Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Vargatron posted:

Yeah uh... I figured this went without saying.

lol i think you'll be fine man. be cool and turn up.

man one of my fondest memories is going to see jrock / kendrick / q / snoop / most of nwa at the staples. my fondest memory though is seeing freddie gibbs in a tiny venue with like 300 people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Vargatron posted:

I think I would lose my poo poo if I heard TTG live.

Yeah uh... I figured this went without saying.

It should but I’ve seen enough viral videos to know that some folks need to be reminded lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
dope poo poo from the goat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRICHbpHJnE

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The last show I went to before covid pandemic hit was Roddy Ricch. Such a good performer, even played the piano for a few songs

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I went to a Black Star show that I walked out of, might've been my last hip-hop show before rona

2 hours of poo poo DJs before Mos and Kweli came out, almost 3.5 hours after doors, and the mixing was so horrible you could barely hear their lyrics

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
man i'm so stoked drakeo is free after the years of torture him and his boys got from that bullshit case.

anyway, here he is with kenny beats and allblack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy_bqh-Vupo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The last show I went to before covid pandemic hit was Roddy Ricch. Such a good performer, even played the piano for a few songs

Mine was Danny Brown, he was loving excellent live

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
ive only been to a yung lean/bladee and black kray/goth money concert

both were crazy af tho

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
RTJ is the only rap show I’ve been to I think. It was fuckin awesome

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

saw danny twice. crazy both times. one of the occasions he was followed by rtj but i don't remember a loving thing about rtj because i was so hosed up and dehydrated from the danny mosh pit. my clothes were so wet it was like i'd been shoved in a pool. weed and cigarettes completely unsmokable. fingers pruned like i'd been sat in a bath for several hours.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

I was supposed to see Danny live at Flow Festival a few years ago, but the weather turned so poo poo that he got on stage, performed about half of Die Like a Rockstar and was forced off due to security concerns.
At least all the other rap shows I caught at that festival were dope - Young Thug, Vince Staples, Frank Ocean and Death Grips.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

+1

I saw him in 2014 when Old came out. Every song resulted in a mosh pit.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i'm so salty that i never saw DOOM. went to the first Rock The Bells in Chicago in like.. 05? 06? purely because of him, but it was when he was just bailing on shows.

still was fuckin awesome, saw Kweli, Wu-Tang, JMT... gently caress i'm starting to forget who all i saw there. Pharoah Monche i think?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I saw Billy Woods about two weeks before COVID. Good stuff, pretty intense performer.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

man i cannot wait for concerts again.

cold plugged in here, e1 is probably one of the rudest drillers out there and predictably goes hard. never heard of his man drilla though but he also gets it done on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh7HCfo4jCo

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
My first rap concert was lil jon.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

temple posted:

My first rap concert was lil jon.

how was it?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Look at all you kids. My first rap show was Dream Warriors or Disposable Heroes of Hiphopracy. Can't remember which came first. Then Public Enemy, I think.
:corsair:

Edit: poo poo, first rap performance I ever saw was Tone Loc. Opening for Mili Vanili.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

This was before his fame and it was 100% wild af

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

temple posted:

This was before his fame and it was 100% wild af

That's Put Yo Hood Up era? gently caress, I can only imagine getting crunk in some smaller club like that.

My Waka show was Triple F Life era, so there was no hype or promotion. First Avenue mainroom, only like 30-40 of us, but Waka loving gave it his all. Seriously so tight.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Boywhiz88 posted:

That's Put Yo Hood Up era? gently caress, I can only imagine getting crunk in some smaller club like that.

My Waka show was Triple F Life era, so there was no hype or promotion. First Avenue mainroom, only like 30-40 of us, but Waka loving gave it his all. Seriously so tight.
Yeah, right around BIA BIA. This is post "tear the club up". To be in the south and listening to crunk was dangerous.

propyleneglycol
Jan 11, 2019
My first rap concert was Kanye with Kendrick as the opener. I will never forgive myself for not knowing much about Kendrick at the time and not appreciating that performance

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I've seen Snoop at a few festivals, Wu-Tang, Bones, GKMC era Kendrick (at a folk festival of all places), Schoolboy Q, Future, and Freddie Gibbs twice. All dope shows but the Gibbs and Bones ones were probably my favs. Gibbs is just a fantastic performer but Bones pleasantly surprised me bc I'm not super into his stuff but he lit up the small venue he played. Gibbs played two clubs here and killed it each time. Schoolboy Q was probably the one I enjoyed least but most of it had to do with bad sound

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I've had tickets to Young Thug shows *twice* but never gone (they were always a plane ride away) so stupid.

I think my first rap show was JMT and man was it terrible, and I was real into JMT at the time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pretty sure my first rap show not at a festival or college campus was Wu-Tang Clan phoning it in with no Ghostface.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

I've had tickets to Young Thug shows *twice* but never gone (they were always a plane ride away) so stupid.

I think my first rap show was JMT and man was it terrible, and I was real into JMT at the time.

Both times I’ve seen young thug he was super late and then miraculously appeared right before they were gonna cut him off.

2014 and 2016 lmao. That 2016 show was so loving awesome, right around slime season 3 days

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Saw titty boy right when Boats came out, was one of only three white people there and it was a great show. He had a blunt the length of a ruler.

Saw OutKast on their reunion tour in st Louis, they were incredible. Was very worried it would be phoned in and they vastly exceeded my expectations.

Then saw Ludacris at the same fest one year later and he was loving terrible, his hypeman was better than he was. Left early to go watch something on one of the other stages. Up yours luda

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ghostface was the worst rap show I ever saw

Banking band came on an hour late, then played for one and a half hours. All in the same key, just boring background noise. Ghostface comes out, does three, maybe four songs, says he's gotta run away(something from the concept album, I forget) and even the backing band guitarist gets on the mic and it's like "maybe the crowd deserves a bit more than that, ghost?"

Nah, he ran off stage. They play for another 20-30, he comes out and does maybe 3 songs then talks to the audience for a bit. Starts up METHOD Man from WuTang, tries to spit Meth's verse and just fuckin BOMBS it. Gets a random dude to come up from the audience, who just fuckin slays Meth's verse on the song. Better stage presence, breath control, you name it it was better than ghostface.

He does one song after that then walks off the stage, backing band kinda plays for a few minutes before trailing off then they all kinda wander off without saying anything

I'm still salty about that $50, gently caress

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
A bunch of my friends went and saw DMX like two years ago, I had to work and suspected it was going to be a shitshow (I live in a small city in Missouri so whenever rappers come here is either because they are Tech Nine or because they are desperate). Apparently he ended the show with a chance the rapper style plea for people at the show to accept Christ, AND he didn’t do X Gon Give It To Ya which is loving unforgivable. RIP earl

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Also cause this is the one thread that I share stuff with... but yesterday was a really bomb day for me. Got an award at work that I never in a million years would have expected to get, although it was a dream of mine to get it at some point. Voted on by people in the office, got a lot of nice comments and congratulations. I cried a little when I accepted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqssFZ0XYjE

Rich as in Spirit is a good rear end album but this is such a killer first song and really sums up how I've been feeling. Love y'all. Keep striving and surviving!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
OH! I also saw sir mix a lot here in town (hence the desperation thing) and somebody bashed my window out in the parking lot and stole my waiter clothes and shoes. Haha.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Also cause this is the one thread that I share stuff with... but yesterday was a really bomb day for me. Got an award at work that I never in a million years would have expected to get, although it was a dream of mine to get it at some point. Voted on by people in the office, got a lot of nice comments and congratulations. I cried a little when I accepted it.

Rich as in Spirit is a good rear end album but this is such a killer first song and really sums up how I've been feeling. Love y'all. Keep striving and surviving!

gently caress yeah, congrats. Gonna listen to that album to celebrate with you

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

of all the rappers I’ve seen I might say Dizzee Rascal was the best live performer.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
The Kendrick show in like 2013 or 2014 had a backing band too and it was fuckin dope. lots of GKMC cuts with some stuff from his other two EPs

Boywhiz88 posted:

Congrats dude!! always a good feeling

i was listening to Rich as in Spirit during my trip to japan a few years back and now it always reminds me of street beers and cigarettes in tokyo. love that album

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 29, 2021

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Fumez is carrying UK drill now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The kanye Pablo tour was so much fun on the floor. Especially underneath the stage, the energy was incredible. I only saw kanye for like maybe 20 minutes max?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I'm pretty sure the first few live rap shows I saw were Heiruspecs shows at my college dorms.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Man that's cool as hell I'm happy as hell for you. Sounds like you really earned it and the best bit is people took notice! Rare these days to have people talking about happy stuff so this and everyone's concert stories are a really good read.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The kanye Pablo tour was so much fun on the floor. Especially underneath the stage, the energy was incredible. I only saw kanye for like maybe 20 minutes max?

Pablo isn't his best album but I think it would be an amazing album live. But the stage set up alone was loving crazy.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

hell yea this and demolition are my go to songs when its time to grind or i just earned a big win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWQFpLuOzkY

cant nobody stop me but meee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

My worst show was either Sean Paul showing up 2 hours late, tearing through his hits in like 20 minutes with no breaks, and then leaving or Jay Z giving the most phoned in old man performance imaginable when he toured with Justin Timberlake. JT worked his rear end off at least and put on a great show.