Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
just remembered haze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No. Topic Locked.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
gaming for me is a religion, and haze is the poo poo.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
gays.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Remember deez?.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
haze was free radical trying to make a game that they thought publishers wanted to fund instead of the more whimsical timesplitters-y games they were known for because they had pissed off all the publishers they had worked with before

then they took ages adapting to the ps3 hardware and pissed away all their time extensions doing everything but the stuff they wanted the extra time for, until ubisoft got fed up and elbowed their way into creative control, with the expected results

https://twitter.com/kinsie/status/1300053133511458816

a sad, messy, semi-competent end to a good developer

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
how could I forget?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm going to blow your head off op

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Kins posted:

haze was free radical trying to make a game that they thought publishers wanted to fund instead of the more whimsical timesplitters-y games they were known for because they had pissed off all the publishers they had worked with before

then they took ages adapting to the ps3 hardware and pissed away all their time extensions doing everything but the stuff they wanted the extra time for, until ubisoft got fed up and elbowed their way into creative control, with the expected results

https://twitter.com/kinsie/status/1300053133511458816

a sad, messy, semi-competent end to a good developer

this game was promising to be halo's counterpart on PS3 lol. instead it was brown regenerating health shooter #300 of that gen

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That Little Demon posted:

how could I forget?

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

extremebuff posted:

this game was promising to be halo's counterpart on PS3 lol. instead it was brown regenerating health shooter #300 of that gen
"game x-killer" was always an alarm bell that a game was not, in fact, a game x-killer. i haven't heard it being used in a while so i guess marketing wised up

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Christopher Clark (creator of Star Trek: The Next Generation: Klingon Honor Guard) is about to make you his bitch

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Lol I saw that earlier

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Christopher Clark (creator of Star Trek: The Next Generation: Klingon Honor Guard) is about to make you his p'takh

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The Kins posted:

"game x-killer" was always an alarm bell that a game was not, in fact, a game x-killer. i haven't heard it being used in a while so i guess marketing wised up

lmfao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
if you're curious:

the REAL QUAKE 2 KILLERS:
prey (never released)
half-life (broken clocks...)
sin (released but buggy, stomped by half-life)
daikatana (which they announce a sequel to?)
dnf (lol)

the REST OF THE PACK:
max payne (very concerned about a multiplayer mode it doesn't have. also: not an fps)
wheel of time (eh, s'ok)
tresspasser ("there isn't going to be a multiplayer version. nuff said!")
amen: the awakening (never released)
prax war (never released, death resulted in creation of gearbox software)
shogo: mobile armor division ("anime is just plain weird")
heretic 2 (cool but not an fps)
x-com alliance (never released)
requiem: avenging angel (came out, isn't bad, didn't really make an impact)
star trek: klingon honor guard (i haven't played this, but i guess it's okay?)
alien vs. predator ("we've already seen this game on the jaguar")

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

half life definitely wasnt even a quake killer, counter strike was

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

read this or die!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
ultimately, it's the involvement of KoЯn that makes Free Radical/Haze's demise more hilarious than Factor 5/Lair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IssLAON48s

Factor 5 must have been too cheap to pay for any of the Family Values tour acts

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

That Little Demon posted:

how could I forget?

me thinking heh I'm gonna flip this image for a few bucks, commercially, and then losing my poo poo as i scroll down

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

half life definitely wasnt even a quake killer, counter strike was

i probably played the q3 mp beta more than the full game because i started playing cs

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

taking a look at the Haze TVtropes entry to get some more lore on this bad boy.

quote:

One of the most bizarre (and very rarely heard) Promised Hand insults is, "I'm glad to see you dead, shitclown."

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

quote:

Mantel Black Ops, professional soldiers covertly used by Mantel to cover up their dirty deeds by eliminating any standard Red Shirt stormtroopers who get out of line (such as yourself). They're introduced by having a group fastrope down onto a cablecar you're riding, followed by, in all likelihood, at least half of them walking off the sides and falling to their deaths. Boosh?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Da boom na da mmmm haze is epic

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
All Day I Dream About Sony (PlayStation 3 Exclusives)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://youtu.be/SHjvUjlF1kE

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

half life had some of the greatest mods of all time, largely due to the fact that it was built on top of quake 2 and released with developer tools that allowed the q2 modding community to move all their stuff over and continue working without having to learn a bunch of new poo poo.

I just played through the RTX version of quake 2 and that game is still fun. I wish we could get another good arena shooter. No I havent played the new doom games. benny out

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

quake 2 sucks poo poo and every game built on its engine is wobbly bullshit that sucks loving rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Half-Life is actually based on the Quake 1 engine