i've found are in k2.

haha hoo boy i think i'm on... 4? :stare:

i haven't even found the coliseum or the construction stuff yet. i'm going to be playing this game on my deathbed.

The construction game isn't great but it's worth it for the theme song