Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Smugworth posted:

Salchichas :mexico:

I was surprised to see the chorizo in a bratwurst form but it let me get some grill flavor on it then cook it up with diced tomatoes and chiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Cravin' for some morcilla.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Did you slice them and serve them in tortillas

Or did you just wrap a tortilla around the whole salchicha

Either answer is ok

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
I checked to make sure my property tax payment was registered properly (it was).

I midlife crisised some weights in the garage, and broke down the recycling in between sets.

And now I take out one of the ginger ales that I hide in the back of the fridge and make a Dark n Stormy.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Sure, I can reload Windows on your PC. While I'm waiting for Update to install all the security fixes I'll repair that old dresser drawer you have, I already have the wood glue and the pneumatic pin nailer. Sharpen your lawn mower blades? Sure. Gimme 10 minutes. After I'll grill us some prime Costco steaks (tomatoes and onions from my garden of course) and we can drink my home made beer. After you can chill while I do dishes, then we can watch some Game of Thrones.

Rad Dad.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Cafe Barbarian posted:

I checked to make sure my property tax payment was registered properly (it was).

I midlife crisised some weights in the garage, and broke down the recycling in between sets.

And now I take out one of the ginger ales that I hide in the back of the fridge and make a Dark n Stormy.

Hiding the ginger ale in the back of the fridge is a pro dad move.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

GORDON posted:

Sure, I can reload Windows on your PC. While I'm waiting for Update to install all the security fixes I'll repair that old dresser drawer you have, I already have the wood glue and the pneumatic pin nailer. Sharpen your lawn mower blades? Sure. Gimme 10 minutes. After I'll grill us some prime Costco steaks (tomatoes and onions from my garden of course) and we can drink my home made beer. After you can chill while I do dishes, then we can watch some Game of Thrones.

Rad Dad.

U mind if I tug?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Derpies posted:

did u pull off the membrane???

nah. it's just on the bone on that side

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Smugworth posted:

Did you slice them and serve them in tortillas

Or did you just wrap a tortilla around the whole salchicha

Either answer is ok

I sliced them out of the casing and then got it with the meat separator and let it cook for a bit in some diced tomatoes and chiles

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Just finished smoking my Montréal style smoked meat and now it's beer hammock time. Cheers dads

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

tripwood posted:

Just finished smoking my Montréal style smoked meat and now it's beer hammock time. Cheers dads

Remember to wear your safety hammock harness

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Got hunk of pig in the crockpot. Gonna tug it later.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Hell yeah I'll help build your deck. Nah, I'm good, I've got all my own tools.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
this weekend i am planning to go on the roof and clean the gutters. its easy because my roof is pretty flat. going to also try and clear all the downspouts and drains. should be exciting stuff, with only minimal risk of serious injury

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Drink heavily before you start

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

thathonkey posted:

this weekend i am planning to go on the roof and clean the gutters. its easy because my roof is pretty flat. going to also try and clear all the downspouts and drains. should be exciting stuff, with only minimal risk of serious injury

Last year another guy told me he got up on his roof with a leaf blower. Does make it a lot faster job

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
thats exactly what im going to do

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I got a fancy new metal roof that seems to be very good o not getting too much poo poo stuck in it, but a horde of wasps has decided to start living in the rails holding our solar panels. Gonna have to go commit mass wasp murder soon and cap those suckers.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
id love to get a metal roof. i think it would act as a really great heatsink during the summer. plus they sound cool as hell when it rains.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

We got maybe another 5 years on our current roof, been thinking about getting metal also :rock:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

thathonkey posted:

id love to get a metal roof. i think it would act as a really great heatsink during the summer. plus they sound cool as hell when it rains.

you get insane murderous icicles too

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Derpies posted:

I got a fancy new metal roof that seems to be very good o not getting too much poo poo stuck in it, but a horde of wasps has decided to start living in the rails holding our solar panels. Gonna have to go commit mass wasp murder soon and cap those suckers.

Why disturb them when they could guard your precious solar panels from thieves

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Derpies posted:

just leave 'em. wasps are really chill and they eat other bugs.

exceptions: German hornets, white
-faced "hornets"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Derpies posted:

did u pull off the membrane???

Of all people Aaron Franklin sort of shames this and I'm like "binsch what?! don't be gross. I don't want to chomp into some crinkly rear end poo poo and YES I WILL nibble the bottom, thank you!"

Guttlesswonder
Mar 17, 2006

I'll take two adult and two kids tickets for "Alien Erection" please
Will someone get these deer out of my loving lawn. Also, outside of lavender is there anything these pricks will not eat? Deer resistance, outside of that one plant, is just a snake-oil sale from what I can tell.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Guttlesswonder posted:

Will someone get these deer out of my loving lawn. Also, outside of lavender is there anything these pricks will not eat? Deer resistance, outside of that one plant, is just a snake-oil sale from what I can tell.

Sorry, you’ll either need to move or get a fence.

Guttlesswonder
Mar 17, 2006

donkey salami posted:

Last year another guy told me he got up on his roof with a leaf blower. Does make it a lot faster job

I use a pressure washer. That is a pretty quick method to clean the roof and gutters.

Guttlesswonder
Mar 17, 2006

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Sorry, you’ll either need to move or get a fence.

It doesn't really bother me, but my wife cares a lot so...I guess I could get a divorce and she could keep the house. Kill two birds with one stone.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Offer to teach the deer the secrets of gunpowder.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Smugworth posted:

Why disturb them when they could guard your precious solar panels from thieves

I have not considered this angle

Empty Sandwich posted:

just leave 'em. wasps are really chill and they eat other bugs.

exceptions: German hornets, white
-faced "hornets"

Wasps/Yellowjackets are not chill and are mega dicks that drink my beer in my kiddie pool. Maybe if they amde honey or brought a 6er ofver every now and the they'd be cool.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Of all people Aaron Franklin sort of shames this and I'm like "binsch what?! don't be gross. I don't want to chomp into some crinkly rear end poo poo and YES I WILL nibble the bottom, thank you!"

It is a pretty noticable difference when u smoke em but to eat dad their own

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I just spent more than a thousand pounds on ultralight camping gear

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

A CRAB IRL posted:

youre gonna have to translate that into freedom currency

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Derpies posted:

when it rains you have the best sound

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A CRAB IRL posted:

A thousand pounds? That doesn’t sound very light at all!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Derpies posted:

Wasps/Yellowjackets are not chill and are mega dicks that drink my beer in my kiddie pool. Maybe if they amde honey or brought a 6er ofver every now and the they'd be cool.

Last Fall girlfriend and I were cutting the apples we and the kids picked off my tree, and were putting them in the apple press. After a bit the hornets found us and started licking at the peels and stuff. A few of the hornets were crawling all over the back of my fingers as I cut apples, lapping at sugary apple juice. GF and kids were shocked that I just ignored them, and calmly continued what I was doing as they crawled all over my hands....

My calm bravery was attractive, to her.

Dogs and hornets can smell fear, so just don't be afraid.

Rad dad.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

You wanna kill a whole wasp nest / ant colony dead as gently caress in mere seconds from 15 feet away? This is the good poo poo. Liquid death, and it also works as an aggressive dog deterrent.

https://rainbowtech.net/products/telco-power-wasp-ant-spray/

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
new task: fix caulking around the shower that i noticed some issues with today and now cant stop thinking about

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

I;m thinkin bout thos caulks

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

A thousand pounds? That doesn’t sound very light at all!

He got the four story tent with the beer garden bump-out. :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
bead size