Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Taitale posted:

I started playing HS again in early March when I heard about the core set change since it seemed like it would make it a ton easier to keep up in standard. Played a bunch of battlegrounds prior to Barrens coming out and used that gold to get cards from last year then just bought the big preorder bundle. With the dust from that plus some old golden cards that are in wild I don't care about have been able to do some decks so far (control warlock for fun, token druid, secret and aggro paladin) and made it to Diamond 5 today. Took a little while but got there with control warlock with a 61% win rate and the other 3 decks 70% or above. I'm pretty happy with that for the first real month playing in like 3 years.
Good stuff, Diamond 5 is a good target to aim for every month - the Epic card it gives you is worth about 4 times that of a pack (which you'd get for hitting Legend) in terms of collection value. Plus it's the best place to mess around with meme decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Piggy Smalls posted:

Can you link the video?

https://twitch.tv/videos/1001550138

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Flayer posted:

Good stuff, Diamond 5 is a good target to aim for every month - the Epic card it gives you is worth about 4 times that of a pack (which you'd get for hitting Legend) in terms of collection value. Plus it's the best place to mess around with meme decks.

Yeah, if you haven't got the energy for the Legend push Diamond 5 gets you the biggest impact for a rank floor.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Normally I don't even look at the cards that come in my packs because having a complete collection basically isn't a concern of mine, but this seems like a decent pack...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23665634/20-2-patch-notes

Vol'jin looks interesting. I'm curious how it would work with the game's UI.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Is it just me or does Blackthorne look like complete trash?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Elysium posted:

Normally I don't even look at the cards that come in my packs because having a complete collection basically isn't a concern of mine, but this seems like a decent pack...

I hope for a pull like that one day.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

They can't nerf Paladin now, they have loving Judgement Uther coming

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

The quillboar look pretty good. They work well with others if you don't want to go mono clan but also have some decent tribal synergy. They seem to be a divine shield windfury tribe that just constantly gain stats. I'm not sure how quickly they can ramp in stats compared robots or demons.

Banner boar (3* gives adjacent boars blood gems at the end of the turn) seems to be their early game power card that makes the tribe work.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Is that dilf Anduin

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
its super saiyan anduin

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1387823646710722566

darkmoon levels arent being doubled for this count also

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Firebert posted:

I wouldn't have recognized Thrall if I didn't already know it was him. Also Anduin is trippin balls.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Flayer posted:

That's the goal but I don't know if I have time to get there before the end of the season. At least for next month I will actually have a star bonus for getting back to Diamond.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Super Saiyan Anduin is the definite selection from that group.

I like that Quillboar tags are getting added to various minions across the game, despite there being no tribal synergies.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Didn't Elementals have a similar thing for awhile? Or maybe it was Dragons...

Also a slight change for those cards that look at different Tribes

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Flayer posted:

I like that Quillboar tags are getting added to various minions across the game, despite there being no tribal synergies.

I'm trying to think now does Quilboar being a tribe retroactivity create any new card interactions? Like am I forgetting a generic-hates-all-tribes card?

Don't think so outside of Amalgams now also being Quilboars.

Edit: Hearthpwn to the rescue, New'zoth (pulling Death's Head Cultist is nice), Waste Warden, and Tent Trasher technically got buffed.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 29, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

im Illidan's chest window showcasing his cleavage

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Man I hate every iteration of token druid. It's always just the most highroll deck ever, either they draw the perfect curve or they fizzle entirely.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

gandlethorpe posted:

Devs on reddit confirmed it's new technology (that sounds so ridiculous to type out) that lets you select two different things. Also that it indeed works on shop minions which seems really strong!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I’m guessing drag to first, and then click on the second like the Mobile UI uses?

And time to finally get that 60/60 Tabby achievement.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Voljin's gonna make really massive Hydras and Reapers

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

blizzardvizard posted:

Voljin's gonna make really massive Hydras and Reapers

And spores. Might even be worth it to give Nadina 1 hp. This hero power will be insane.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Uh, that's kind of nuts if it'll let you do it on two shop minions and also it's free. :psyduck:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yeah, Vol'jin is clearly a cash grab to get people to buy the tavern thing, because getting wrecked by him for 2 weeks is gonna suck. Like, even basic poo poo like swapping your token or 2/2 taunt up to a 2/3 or 2/4 T1 is gonna just let him pound the poo poo out of people in the early game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Xyrella also seems kinda mediocre? Getting minions for 2 gold is always good but setting them to 2 atk/2 health is rough and doesn't even let her have a decent early game spike with how terrible that breakpoint is.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I assume it's meant to make it easier to buy minions where you don't care about their statline, like most battlecries, deathrattles, or enablers (Brann). And then there's the cases where it has no effect or is even an improvement (e.g. spawn, spore, tokens)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

gandlethorpe posted:

And spores. Might even be worth it to give Nadina 1 hp. This hero power will be insane.

Switching Spore and Battlemaster is definitely gonna be popular. I think Vol'jin will be strongest early/mid game but will fall off lategame. Blackthorn is eh, probably pretty good if you get lucky with Quillboars. Xyrella basically gets to buy a minion for 2 once a turn which is pretty strong.

As for Quillboars themselves they seem pretty decent, and are very flexible for combinations with other minion types(And even have a dedicated menagerie minion). In lategame I really doubt a full Quillboar build can outscale Dragons or Elementals though.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 30, 2021

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
As Face, play-every-card-you-can Hunter is back, I need to remind myself this game is not targeted at people who want interesting decisions to settle their games, just give us your loving money nerds.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Masters Tour Ogrimmar is live, drops are enabled through this weekend (2 hours for a pack, 4 hours for two packs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0C53KHJ6vg

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

AnacondaHL posted:

Masters Tour Ogrimmar is live, drops are enabled through this weekend (2 hours for a pack, 4 hours for two packs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0C53KHJ6vg
More drops? I thought it was just two pack drops for weeks 2-7 total.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Flayer posted:

More drops? I thought it was just two pack drops for weeks 2-7 total.

That's right for Grandmasters, but this is a Masters Tour event. Different things.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I switched to the latest iteration of Face Hunter after facing nearly only Mages and Warlocks, I must say it feels much more fun and interesting than older versions between Kodobane and all the other Discover cards.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

Yeah, Vol'jin is clearly a cash grab to get people to buy the tavern thing, because getting wrecked by him for 2 weeks is gonna suck. Like, even basic poo poo like swapping your token or 2/2 taunt up to a 2/3 or 2/4 T1 is gonna just let him pound the poo poo out of people in the early game.

cash grab you say? from this company?! i am shocked, just shocked - this is completely out of character for them!

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Trying to plan out my gold usage. When is the mid expansion set and how much does it cost?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Last King posted:

cash grab you say? from this company?! i am shocked, just shocked - this is completely out of character for them!

if people get radicalized against capitalism through the medium of an electronic children's card game, so much the better :v:

emocrat posted:

Trying to plan out my gold usage. When is the mid expansion set and how much does it cost?

the last one was 15 bucks or 2000 gold, presumably the next one will be also. no date yet, but also, the last one was jan 21 after darkmoon faire was released nov 17, so since forged in the barrens was released march 30, probably around may 30

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

World War Mammories posted:

if people get radicalized against capitalism through the medium of an electronic children's card game, so much the better :v:

the last one was 15 bucks or 2000 gold, presumably the next one will be also. no date yet, but also, the last one was jan 21 after darkmoon faire was released nov 17, so since forged in the barrens was released march 30, probably around may 30

still too many hardcore fans who gobble up everything and anything this shell of a company puts out.

you're thinking too small... you have to dream bigger. dmf came out in 2020 - it's 2021! wouldn't put it past them to bump this up to a much more even $19.99 / 3,000g instead.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I just hit Diamond for the first time ever thanks to this FaceHunter someone posted awhile ago. The various Paladins seem to be my worst matchup, with Priest coming in second.

### Face
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw
# 2x (2) Kolkar Pack Runner
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (4) Knife Vendor
# 2x (4) Piercing Shot
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 2x (5) Trampling Rhino
#
AAECAairBAS04QOP4wPl7wPn8AMNorkD3MwDos4DgtADudIDhuID3OoDn+wD8OwD2+0DqZ8Eqp8Eu6AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
God, spell mage is still dumb as gently caress. Sure, Apexis blast into Teacher’s Pet into Mukla :fuckoff:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

New vicious syndicate egg secret paladin is a delight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
While I was looking forward to Kazakus since I love golems, I was feeling nervous when Scabbs Cutterbutter was revealed because I figured it would kill Kazakus for Rogue. Little did I imagine the meta would adjust such that Scabby wouldn't see play.

I feel kind of bad for Scabbs now. The Mercenaries seem cool and it shows how Hearthstone is best when it makes its own lore rather than trying to tie into WoW lore.