Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
A crooked TV interviewer known for his shock interviews dies in a car accident and his punishment for living a wicked life is he has to have an interview with Sisyphus to see if he really is happy but he can only get the interview after Sisyphus finishes work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
Leonard Cohen and Cambria

xcheopis

sk posted:

"ocean's unleavened", a thread to discuss which types of bread are best at doing crimes

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

xcheopis

Prurient Squid posted:

A crooked TV interviewer known for his shock interviews dies in a car accident and his punishment for living a wicked life is he has to have an interview with Sisyphus to see if he really is happy but he can only get the interview after Sisyphus finishes work.

"I'm Robin Leach. I'm going to Hell. And I don't know whyyyy."

Prof. Crocodile

A salsa that is made in Jersey City, but it tells everyone it is made in New York City because it sounds cooler.

more falafel please

forums poster

Prof. Crocodile posted:

A salsa that is made in Jersey City, but it tells everyone it is made in New York City because it sounds cooler.

NEW YORK CITY???

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Goons Are Gifts

Posting on the joke thread sex number thanks for your attention please keep posting

Tree Bucket

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
A book that ranks fairy folk by how untrustworthy they are, titled "Shifty Grades of Fey"

Dip Viscous

cool product slogans

"i think it's there!"

"i threw a spoon right at it!"

Finger Prince

Tree Bucket posted:

A book that ranks fairy folk by how untrustworthy they are, titled "Shifty Grades of Fey"

:golfclap:

xcheopis

Tree Bucket posted:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Tree Bucket posted:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

biosterous

Tree Bucket posted:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

google THIS

Tree Bucket posted:

:discourse: :dadjoke:

deep dish peat moss

a rap song that begins with

I can fall asleep for a week
Some think that's a problem but I think it's pretty sweet

Prof. Crocodile

deep dish peat moss posted:

ain’t nothin but a zzz thing baby

Yinlock

Goons Are Great posted:

Posting on the joke thread sex number thanks for your attention please keep posting

making the "posting on the sex number page" joke but absolutely nobody gets it

Dip Viscous

i don't get it

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

deep dish peat moss posted:

rap van winkle

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

waluigi stands for wet rear end luigi, and other essays

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

more falafel please

forums poster

defenestrate (v): the act of acidifying a previously alkaline wetland

more falafel please

forums poster

more falafel please posted:

defenestrate (v): the act of acidifying a previously alkaline wetland

, until the pH is below 7.0 (the bog standard)

xcheopis

more falafel please posted:

, until the pH is below 7.0 (the bog standard)

Nerd!

Finger Prince

Putting the romance in necromancer.

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

Putting the romance in necromancer.

Necromancer is a fancy word for vampire

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Dip Viscous posted:

i don't get it

no shame in waiting until you meet that special someone

biosterous

xcheopis posted:

Necromancer is a fancy word for vampire

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dip Viscous

walkthroughs for retro video games written in the style of recipe websites

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

canyoneer posted:

no shame in waiting until you meet that special someone

Dip Viscous posted:

lol

Prof. Crocodile

Dip Viscous posted:

my earliest memories of kid icarus come from my grandmother, at her house in the country, when I was 9 years old. I came from a big family, and playing video games were an important ritual that helped keep us connected, both to ourselves and to our past. playing video games during the holidays were quiet the production, with almost every member of the family shuffling around the den, eager to contribute to the days festivities. but kid icarus was something that only grandma and I played, and playing it together felt like sharing a secret with your best friend.

the walkthrough below is based on the strategy that my grandmother perfected over years of playing kid icarus—a strategy that she kept tinkering with, in true grandma fashion, until she passed away in 2006. but to really understand the walkthrough, and why she cultivated it so diligently, we have to go back to Prussia in 1902, when her mother—my great grandmother—was just starting to dream of a new life in America while making handmade video games at local market in konigsburg.

young people today may find this hard to believe, but in the days before raytracing and subsecond load screens, every piece of the video game was made by hand. it was hard work, but to those old world artisans the craftsmanship was its own reward. I often think about my great grandmother, meticulously placing one pixel next to another, and wonder what she would have thought of me and grandma casually entering passwords that we had looked up in Nintendo power, instead of earning them hard way. would she have been angry, or would she have instinctively understood the bond that we were sharing as we traded the controller back and forth and traded inside jokes about how the snakes looked cross-eyed?

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 4, 2021

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

my earliest memories of kid icarus come from my grandmother, at her house in the country, when I was 9 years old. I came from a big family, and playing video games were an important ritual that helped keep us connected, both to ourselves and to our past. playing video games during the holidays were quiet the production, with almost every member of the family shuffling around the den, eager to contribute to the days festivities. but kid icarus was something that only grandma and I played, and playing it together felt like sharing a secret with your best friend.

the walkthrough below is based on the strategy that my grandmother perfected over years of playing kid icarus—a strategy that she kept tinkering with, in true grandma fashion, until she passed away in 2006. but to really understand the walkthrough, and why she cultivated it so diligently, we have to go back to Prussia in 1902, when her mother—my great grandmother—was just starting to dream of a new life in America while making handmade video games at local market in konigsburg.

young people today may find this hard to believe, but in the days before raytracing and subsecond load screens, every piece of the video game was made by hand. it was hard work, but to those old world artisans the craftsmanship was its own reward. I often think about my great grandmother, meticulously placing one pixel next to another, and wonder what she would have thought of me and grandma casually entering passwords that we had looked up in Nintendo power, instead of earning them hard way.

deep dish peat moss

Prof. Crocodile posted:

young people today may find this hard to believe, but in the days before raytracing and subsecond load screens, every piece of the video game was made by hand. it was hard work, but to those old world artisans the craftsmanship was its own reward. I often think about my great grandmother, meticulously placing one pixel next to another, and wonder what she would have thought of me and grandma casually entering passwords that we had looked up in Nintendo power, instead of earning them hard way. would she have been angry, or would she have instinctively understood the bond that we were sharing as we traded the controller back and forth and traded inside jokes about how the snakes looked cross-eyed?

take the moon

by sebmojo

Prof. Crocodile posted:

looool

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Prurient Squid

Ancient philosophers compiling a list of opposites and just getting it wrong.

Dip Viscous

Prof. Crocodile posted:

lol perfect

deep dish peat moss

No I'm not super-gay, just reggae.

Prurient Squid

A cross country nun-only running championship called "nuns on the run".

But now I'm imagining a Mother Superior running ahead ala Full Metal Jacket shouting motivational catholic abuse.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 5, 2021

google THIS

Prof. Crocodile posted:

A post so good it killed the thread before it started

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

A post so good it killed the thread before it started

pro life protesters gathering outside byob as we speak

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous

the most effort i was going to put in was like

pg49: "and while i lost my mother that day, i gained many friends. that's why, on the screen you will will see upon pressing start, i always name the main character Blorfo"

self owned

Dip Viscous fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 5, 2021