Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

President Beep posted:

yeah, point taken, but at least rich people have more and bigger things to get hosed up.

rich people can just buy new ones though. this is like a weather flat tax and disproportionately affects the poor

i understand the sentiment though as when i was in college working at a place there had been some tornadoes and one of the owners had some minor damage to one of the cars and she said, which sticks with me even now, “thank god the lexus was okay.”

we all mocked her endlessly as soon as she left. i mean fuckin tone deaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
of course you’re both correct and that was a dumb, throwaway post from me. i won’t double down on any of that.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

when I did volunteer recovery work after hurricane harvey flooded houston, we mainly helped poor black and hispanic families. their houses were in poor shape even before the storm because they didn't have the means to repair them after the last flood and FEMA was no loving help

it really gets my goat when coastal dems condemn these people to eat poo poo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

taco_fox posted:

when I did volunteer recovery work after hurricane harvey flooded houston, we mainly helped poor black and hispanic families. their houses were in poor shape even before the storm because they didn't have the means to repair them after the last flood and FEMA was no loving help

hmm but if they weren't backwards yokels why don't they own a condo in downtown san francisco?

flyover country amirite???

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yes, that was callous, tone deaf, and generally lovely and i feel bad for saying it.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Well hat's off to you for owning it, beepers

Does anyone have a hat I can borrow?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Tori please ride your bike here and give a trip report
https://twitter.com/thesiegem4n/status/1387862207376023553

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Target Track Jacket posted:

Tori please ride your bike here and give a trip report
https://twitter.com/thesiegem4n/status/1387862207376023553

There's a particular brand of Philadelphia chud that makes the rural ones here look tame and these tweets are hitting that on all cylinders

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:wtc:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/i/status/1268724663686803456

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

uh excuse me but they were hacked!

https://twitter.com/Peach_pooff/status/1388141322289106950

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

why don't people want to work for a sexist rear end in a top hat for $5/hour????? lazy entitled millenials

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There's a particular brand of Philadelphia chud that makes the rural ones here look tame and these tweets are hitting that on all cylinders

northeast philly: not even once

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

p sure this would result in instant emptying of all police firearms in the rough direction of the crowd in the us

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Unlike Dave Foley, he does not hav a Positive Attitude Towards Menstruation

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

it's a shame that america's gun violence is targeted at the wrong people, really

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
those cops are wearing modular helmets which provide a false sense of safety and are worse than half helmets. In other words, keep wearin em, piggies!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

it's a shame that america's gun violence is targeted at the wrong people, really
https://twitter.com/CrappyFumes/status/934508127722012673?s=19

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

qirex posted:

p sure this would result in instant emptying of all police firearms in the rough direction of the crowd in the us

not if they're all on fire

in minecraft

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Unlike Dave Foley, he does not hav a Positive Attitude Towards Menstruation

lmao

Apr 7, 2003

What if men could menstruate. Manstruation.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

What if men could menstruate. Manstruation.

gloria steinem has an infamous essay on this topic

it’s pretty funny, going into bragging about heavy flow days etc

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
idk about fellow testosterone-heavy individuals but i absolutely have monthly hormonal fluctuations that impact my mood

thank goodness there are things like alcohol and coffee to help keep things balanced out the safe & natural way

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

looks like tori and shaggar had a child

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/29/nyregion/restaurant-astoria-crash-scooter.html

(that totally sucks btw, cops are super anti-bike lane/pedestrian crap here)

Apr 7, 2003

Share Bear posted:

looks like tori and shaggar had a child

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/29/nyregion/restaurant-astoria-crash-scooter.html

(that totally sucks btw, cops are super anti-bike lane/pedestrian crap here)

my understanding is that all the cops there are suburbanites who fuckin hate the city.

Pittsburgh used to require cops to live in city limits but that got struck down.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

NY cops absolutely can't afford to live in the city.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

they all live in staten island and suffolk county

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

my wife was talking to a cop in our town who commented that she liked it here and when my wife asked if she lived here the cop replied "absolutely not. id never send my kids to school with THOSE PEOPLE"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the seattle cops make a ton of money and don't live here either

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

NY cops absolutely can't afford to live in the city.

Staten Island is still technically the city

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

nope vanlyfe crew and real estate speculation destroyed the nomad lifestyle

you spend more than 3h in an rv in a parking lot now, cops surround you

i see a ton of sprinters and weird rear end definitely lived in school busses parked at a park near me every time i run by there.

they seem to keep it pretty clean and tidy but there’s at least a dozen of them there on a normal day right now.

i also see a lot of sprinters parked on the streets overnight.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Share Bear posted:

they all live in staten island and suffolk county

surely just a coincidence that those are the two most racist places in the area

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/bugposting/status/1071219091791339520

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

Absolutely no question it would. They just gave a 23 year old kid four years in prison and ordered him to pay $12 million "restitution" for participating in burning down (i.e identified in the vicinity throwing things into the fire) the Minneapolis cop shop.

They'd kill everyone in range of their guns and then start looking for more.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/Garrett_Photo/status/1388169802607431684

Rot in hell, you absolute pedophile sisterfucking piece of garbage.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

taco_fox posted:

eh it’s more misplaced hate for the poo poo rear end red states with no regulation and no code enforcement on shoddy building construction that allows for such uninhabitable housing to perpetually exist and continue to be constructed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Photo/status/1388169802607431684

Rot in hell, you absolute pedophile sisterfucking piece of garbage.

i’d say expect a tearful, faith-based apology very soon but the look on his face here suggests otherwise

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

i’d say expect a tearful, faith-based apology very soon but the look on his face here suggests otherwise

rumors that he was laughing and smirking in the courtroom. He's gone full child-loving Joker. This is what happens when you have a 20 year history of molestation and sex abuse and your dad conspires with sheriffs and preachers to cover it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

eh it’s more misplaced hate for the poo poo rear end red states with no regulation and no code enforcement on shoddy building construction that allows for such uninhabitable housing to perpetually exist and continue to be constructed

also it's fun to poo poo on all that texas pride