Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.random
May 7, 2007

So I did my reread. I think your vote on OA wasn't especially compelling, Somber, but it felt like an okay D1 vote to me - I look for the same kind of stuff (to great effect and not at all looking scummy apparently, see also: my vote on Toalpaz).

The biggest thing that stood out on reread is how dramatically different your posts are today vs. D1.

I tend to be a bit of an emotional voter so there's a non-zero chance I am being somewhat emotionally manipulated here, but I agree with the prevailing thread sentiment that my feelings have cooled over today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.random
May 7, 2007

GenericGirlName posted:

I'm definitively calling Somber's claim more townie

Ok, can you please explain why? This is reeeeeeeeeeally confusing to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

Hmmmmmm well, I'm not totally convinced of merk's towniness. But I'm still leaning more for people who are lurking harder.

With things going so slow today, I just got a vibe like scums are gonna be extra cautious about sticking their nose out and tipping the balance the wrong way.

i'm just not confident that we're going to solve this game by flipping lurkers. like i get your ggn case and it's a decent argument, but i would be surprised if ggn flipped scum. it feels like we're flowing along the path of least resistance with lurker votes and i don't like that.

i could just be paranoid.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm paranoid that GGN wasn't getting hardly any attention despite all her lurking, while Mags/Mr F was easy enough to get those votes piled on. Plus all the points I made recently. If she flipped scum I would sure not be surprised!

.random
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

She can lurk a lot when she's scum, and the times she's showed up feel like she's not actually contributing, just showing up to be seen to be doing something.

That reply to you that I've been prodding her about is a great example. It doesn't seem to make any sense as a townie thought process actually trying to figure the game out. I suspect she didn't actually think you making some super vague claim of having a power at all before you explained your role later, which ended up just being some voting thing, could be more townie than me and binus claiming our masonry to try and better prove our alignments to people.

I suspect she only said something like that to suck because she already knows you're town after all. Cause she's scum.

This meta info is really interesting and currently the only logical reason I can see for the way this came out. This is actually very similar to the reason I got so bent out of shape RE: Somber's soft claim... it's a low-content feeling comment that has a sheen of townieness but doesn't really contribute much at all

e: ninja'd "soft claim"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

.random posted:

This meta info is really interesting and currently the only logical reason I can see for the way this came out. This is actually very similar to the reason I got so bent out of shape RE: Somber's soft claim... it's a low-content feeling comment that has a sheen of townieness but doesn't really contribute much at all

e: ninja'd "soft claim"

Eh? The only "meta info" I got to contribute on GGN is "she can lurk a lot as scum", seems pretty cut and dry and not all that much of a really interesting insight :v:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Eh I was sure somber was probably scum yesterday but I agree with bif that GGN is posting like she wants to defend someone she knows is town for townie points

##vote GGN

I’ll have to have a reread of Merk as I don’t really have an opinion on him right now.

Again random is also posting really weird still and his interactions with somber make me feel even less certain now that somber could be scum

.random
May 7, 2007

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Eh I was sure somber was probably scum yesterday but I agree with bif that GGN is posting like she wants to defend someone she knows is town for townie points

##vote GGN

I’ll have to have a reread of Merk as I don’t really have an opinion on him right now.

Again random is also posting really weird still and his interactions with somber make me feel even less certain now that somber could be scum

Omg, are you just literally following me around when I post suspicions on people and then voting them and adding "and random is scummy" to the end of whatever you post? This is getting ridiculous

.random
May 7, 2007

.random posted:

Omg, are you just literally following me around when I post suspicions on people and then voting them and adding "and random is scummy" to the end of whatever you post? This is getting ridiculous

Fine. In fairness other people were posting suspicions on GGN first. I apologize for the outburst.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

.random posted:

I didn’t even notice you’d posted anything about GGN? If you’re suspicious put a vote down instead of this weak poo poo.

.random
May 7, 2007

I am trying to wait for some further comment from the lurker. We're nowhere near deadline. But fine, I will lodge my suspicions as a formal vote ???

##vote: GGN

(Does the day end when 7 votes is reached? Or will it only end at deadline?)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

.random posted:

I am trying to wait for some further comment from the lurker. We're nowhere near deadline. But fine, I will lodge my suspicions as a formal vote ???

##vote: GGN

(Does the day end when 7 votes is reached? Or will it only end at deadline?)

Either or

.random
May 7, 2007

You know what, screw it, looking through your post history is like nothing but posts on how scummy I am, without voting me.

I’m not in a rush to end the day, so here, have your OMGUS:

##vote: OA

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

.random posted:

You know what, screw it, looking through your post history is like nothing but posts on how scummy I am, without voting me.

I’m not in a rush to end the day, so here, have your OMGUS:

##vote: OA

Lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote OA

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

I think Somber and GGN look worst on the lunch yesterday. Both put down strong “here’s a vote on who looks to be vote leader, I’m done engaging, deuces.” Which now that MRF flipped town looks scummy as hell

Sandwolf posted:

don't disagree but feel a little weird about the GGN lunch too idk

What's happened between these two posts?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I dunno I'm prodding around, GGN does feel a little bit like a path of least resistance, and while I note the discrepancy between the ease of MRF votes and the hesitancy to GGN votes, I'd say it's because we did MRF and it didn't go well, so now I feel like maybe we need to look a little harder

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Weird! You and Somber say stuff like "path of least resistance" or "we need to look harder" but all I'm hearing is, "our first attempt at a lurker lunch didn't get the right one on the first try so let's give up before we hit lurking scum", how's it doing that

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

How’re you so sure there’s lurking scum?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

It is a high statistical probability in Mafia in general.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Man the more I think about it though, this does not sound like a townie-minded question.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Sandwolf posted:

I dunno I'm prodding around, GGN does feel a little bit like a path of least resistance, and while I note the discrepancy between the ease of MRF votes and the hesitancy to GGN votes, I'd say it's because we did MRF and it didn't go well, so now I feel like maybe we need to look a little harder

I agree with this. I’m pretty sure I was the first person to vote mr f. And that was based off one post he had made. When he returned to the game, i didn’t think he was flailing scum and some of the votes for him were incredibly lazy.

Anyway, I think I want to vote voodoo today. A handful of people thought he was scummy yesterday but only me and bif actually voted him. Maybe one other person. Why was it so difficult to get people to vote him? Hmmm I wonder. ##vote voodoo

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Voodoos gut vote on me doesn’t seem like a great strategy for scum. I was on board until that vote.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
That is true. It’s a little early for a flailing scum vote.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lol I agree with that too

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

a little weird OA didn’t respond to any votes on him or anything, actually, really at all

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote I'm working on some paranoid conspiracy theories need to let them settle

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all- oh it's only 2 am I'm goin back to sleep wake me up if GGN posts anything

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Seems we’ve dried up a bit on posting today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Seems we’ve dried up a bit on posting today.

Yeah, did I forget how timezones work, is it still the weekend for you guys or something

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nah it’s Thursday afternoon lol

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

b-minus1 posted:

I agree with this. I’m pretty sure I was the first person to vote mr f. And that was based off one post he had made. When he returned to the game, i didn’t think he was flailing scum and some of the votes for him were incredibly lazy.

Anyway, I think I want to vote voodoo today. A handful of people thought he was scummy yesterday but only me and bif actually voted him. Maybe one other person. Why was it so difficult to get people to vote him? Hmmm I wonder. ##vote voodoo

I mean this is the exact same logic you all used with DGK yesterday, that someone stalling on a couple votes means they are scum, right?

.random
May 7, 2007

This very engaged response is somehow exactly what I was expecting

Paging GGN to thread :lurkmore: (I swear there was a :justlurk: or something but I am not going to try to find it using the app which doesn’t have search functionality)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

a little weird OA didn’t respond to any votes on him or anything, actually, really at all

OA and GGN are both pretty inactive. I’d vote either of them.

I still think merks play D1 was scummy. Hard push on dgk to drop it from out of nowhere, sitting on IA for a minute and then a weak vote

The only real backing he gives to the Mr F vote is that he can’t comprehend that we were talking in mason chat and merk thinks only scum would rely on that (he can’t comprehend why Mag would think I’m town without any sort of “what did he say in mason chat that makes you feel that way”).

Honestly if merk had just said “mag hasn’t said poo poo” and left it at that I’d probably look at his mag vote different. I don’t think merk was trying to convince people to vote, he said himself he wasn’t in a persuasive mood, so that extra defence about talking with me just feels like ad hoc justification for a scum vote.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

F is actually a good vote and more than a lurker elimination. His reads are 'yup' and 'nope' which I've addressed, and then there's this post:

This makes it seem like he has a huge town read on voodoofly for reasons I can't comprehend. There doesn't seem to be any concern that one or more of his masons might be scum?

This being the post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If the GGN vote "mysteriously" falls apart, I would totally vote merk just out of pure curiosity for whether I was right the first time

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Turns out all I needed to get the oa vote going was to drop it.

This feels no different from how he was posting earlier so I don't get why the mood has shifted so much.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
GGN's increasingly noticable absence does feel telling.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Sorry, not much in this post. Still catching up on p 19, and about to go back to work, but I'd vote ggn and still feel kind of wary about voodoo.

Will put more down about this later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

OA and GGN are both pretty inactive. I’d vote either of them.

I still think merks play D1 was scummy. Hard push on dgk to drop it from out of nowhere, sitting on IA for a minute and then a weak vote

The only real backing he gives to the Mr F vote is that he can’t comprehend that we were talking in mason chat and merk thinks only scum would rely on that (he can’t comprehend why Mag would think I’m town without any sort of “what did he say in mason chat that makes you feel that way”).

Honestly if merk had just said “mag hasn’t said poo poo” and left it at that I’d probably look at his mag vote different. I don’t think merk was trying to convince people to vote, he said himself he wasn’t in a persuasive mood, so that extra defence about talking with me just feels like ad hoc justification for a scum vote.

You’re voting me because I’m not playing like usual. Your error is that I’m best “playing like usual” when I’m scum. Here, I’m trying a thing.