Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMkTEUO7w-o

Ski fast, take chances. That's what we always say. The GronkowSKI family hits the slopes with Pit Viper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

SeaborneClink posted:

West Coast Update

Fri: Trace
Sat: 2-4"
Sun: 4-8"
Mon: 1-3"
Tues: Trace

7-15" in late April?

Bachelor is in its spring death throes and I'm supposed to break out my powder skis again?

It happens. I've had great pow days in May, looks like I should plan on not feeling well on Monday.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

We are supposed to get probably over a foot Sunday through Sunday night, and so Monday looks like a powder day here. Unfortunately, I have _literally_ planned on not feeling well on Monday: I have an appointment to get my second pfizer shot at 10:10 AM on the other side of the Sierras :(

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Hmm, 25 inches forecast for lcc. Hot drat

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

highme posted:

It happens. I've had great pow days in May, looks like I should plan on not feeling well on Monday.

Yeah, but it normally only happens during good snow years, not historic droughts.

Though I gotta imagine it's gonna make for a few days of awesome spring skiing

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

That kemper stuff looks so sick. Is it actually old stock from before the 90s or something? It'd be cool just to have on display.

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001

Laserface posted:

That kemper stuff looks so sick. Is it actually old stock from before the 90s or something? It'd be cool just to have on display.

Captain! we have a direct hit on our target demographic!

These are new boards with retro graphics, and although I am not likely to buy any Kemper boards, I feel the same way.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Storm underproduced but still gave lcc about a foot. Crazy crowds today for a Tuesday and really wish the gad valley lifts were still running but can't complain!

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
I mean who knows, they’re probably produced by the same factory that makes three other brands’ boards so they might be alright.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
1 week left to buy an Ikon pass at the "discounted" price. :suicide:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

HookShot posted:

Urrggghhhhhhhhh I'm so jealous that I'm missing out on a second year in a row of spring skiing. It is literally my favourite season.

same

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Residency Evil posted:

1 week left to buy an Ikon pass at the "discounted" price. :suicide:

Epic is monitoring my posting:

quote:

Epic Pass prices are reduced 20%. So, what are you waiting for?​​

:ohdear:

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Reminder to self... buy a pass for next year.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Looking at the Ikon pass options, would I really miss out by saving $120 bucks and getting the "Ikon Base Plus" pass instead of the full Ikon pass? Looks like the full pass would get me no blackout dates along with unlimited access to Steamboat (versus 5 days) and 7 days at Aspen (instead of 5 days). First time living in Denver so I'm not sure how annoying it is going to places regularly.

PuErhTeabag
Sep 2, 2018
Any good pro deals for a PSIA Level 1 cert?

I'm probably going to try for one next season to further improve my teaching, which I do once a week for the fun of it. (The free pass helps too.)

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Residency Evil posted:

Looking at the Ikon pass options, would I really miss out by saving $120 bucks and getting the "Ikon Base Plus" pass instead of the full Ikon pass? Looks like the full pass would get me no blackout dates along with unlimited access to Steamboat (versus 5 days) and 7 days at Aspen (instead of 5 days). First time living in Denver so I'm not sure how annoying it is going to places regularly.

If you are day tripping you will only be skiing copper or winter park. all the rest of the ikon is overnight. So how much you want to travel is the question?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

spwrozek posted:

If you are day tripping you will only be skiing copper or winter park. all the rest of the ikon is overnight. So how much you want to travel is the question?

*Or Eldora and five days at A-Basin.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

waffle enthusiast posted:

*Or Eldora and five days at A-Basin.

I intentionally left off Eldora because.... well yeah.

I am interested to see what A-basin will allow, can you just show up with a Ikon?, since they are limiting ticket sales. I haven't looked because I doubt I will ever switch to Ikon.

asur
Dec 28, 2012

spwrozek posted:

Blackouts are a big deal if you get the holidays off and want to go those weekends.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

spwrozek posted:

Yeah this was my wife’s point too. Doing a weekend or two at steamboat and a weekend or two in aspen, on top of winter park/copper seems pretty good, but maybe we’re going to want to do way more?

asur posted:

Blackouts are a big deal if you get the holidays off and want to go those weekends.

This too. Not sure how many locals try to specifically avoid those weekends if it gets packed.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I believe Ikon holders will still need a reservation at A basin, though I could be mistaken.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Residency Evil posted:

This too. Not sure how many locals try to specifically avoid those weekends if it gets packed.

I know me and most of my friends up in Breck have been avoiding holiday weekends for like 5 years now. Town and the mountain gets so crowded, it's just not worth it.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Residency Evil posted:

Yeah this was my wife’s point too. Doing a weekend or two at steamboat and a weekend or two in aspen, on top of winter park/copper seems pretty good, but maybe we’re going to want to do way more?

I mostly ride in the back country so hard for me to say.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Zero days this season. Hopefully things are safer next season, maybe I'll even remember how to ski. :(

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

lol these people bought this house in the 90s for a very small fraction of that price

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

I have a real hard time believing that the house in that photo is 7 beds and 8 baths.

E: pics and price don't line up on zillow. Granted the place that is at that address was still $3M in 2016....

E2: You should buy this lot...it is a steal: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/E-Gregory-Ave-Telluride-CO-81435/250129710_zpid/

spwrozek fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 30, 2021

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

spwrozek posted:

I have a real hard time believing that the house in that photo is 7 beds and 8 baths.

E: pics and price don't line up on zillow. Granted the place that is at that address was still $3M in 2016....

E2: You should buy this lot...it is a steal: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/E-Gregory-Ave-Telluride-CO-81435/250129710_zpid/

They’re counting the guest house

https://www.exceptionalstays.com/vacation-rentals/united-states/cloud-nine

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

lol....sigh

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
If 30 of us hop in on a mortgage together.....

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If you're paying sixteen-fuckin-million-dollars for a house and you can still see your neighbors house you are buying the wrong loving house.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
You could no poo poo buy one of the nearby RANCHES for that much and have your OWN loving CANYON and still be able to easily ski silverton and telluride.

Like seriously, I camped out there near the matterhorn peak (hiked to it, man thats high elevation) last summer and there were seriously ranches for sale in the area at the same or lesser price.

Of course the whole point is that someone with gently caress you money wants to live in the town of telluride, because of course they already have a few ranches.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

What's the rental price for a place like that? Does that explain the ridiculous price? You'd struggle to spend that much here even in Zermatt or St Moritz and it for sure wouldn't look like an identikit suburban house.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

That's not an identikit suburban house, that's an identikit early 1900s mine house with updates.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

No, the rentals would not help pay that mortgage in any significant way. It’s in the residential zone so it’s limited to four short term rentals per year.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Moot .1415926535 posted:

No, the rentals would not help pay that mortgage in any significant way. It’s in the residential zone so it’s limited to four short term rentals per year.

Deal lord, that is awesome. Breckenridge needs to do something like that.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Doesn’t really help. Either the house just sits empty 80% of the year or 30+ night stays for lots of money. But the neighborhoods are quieter and it’s on the sunny side of the canyon so it makes the real estate more expensive.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Moey posted:

Deal lord, that is awesome. Breckenridge needs to do something like that.

Everywhere needs to do something like that.

And by something I mean abolish Airbnb

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Yeah I mean Airbnb or no, mountain towns are still going to have an affordable housing problem. Even towns 30-40 miles from Aspen (Carbondale, Glenwood Springs) have very few options.

My partner and I rent a 2BR for $2000/mo and consider ourselves lucky. And that's in affordable housing for which we had to qualify. It's loving bizzaro land when it would be cheaper to be paying a mortgage on a $500K 2BR condo literally 30 miles from Aspen.

Boils down to rich people having so much money that they absolutely do not care if their properties are occupied. If you want to fix housing, maybe make it so that properties have to have residents 75% of the year or whatever. That would at least take some pressure off inventory.

E It just sucks that housing and real estate, basic human needs and rights, are lucrative investment opportunities as well.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

From an outsider perspective, a lot of times I would not be able to afford trips to the resorts I like to go to if it were not for AirBnB or similar sites. I of course feel bad for the people who live in the communities that are experiencing high costs of living and wish there was some middle ground solution that would work out better. My company might be opening a SLC location and I was looking into living in Park City and that is just not an achievable goal. From my research though, that area in particular didn't really take off until the 80s or so it seems, so it is likely that many of the residents there have their homes through family connections, as it seems like the prices would preclude many people who participate in the local economy from being able to own there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Miners homes in pc have been over a million since at least 2010. And we are talking about actual no poo poo ancient miners cabins. Tiny as gently caress.