Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I enjoyed toni throwing the occasional barb at gregg on the new one. Honestly I think she was the mvp of the special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Gregg is a sweet angel who deserves nothing but praise, bless him and his dedication to runtime

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I like that Gregg is so petty that he didn't give Axiom a watch and also pays to create segments undermining him. Helps to remind you (along with Mark) that Gregg can be equally bad to people. Axiom is actually a totally nice person and hasn't done anything bad to Gregg besides have Tim anoint him "Mister Movies"

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Axiom literally saved greggs life

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

ax is a hero

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Neurolimal posted:

Gregg is a sweet angel who deserves nothing but praise, bless him and his dedication to runtime

Also his dedication to actor deaths.

So many actor deaths.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

gregg plays a tremendous joker

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i wonder if we'll ever get to meet Mark's brothers, and i wonder if Mark does any impressions of them

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Don't have a non-reddit link. Here's the scene of Gregg running over LaRue from both POVs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnCinemaAtTheCinema/comments/n0m9kz/the_gregg_and_larue_scene_as_intended_for_us_to/

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

Pigbuster posted:

Any time the show forces you to empathize with Tim is when the show really shines imo - another major instance of that is the DNA test proving it's the "real" James Dean, since you share the same frustration with the lack of closure.

Dr San’s calculations were accurate and the DNA was a match. However, Gregg provided the DNA samples for the test, both of which belonged to the fraudulent “James Dean”. Dr. San’s only mistake was trusting Gregg.

Many are saying that Gregg also tainted Dr San’s acupuncture needles and had access to the vape liquid used at the Electric Sun Desert Music Festival.

It is likely that Gregg is responsible for every death on the show. He is a master of poison, not codes.

RIP Larue - he cracked the case, but didn’t expect that Gregg would immediately escalate from slow poison to brutal violence after being exposed.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

u_s_eh posted:

RIP Larue - he cracked the case, but didn’t expect that Gregg would immediately escalate from slow poison to brutal violence after being Xposed With Michael Matthews

Fixed

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Tim was willing to forgive and make a deal. Was probably gonna give Gregg a popcorn classics show on HEI. Instead of apologizing, Gregg murdered another man.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Larue is fine. If anything he threw his body into the front of the mobile VFA.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

When you think about how it's a cross-platform livestream where one platform is on a site they had to invent, another jumps from pre-tape to live, and the third is a bodycam feed they have to react to, it's amazing it worked as well as it did live

Seal Tim Six

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

VHS museum car responsible for 2-3 deaths in separate incidents is a pretty funny gag.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/wonderful-on-cinema-oscar-special-marks-historic-debut-for-hei-network-tv-station/

An update: Larue lives!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

ice cold haha

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Tim Heidecker, President of News

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I have not had the time to visit him but I am told by Manual that he is in good spirits and understands he made many tactical errors in his attempted apprehension.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

thank god la rue is alive and well, unlike a certain film buff's career

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

robot roll call posted:

thank god la rue is alive and well, unlike a certain film buff's career

Listen, it's not Axiom's fault he looked up the wrong year for Oscer. He'll do better next year.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I hope the next season revolves around Tim owning everything Gregg has and keeping Gregg around to gloat over his victory. Then Tim will get some bizarre medical problem and things will find a way of evening out.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hadnt seen this one before, for the neil hamburger fans in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGgmCsb5TXw

Scones are Good
Mar 29, 2010
The Neil Hamburger album where he's opening for Tenacious D and the audience spends the entire time yelling abuse at him as he does his set is one of the funniest things I've ever heard

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

here's a funny clip of gregg ragging on alice cooper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrEMi__HEr0 almost as harsh on him as his character is on ax. greggs a cool guy, he used to run an underground punk rock label in the 80s.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

here's a funny clip of gregg ragging on alice cooper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrEMi__HEr0 almost as harsh on him as his character is on ax. greggs a cool guy, he used to run an underground punk rock label in the 80s.

Lol awesome that led me to discover he was the singer for a punk band called Zip Code Rapists

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I wish Gregg had made at least twice the number of Poolside Chats episodes as he did, and that they were all available on physical media.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Chairman Capone posted:

I see it more as Tim being the typical far-right/conspiracy chud, while Gregg is the kind of gatekeeper super-fanboy geek. Though I think it took longer for (real) Gregg to develop that character persona than it did for (real) Tim, who already had it nailed down by the end of the podcast run.

Ultimately, two types of Very Online Person.

No, the reason hey are compelling characters is that these overt layers are a natural product of their deeper personalities. Tim isn't just a flat caricature of a hosed up nutjob, he's a hosed up nutjob because of his wildly flailing efforts to stop being a failure combined with his pre-established predilections and personal delusions. And Gregg definitely isn't just a "nerd gatekeeper", no, that's an almost incidental aspect of his basically sociopathic personality, he's a little rat who sees everything in strictly transactional terms and quietly rejoices in the failures of those who "stand in his way" by not sharing his interests, he's just too much of a coward to take any action of his own on his dark impulses , so he's ultimately merely passive-aggressive most of the time.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I wasn't able to watch the Oscar Special live (gently caress time zones), is there a way to watch it on tape with both the Gregg's stream and the studio and whatever else there was simultaneously? Is it all on HEI?

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

steinrokkan posted:

I wasn't able to watch the Oscar Special live (gently caress time zones), is there a way to watch it on tape with both the Gregg's stream and the studio and whatever else there was simultaneously? Is it all on HEI?

I agree that Tim is not a caricature. Neither of them are.

HEI has the option to watch both simultaneously in the same player, or in separate players. Both options are synced.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

I wish Gregg had made at least twice the number of Poolside Chats episodes as he did, and that they were all available on physical media.

Sure, but the first poolside chat where the stream got shut off and he just breaks character was the best one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

steinrokkan posted:

I don't know if you've heard but they're a new universal time zone a lot of pilots and surgeons are switching to

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Gregg hating on Al Pacino for “turning down” films he should have known were great is another fun example of his bizarre mindset

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And having to hedge back and forth about how i.e. Star Wars was great, but it could have been even greater, except that it was great as is, but

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i cant believe tim almost killed another person thank god laroux is ok

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

Sure, but the first poolside chat where the stream got shut off and he just breaks character was the best one

I liked the one where he interviewed Jack Grisham because he appeared super nervous and like he maybe accidentally drank too much as a result, which I thought was endearing.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

This has made me realize that the bit where OC Gregg rags on Tim when it looks like he's gonna be in jail for a while is the closest he's gotten on the show to actual Gregg

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Something I think about a lot is even Tim's non-OCatC roles are usually assholes. The Tim that appears on Awesome Show is usually in a fight with Eric for whatever reason, Jan Skylar absolutely hates her husband and Mr. Henderson is a monster, especially at first.

If I could bring one Awesome Show/Check it Out actor over to On Cinema, I would choose Carol Kraft, I love her so much.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Something I think about a lot is even Tim's non-OCatC roles are usually assholes. The Tim that appears on Awesome Show is usually in a fight with Eric for whatever reason, Jan Skylar absolutely hates her husband and Mr. Henderson is a monster, especially at first.

If I could bring one Awesome Show/Check it Out actor over to On Cinema, I would choose Carol Kraft, I love her so much.

If you watch Office Hours you will see this a lot. Basically he just starts yelling at everyone as a gag but like a little bit he's serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
sometimes i wonder if for real Tim has anger issues and realizes this about himself and just leans into it in order to laugh at himself about it, because his sudden anger bursts in all his various forms always feel so real. alternatively he's just a real good actor