Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Texas loving hates freedom.

So does Ohio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

thathonkey posted:

my costco was out of dog food :confused:

Yeah mine doesn't have it half the time, or only has half the varieties.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I think the surge in pet ownership has caused a few shortages of pet supplies, getting kitty litter at my local Costco has been hit or miss along with any canned cat food.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

infraboy posted:

I think the surge in pet ownership has caused a few shortages of pet supplies, getting kitty litter at my local Costco has been hit or miss along with any canned cat food.
I feel like I need to get two bags of cat litter every time I go. That package is not enough for two furthings, but goddamn it's heavy.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

For pet food in general, manufacturing, warehouse, and distribution have all been rocked by covid. Like, a few months ago a bag of cat food (not costco related) I ordered got put on a truck and loving driven cross country when normally it would've been sent from a closer warehouse or at least probably put on a plane.

Mercury Hat fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 29, 2021

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
dog food is probably another one of those bulky items that’s hard to store a zillion pounds of in the warehouse at a given time. That’s ultimately what was causing problem with TP, the shortages weren’t that bad if everyone would just buy a normal amount, but they can’t keep 50 bales of TP stocked for every single customer because they don’t have the space.

I haven’t seen any problems with pet food or pet litter locally though.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
there are so many meatballs in the meatball sack

i think im going to make meatball pizza

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

poll plane variant posted:

Re: meatballs

I just tried the gigantic meatballs in the refrigerated section and they're p great but def combine with a good sauce or make your own since the one that comes with it is pretty flavorless (at least to me)

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

poll plane variant posted:

I solved that problem with the new foodsaver I got on sale. Costco solving Costco problems, PBUC

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Make meatball subs.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Fartington Butts posted:

Make meatball subs.

I ate those 3 days this week

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
So apparently there's some whiskey Costco gets wholesale at $60 a pop that retails outside of Costco for $300 a pop. From what a family member told me that works at the Co' guys would literally run to the booze isle when the store opened to snatch them all up.

Edit: Blue Spot Irish whiskey. Retails at total wine for $109. I guess dudes been going and upselling them?

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Apr 29, 2021

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

So apparently there's some whiskey Costco gets wholesale at $60 a pop that retails outside of Costco for $300 a pop. From what a family member told me that works at the Co' guys would literally run to the booze isle when the store opened to snatch them all up.

Is this some Pappy poo poo?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I had to dig in our family chat. Im assuming they scalp that poo poo. I guess Blue Spot wasn't available in the u.s for awhile? I need a whiskey person to fact check me

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Meatball quesadilla.

Grilled meatball kabob.

Meatball tacos.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I had to dig in our family chat. Im assuming they scalp that poo poo. I guess Blue Spot wasn't available in the u.s for awhile? I need a whiskey person to fact check me

Yeah, Blue Spot has not been available in the US for a number of years. It's somewhat similar to a cask strength Green Spot. I mean, it should be good, but I don't think it's going to be $300 good. My random opinion would venture that 100-110 is a mostly fair price in the current market, and 60 is a good price.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/blue-spot-the-irish-whiskey-of-my-dreams-is-now-available-in-the-us

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

priznat posted:

RIP Bean Dad

Just checked my new thing of black beans. Different batch.

Checked in bean safe.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alarbus posted:

Yeah, Blue Spot has not been available in the US for a number of years. It's somewhat similar to a cask strength Green Spot. I mean, it should be good, but I don't think it's going to be $300 good. My random opinion would venture that 100-110 is a mostly fair price in the current market, and 60 is a good price.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/blue-spot-the-irish-whiskey-of-my-dreams-is-now-available-in-the-us

From what i heard from my family member is that dudes would buy out the stock immediately and sell at a higher price elsewhere. And or just buy a bunch of cheap bottles of decent whiskey

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Has anyone used Costco to get an AC unit installed? They contract through Brennan here in WA state and I got a quote for $13k for a two-stage unit and a new furnace with install.

After the dust settles I get $1800 back on a Costco card. Seems expensive but…it’s WA so maybe not?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Nuts and Gum posted:

Has anyone used Costco to get an AC unit installed? They contract through Brennan here in WA state and I got a quote for $13k for a two-stage unit and a new furnace with install.

After the dust settles I get $1800 back on a Costco card. Seems expensive but…it’s WA so maybe not?

My wife works for an HVAC company and they are who is set up inside of our local Costco. When you buy are actually buying the units from the local company and they will be the ones to install it too. I think the cash back through Costco works out a little better than buying directly from her HVAC company.

We had a new lennox furnace and AC installed about a year ago and the list price for it was $11,000. We are in Nebraska.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

mds2 posted:

My wife works for an HVAC company and they are who is set up inside of our local Costco. When you buy are actually buying the units from the local company and they will be the ones to install it too. I think the cash back through Costco works out a little better than buying directly from her HVAC company.

We had a new lennox furnace and AC installed about a year ago and the list price for it was $11,000. We are in Nebraska.

I'm also in Nebraska with a 27 year old furnace and a/c, so that is good to hear. I eye up that Lennox stand every time I walk out.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

mds2 posted:

Thanks! I’ll probably end up doing it, don’t think I can handle another summer here with crappy window ac units.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Nuts and Gum posted:

That's about right for Seattle based upon the quotes I got last year.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wow. I had no idea A/Cs were that expensive. I got a brand new furnace a few years ago for $1,400.

lgcty5
Jan 4, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wow. I had no idea A/Cs were that expensive. I got a brand new furnace a few years ago for $1,400.

I think it’s very regionally dependent. We got a higher end system (AC & furnace), extra air filtration, a humidifier, a smart thermostat installed and some duct work redone for $8k. I negotiated some too.

lgcty5 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 30, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/oAUFVqT.mp4

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The perfect crime

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

More than likely is was an 80% efficient furnace, which are illegal to install now. All new furnaces are 90%+ efficiency and cost quite a bit more.
And typically the AC unit cost quite a bit more than a furnace.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
heat pump

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Costco needs braces

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvzHMmDDTBI

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
second Pfizer dose at costco today :blastu:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mds2 posted:

More than likely is was an 80% efficient furnace, which are illegal to install now. All new furnaces are 90%+ efficiency and cost quite a bit more.
And typically the AC unit cost quite a bit more than a furnace.

It was an 80% and the 90% was maybe $2700. I only got it installed like 3 years ago so and I never heard anything about them being illegal. I would imagine that's not true everywhere. Only the federal government can do that and I'm guessing that couldn't possibly happen under Trump.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

It was an 80% and the 90% was maybe $2700. I only got it installed like 3 years ago so and I never heard anything about them being illegal. I would imagine that's not true everywhere. Only the federal government can do that and I'm guessing that couldn't possibly happen under Trump.

It was part of a green energy federal law passed under Obama. No poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ok well it's not illegal. The only info I can find is that it was lifted almost immediately apparently.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Chinatown posted:

second Pfizer dose at costco today :blastu:

godspeed, I was fine for the first 6-8 hours and then woke up at 4:00 the next afternoon after many vivid fever dreams about several former illinois governors fighting a crack team of ninjas trying to stop them selling the toll road infrastructure to foreign pension funds

A++ vax, would dose again recreationally

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Had a lovely time at church yesterday! Brought my $1.50 1/4 lb+ communion home with me so I could use my good mustard and homemade kraut, it ruled even though the bun got a little smushed.

Good news 1) between Costco prices and GoodRX, a month’s worth of the three meds and three supplements I take every day was about $60, which is about $150 cheaper than the CVS around the corner when I had lovely insurance and was not yet a parishioner.

Good news 2) I finally found the milk tea boba bars! I usually don’t really like the tapioca itself, but I bought them based on the recommendation of this thread and they are sooooo goooooood.

BAD NEWS!!! They were completely out of the knockoff Birkenstocks! I’m gonna make a small trip at some point this coming week, anyone know what day a re-stocking is likely to happen? Or am I just SOL?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
After my covid shot I got a smoothie from the food court. Guy in the window said he doesn't think onions or relish will return. :negative:

:negative:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Chinatown posted:

After my covid shot I got a smoothie from the food court. Guy in the window said he doesn't think onions or relish will return. :negative:

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Chinatown posted: