Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

They might patch out the wavedash by launch...maybe. Kara pot buster might be here to stay though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

pog boyfriend posted:

its really fun so far, but the servers are unreliable and laggy so it hasnt been a great experience in the beta. hopefully the server issues get ironed out for release because the netcode is super strong and matches feel great to play, some of the tech coming out is a little weird like the hitbox wavedashing but its good to play even if i cant get to floor 10 because i am complete poo poo at this game

It feels really good. I haven't played much Guilty Gear but Giovanna seems like my kind of character for my 10 IQ rushdown gameplay.

Fightstick doesn't seem to work for it yet, but I'm sure that's a beta thing.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Glad they removed the complexity excpet oops we have stupid smash poo poo amd oh yeah 3s the notoriously beginner friendly game style kara throws

imagining some new first time fighting game player doing the tutorial, playing the single player to learn the characters, going online and running into a potemkin wavedashing into kara throw potbuster lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
with xrd i only ever really played ky cause the game was already complex enough and didnt have prior gg experience, strive seems like most of the others are a bit more approachable now

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Final launch roster character was announced. It's I-NO, which means the Gamespot leak was true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDyHOSZMHG0

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The game is fun and Zato=1's animations are godly. I never want to see this lobby again once the game is actually out

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

The game is fun and Zato=1's animations are godly. I never want to see this lobby again once the game is actually out

its so loving good that you can just take matches from training and not interact with that lobby at all

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the lobby is AIDS

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

the difference between the smooth rear end online and the buggy, laggy rear end lobby is so stark it's hard to believe

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Everyone’s animations are cool as hell, and that lobby has to go

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

the lobby is AIDS

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Having a lot of fun with this. Anti air options are really strange, hard to get used to 6p just getting blocked or for some characters feeling like it doesn't have enough range. The grabs feel nice though even though they are 1f instead of 0f startup, still pretty easy to snatch people up when they position wrong.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spiking posted:

Having a lot of fun with this. Anti air options are really strange, hard to get used to 6p just getting blocked or for some characters feeling like it doesn't have enough range. The grabs feel nice though even though they are 1f instead of 0f startup, still pretty easy to snatch people up when they position wrong.

dash up throw is stupid strong. especially for chars that can easily combo after, i been becoming a Leo God and throw leaving him in back turn stance is really sick, you can just do the 50/50 into another knockdown over and over again bc it's a beta and everyone playing is extremely bad at FGs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

as long as the player lobbies have instant rematch this game'll be really fun. the RC drift mechanic makes for some fun new combo options and the wall break reset is actually pretty cool since rounds are fairly quick and it's worth juicing every bit of damage and free meter you can get. I've been digging it although I could not play millia at all since I have too much +r and xrd muscle memory to overcome and not push her nonexistent Gatling routes

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the smell of the game

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

In Training posted:

as long as the player lobbies have instant rematch this game'll be really fun. the RC drift mechanic makes for some fun new combo options and the wall break reset is actually pretty cool since rounds are fairly quick and it's worth juicing every bit of damage and free meter you can get. I've been digging it although I could not play millia at all since I have too much +r and xrd muscle memory to overcome and not push her nonexistent Gatling routes

Millia does seem like she still has a lot of great mix-ups, I've fought some scary ones.
Have to say though they really have to do something about potemkin. I don't think he should have the legit aegis reflector that goes full screen, and it seems like it reversals better than it used to as well. It also seems very difficult for people to get a good punish on cheeky hamerfalls, have been able to close out a lot of matches with hamerfall hamerfall RC and other braindead combinations.

Leo and ramlethal seem super strong as well. Tried out faust and chipp and they both feel like they're missing something.. chipp is not as fast and losing the teleports feels really bad, not to mention the gatling changes being pretty bad for him.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Potemkin's punch buttons are insane disjointed super jabs that you can whiff cancel and some characters really struggle to deal with them. They're gonna have to tone him down a little I think.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

nago is fuckin bad rear end, imo

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
potemkin putting you directly in the toilet at will is the future that people deserve

and the lobby is the worst, ugliest thing i've seen in A While

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

the game itself looks amazing though

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

all in all i had a great time and never stopped trying to throw people with hs and getting counter hit into the shadow realm for it 10/10

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The game hasn't worked for me all day, sucks rear end

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

40 lbs to freedom posted:

all in all i had a great time and never stopped trying to throw people with hs and getting counter hit into the shadow realm for it 10/10

i never even got to floor 10 let alone celestial :negative:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got to floor 10 but on the middle east server where people ar enot very good

Also combo of middle east server + ggpo and this is the first time ever I could play a fighting game online and not be like this is pointless, getting it on day 1

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I used Potemkin to get there lol he's ridiculous. Pot buster just deletes people for getting close to you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

what i want to know is if potemkin's hurtbox just disappears like elpelts did with her close s in vanilla xrd

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

potemkins armour moves were ridiculous. i did the survey and said the lobby was Dog poo poo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i like to be potembkin in this game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

potemkins armour moves were ridiculous. i did the survey and said the lobby was Dog poo poo

theoretically you could interupt hammer fall with a jab cancelled into a super. you could also punish hammerfall on block by instant blocking which nettd you a sweet crouching jab punish. too unsafe tbh hopefully they make it +100 on block after they review the survey feedback

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Second open beta test announced, with some vague notes on changes to the battle system.

https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/news/obt2/

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

as a big fan of xrd the changes to air dashing and landing are a bummer but as a guy who wants to play nago and do nothing but sit there and gently caress up anyone jumping at me the changes sound great

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The changes are worded too vaguely to really have an idea of how the changes will work but I enjoyed the previous beta so I’m looking forward to it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its r worded alright

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its r worded alright

Dear god.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The only thing r-worded is the general discourse surrounding this game. I can't wait for a few months after release when everyone but the people who are going to stick with it stop caring.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kongming posted:

The only thing r-worded is the general discourse surrounding this game. I can't wait for a few months after release when everyone but the people who are going to stick with it stop caring.

theres a lot of people that have never touched the guilty gear series now pretending to be veterans these days

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Strive is going to kick rear end

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

guilty gear should play more like street fighter so i understand it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

guilty gear should play more like street fighter so i understand it

good news all the combos are 2-3 hits now and you fish for counters and there's throw whiff animations just like everyone's favorite sf game, that's right, number 5 now with rose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

good news all the combos are 2-3 hits now and you fish for counters and there's throw whiff animations just like everyone's favorite sf game, that's right, number 5 now with rose.

sick, i might pick this up, as long as they dont ruin it with patches